• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
Hey there! To start off, my name is NStarMC and, as you see right here, I have made a guide on potions. Basically, I will talk about the different kinds of potions, how each one works, and how to make them.

However, before I start, I do want to make one note. This thread may be in the Survival section, because that's what it mainly applies to, but Skyblock players can also use this, because of one of the challenges, and Islands players can also use this, because of, well, water.

First, to make potions, you will need a brewing stand. You can either buy it for $330 in /shop, or craft it with a blaze rod (dropped from Blazes) above 3 cobblestone. To use brewing stands, you need to fuel them up with blaze powder, which you can craft using blaze rods. Each blaze powder will give 20 uses of the brewing stand.
Next, you will need a water source to get water bottles, which will be the basis of potions. You can either use a cauldron, which can be bought for $650 or crafted with 8 iron ingots in an upside-down leggings recipe, or just simply use water from rivers, oceans, or placing a one block source in your home. Cauldrons are not unlimited when it comes to storing water, but it can make you feel like a witch. :)
Now that you have your water and brewing stand, make those glass bottles! Glass bottles are crafted from 3 glass blocks in somewhat of a V-shape. As said earlier, you need water bottles to make potions, and to get water bottles, you need glass bottles. Right click on a water source with a glass bottle to collect water bottles (Yes, I know this is really easy to know how to collect water bottles, but it's for the newbies!).
To make potions, you will need ingredients. Here is a list of them: Nether Wart (found in the Nether), Golden Carrot (a carrot surrounded by gold nuggets), Magma Cream (slime ball and blaze powder; drops from a Magma Cube), Rabbit's Foot (RARE drop from a Rabbit), Sugar (made from a sugar cane), Pufferfish (obtained by fishing; also used in the quest, Hungry 5), Glistering Melon (a melon slice surrounded by gold nuggets), Spider Eye (drop from Spiders and Cave Spiders), Ghast Tear (drop from Ghasts), Blaze Powder, Fermented Spider Eye (a spider eye, brown mushroom, and sugar combined), Glowstone Dust (obtained by breaking glowstone blocks), Redstone (mined from redstone ore), Gunpowder (drop from Creepers), and Dragon's Breath (bottle up purple particles from the Ender Dragon, while the Ender Dragon is ALIVE).
Now, finally time for the potions themselves...

Awkward Potion: The basic potion, which is used to craft all other potions, except for one.
Ingredient to use: Nether Wart

Potion of Night Vision: A potion that allows you to see in the dark, such as caves and nighttime, and can increase vision
underwater.
Ingredient to use: Golden Carrot

Potion of Invisibility: A potion which makes your body (and nametag) invisible. However, it doesn't turn your armor and held-in-hand items invisible, and your particles might be seen.
Ingredient to use: Fermented Spider Eye
Note: You have to make a Potion of Night Vision first in order to make a Potion of Invisibility.

Potion of Fire Resistance: A potion that makes you immune to fire damage and lava.
Ingredient to use: Magma Cream

Potion of Leaping: A potion that increases how high you can jump.
Ingredient to use: Rabbit's Foot

Potion of Swiftness: A potion that increases your speed.
Ingredient to use: Sugar (Sugar makes you hyper, so how convenient. :p)

Potion of Slowness: A potion that decreases your speed.
Note: You have to make a Potion of Leaping or Potion of Swiftness first in order to make a Potion of Slowness.

Potion of Water Breathing: A potion that increases the amount of time you're able to breath underwater.
Ingredient to use: Pufferfish

Potion of Healing: A potion that restores health. (Pretty self-explanatory.)
Ingredient to use: Glistering Melon

Potion of Poison: A potion that inflicts damage over time, but never kills.
Ingredient to use: Spider Eye

Potion of Harming: A potion that inflicts damage. (Pretty self-explanatory.)
Note: You have to make a Potion of Healing or Potion of Poison first in order to make a Potion of Harming.

Potion of Regeneration: A potion that restores health over time.
Ingredient to use: Ghast Tear

Potion of Strength: A potion that increases how much damage you can inflict on mobs and players.
Ingredient to use: Blaze Powder

Potion of Weakness: A potion that reduces how much damage you can inflict on mobs and players.
Note: Make this potion from a Water Bottle, not an Awkward Potion!

Useless Potions:
-Potion of Mundane
: Made from using all ingredients, except for Fermented Spider Eye, Nether Wart, Glowstone Dust, and Gunpowder
-Potion of Thick: Made from using Glowstone Dust

Potion Powerups:
-Redstone
: Increases how long the potion lasts
-Glowstone Dust: Increases the power of the potion
-Gunpowder: Makes the potion into a Splash Potion, which allows you to throw it instead of drinking it
-Dragon's Breath: Makes the potion (which MUST already be a Splash Potion) into a Lingering Potion, which allows you to throw it, but it stays for a period of time, which allows players to walk through the particles and obtain the effect

I hope you all learned something about potions from this guide, and I hope that you all use potions more. They can be more fun than they seem, especially the invisibility! Besides, if you're the kind of person who wants to complete the /quests, you will need this potions when it comes to fighting the Wither. (You'll thank me later. ;)) Have a good day!!

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
Thanks, Polaris and Ronan! Also, Polaris, I kinda am.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
How do I get dragons breath In Skyblock if I even can??
Hello,
You can get dragons breath from the slayer regions. /slayer
I believe it's slayer level 2 that one of the mobs drops dragons breath.

Side note, please try not to necro-post. This is when you post on an old or inactive forum thread. Doing this will push the dead thread into the active ones and it can become annoying. Please try to avoid posting on something that hasn't been used in the past month-ish.

Good luck with your potions!