First Name
Jocelyn

Country or Timezone
MST

Discord username
HotGlueGun123#1661

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I enjoy helping people on Islands. When I help people it makes me feel productive. When I’m helping someone I feel a lot better because it makes me calm and I feel like it gives me a more sense of meaning. When I joined Islands people were so nice to me and other new players. I want to give back to the server that gave me joy when I was playing on it.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I joined Manacube on the 4th of July of 2021 (7 months ago).

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
I haven’t been playing Manacube much lately but, if I really need to be on, I can be on for about 20-30 Hours a week.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I work in retail and have to deal with many different people on the daily. People that are rude or polite. Children screaming wanting a specific item or toy. Mothers trying to calm their child down in ways I would have never thought of. It’s a very chaotic place, while dealing with those people I'm always polite, calm and patient. I believe I can put that type of energy into being a staff member on Manacube.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have good experience in leadership on school projects and in my work. I don’t mind working with large groups of people or little groups. I do have some experience building on a minecraft server because I used to build on another minecraft server with a friend and we would stay up late trying to make the builds look good for the server and players.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I try to be helpful in many different ways. I’ll join the server if someone needs help from there. I attempt my best to respond quickly in help channels on discord if I know how to help with the situation that the player is in. I want to be as helpful as I can, I want players to try to get the problem solved quickly so they won’t have to wait for very long.
I try to be patient with everyone if they don’t know how to explain what they need help with. I think you can tell by reading this application that my English isn’t the best. English isn’t my first language so it can be hard for me to tell someone what I need help with if I can’t find the words to describe the situation. So I listen to players when they try to explain their problem and what is exactly going on. I’m in no rush, so I am patient with the person because I want them to try their best in telling me what the problem is so I can help them in any way I can.
I can adapt to new things quickly. If something is new I try to see both sides. The good side and the bad side. When looking at the bad side I try to find ways to solve it and improve it. I can give suggestions on what to do to help. If I need to move to a new group or team, I can adapt to the people quickly and try to make everything fun for everyone.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I believe the role of a staff member is to make the fun community a safer place for people of all ages to play. Staff make activities easy for new players to play Manacube or Minecraft in general. They’re the people that truly want to help others have a great time on Manacube. Staff are great role models for players, they influence players to be polite, friendly, and influence players to be right-minded people when playing the server. Staff are honest, responsible, they have a positive attitude, they are creative in many different ways.

Are you able to use recording software?
Not at this time, but I am looking for different options to be able to record.

Anything else we should know?
Well, not everyone knows that I have a kid but I do and that can sometimes affect my playtime on Manacube. Sometimes I won’t be able to go online right away because at the time I may be taking care of them.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Hey there :)

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [rangedhealer77#0001], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
Ranged

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Congratulations!

You have been accepted onto the ManaCube Staff team as an [Islands] helper!

Please join this discord server [https://discord.gg/g4T5QqHk] This is where you will be trained for staff.

When you join the discord please put your gmail address in the #gmails channel so that you can be added to the staff documents, as well as reading my message there. Thank you!

Your application has been put in a private mode, so only you can see it. Therefore, players will not know that you have been accepted unless you tell them. This allows you to be able to wait until you get your perms to then surprise everyone with the good news.

See you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.