How to: Reporting an issue through Discord/ManaCube Support

Grieks

PATRON
Grieks
Grieks
Patron
Ratings
68 2
I've seen a lot of different players report issues on discord either in an inappropriate way or in a way that does not allow the staff to assist in fixing the issue. These can include comments such as:

"survival is broke"
"this server is laggy as shit pls fix"
"voxel sniper/ world edit is broken"
"players are being mean"

All of these are counterproductive to either, fix the task quickly or to have the server rebooted. I know that I'm frustrated with how players talk to staff about the server so that means that the staff members are frustrated as well (even if they don't say it themselves).

This guide is going to be short and sweet and give examples of how you can report issues that will either assist in getting your ticket resolved faster, or assist in resolving an issue on a specific ManaCube server.

DISCORD:

#Help Channel:

This channel is for, obviously, help but more specifically, player reports that can be resolved by any staff. This channel is not for casual conversation as that prevents the staff from actually helping players who are posting in this channel for assistance. There is also no need to spam this channel over and over with multiple messages/pings. A few messages may be needed to explain the situation and an "@" ping may be necessary depending on the urgency of the issue.

To report an issue just ask your detailed question so that staff can answer, but also if they're busy so that an experienced player can answer as well. For example: "I'm new to the server but I'm unable to chat because it's giving me an error whenever I type."

#Issues Channel:

This channel is for issues with servers, lag, and things that may require a staff member higher than a Moderator. The same as the #help channel, this is not for casual conversation and doesn't need multiple pings. Pinging @Owner doesn't necessarily speed the process up either. I've noticed that the staff have an effective communication system and when one staff member states that they've reported it, there is no longer a need to ping other members.

To report an issue just state in detail what the problem is. For example: "The lag in Skyblock is too much to handle. Can we have a reset?"

Direct Messaging Staff:

In the rare instance that you have a question that the staff or any experienced player can answer then you may be directed to DM a specific staff member. In this situation be respectful and direct so that you and the staff member's time is not wasted. Being rude or disrespectful does not help to win them over to help you. I've seen too many people causing a commotion thinking it'll solve their problems. It won't.

ManaCube.com

Support:

You can file a ticket for a variety of reasons. Not receiving your items after purchasing them, having items disappear on you in-game, etc. If this were to happen, make sure you have adequate proof of the problem you are needing to be resolved. If you lost items then include logs that show you had the item, purchased it, or had it stolen. Having more screenshots or videos will help to expedite your ticket and help you get your items faster. If you have any questions about this process you can also ask in the #help chat what you should do about a problem you're having.

Ban Appeal

If you were banned for more than 24 hours and you believe that you were innocent, this is the place to appeal that. When you do so, attach screenshots, videos, or other logs that show that you were following all rules at the time of your ban. This, just like your support ticket will expedite your ban appeal. Any questions can be directed to staff either in discord or direct messages on the forums.

In-Game:

/Report:

This is used to report a specific player in game for breaking any rules that you could notice by doing /report <ign>. Taking screenshots or videos is very beneficial in that situation because they may need it to back up any disciplinary action they would take. Do not abuse this command

/HelpOp

This command is not as specific as /report but it can be very useful. This can be used to contact staff no matter what server they’re on. This can be used to ask questions or report issues so that you can be directed on where to report it further.

If you're having a hard time trying to figure out if something is against the rules or not in the game, don't forget you can do /rules to pull up a basic list.

The staff are here to help and not to be abused. Being kind and straightforward when reporting problems or asking for assistance makes the whole process easier.

View all the staff here: Staff
Submit your own support ticket here: Support

Submit a ban appeal here Ban Appeal
A more detailed list of what the rules are for all of the servers can be found here: Rules

If this seemed as if I was being a parent, that just means that I love all of you <3.

If you have anything you would like to add to this just comment below.

Stay playing,
Grieks#0001

Last edited:

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Grieks thank you so much for This!!!
This is very useful to those who struggle when having to report things so thank you <3
Thank you again for putting a lot of effort into this. One thing is that being banned/muted for longer than 24 hours would be an appeal rather than a ticket :)

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
Hello, @Grieks.

Thank you for taking the time to create this well written and helpful guide. I just have a few points I’d like to comment on with what you’ve written here, just to keep you on the right track. But, it is truly an amazing and helpful guide nonetheless.

The issues section is for reporting things such as lag, support tickets and things that may possibly require higher staff than a moderator - Player reports are more suited towards the #help channel.

For example; if a player is using hatespeech, advertising, or just breaking any of our chat rules, any moderator can deal with this, and it’d be resolved faster if a player reported it there and tagged mods.

Support tickets are for store issues (like you mentioned), questions and concerns, player and staff reports, bugs/glitches, and again, more than likely issues that only Admins and Dacon can deal with.

Ban appeals are filed here (https://forums.manacube.com/forums/ban-appeals/), if players use support tickets to appeal punishments, we almost always redirect them to this subforum, so that it’s easier for staff to keep all the appeals together, and so we can categorise them based on status.

A suggestion I’d also like to add, is ways to get ahold of staff in-game; Which would be /report <IGN> to report a specific player for whatever reason, whether it be suspected hacking, or breaking any rules (if players can gather screenshots for reports, it’s very handy). And also, /helpop which is used to message all online staff to either ask questions, or report issues to us so we can redirect players to wherever they may need to go to get their issue resolved, or it’s also commonly used for reports.

I can’t really think of anything else here that’d be worth adding, but again I appreciate you taking the time to go over all the different ways to reach out to and report issues to staff members. Have a nice day/night!

Grieks

PATRON
Grieks
Grieks
Patron
Ratings
68 2
Grieks thank you so much for This!!!
This is very useful to those who struggle when having to report things so thank you <3
Thank you again for putting a lot of effort into this. One thing is that being banned/muted for longer than 24 hours would be an appeal rather than a ticket :)
Thank you I definitely meant appeal I just couldn’t remember the word lol I’ll change it.

Hello, @Grieks.

Thank you for taking the time to create this well written and helpful guide. I just have a few points I’d like to comment on with what you’ve written here, just to keep you on the right track. But, it is truly an amazing and helpful guide nonetheless.
I also forgot to mention /helpop even though that was in my list! Updates happening!

Thank you both for your inputs

Last edited: