Rejected Going back home - expert, version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! As awesome as it is that you're submitting a map, I would encourage you to read this post to get a better idea of what to shoot for in a parkour map, since as of right now this does not match many of the requirements.

Have a great day!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, your map submission is being REJECTED. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is sort of original - I like the storytelling you have in your map. However, the House theme and Temple theme are both overused and are rarely accepted on ManaCube anymore.
Build: The build was honestly a bit of a mess. I think you can fix this by creating your build in a way so there is one central build with parkour incorporated into/around it, instead of floating sections of map connected to each other by parkour. The house at the end was cute, but it didn't feature much detail. The rest of the map was quite ugly and didn't really resemble anything, but rather looked like a bunch of random blocks.
Parkour: The parkour was a little lengthy for an EXPERT map, and the difficulty was quite varied - some of the jumps were extremely hard, and some were very easy. There were also a slew of impossible jumps on your map - be sure you are testing the map in 1.8.9 before submitting so you know everything is possible. The checkpoints could have been more plentiful as it felt they were very spread out through most of the map. The parkour did feature a good variety of jumps, but overall the parkour felt pretty boring to play.

I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.