I believe we need reform

Cowamin

Forum Expert
PATRON
Ratings
381 13
This isn't a petition

There should be a way to restart on this server. I know not many people are in my position, and I understand that I am deserving of my punishments and I am sure others are as well, but don't you guys think that it would be nice if there was a way for people to erase their past and move forward. People change and we as humans are more complex than our actions on a Minecraft server. For example, in August, I said a homophobic slur. This got me promptly muted, as this was my goal in the first place which I made clear. Now, this was obviously super offensive and uncalled for and I should have just spammed a swear word or something but I wanted to see how fast I could get muted (sounds stupid, don't ask me about it because its embarrassing to talk about because I don't want people to think I am homophobic, because I definitely am not). Well, this action of mine definitely gives off the impression that I had malicious intent, that I was trying to hurt people. After I said the slur, through discord, I promptly messaged my friends in-game that I knew saw me say that to tell them that I was sorry if I hurt them in any way and I hoped they could forgive me. My own brother is gay, and I have supported this since he came out to me. I won't name the people that I messaged because of a respect for confidentiality. My point by this story is that someone should be able to move past their hurtful mistakes, especially if they express immense regret. I have obviously had my fair share of hurtful actions, and while I may have hurt some people, I would like to think that I have impacted people more positively than I have not. I don't want to be a bad person or the person that people associate with being muted and banned.

This whole spiel sounds like something that I would put in a ban/mute appeal but I am 100% positive it wouldn't get accepted no matter what I say. I am merely asking you as a community to give me feedback on what my thoughts are. I recently saw a comment in one of my other forum posts that brought up the idea of Manacube implementing something like prison reform. I know this is just a Minecraft server, but to me, and a ton of other people, its an incredibly special Minecraft server that can't be replaced by another game or another Minecraft server. I care about this community, I care about all of you.

I am by no means trying to make any excuses for my actions or try to minimize the guilt I feel by bringing in my brother into the situation. All I am saying is that there are more to people than just Minecraft, and I believe that is something the server rules don't account for. I do understand that rules are rules, but sometimes rules can be changed for the better, and I honestly, wholeheartedly, believe that I deserve another chance on this server (without having to wait until November of course).

I hope you guys as a community understand what I am saying. You may not support my opinion but you don't have to.

I know I said I was quitting forums but I have been constantly thinking about playing on this server lately, and I can't give up on something that I care about, because I am not a quitter. So that is why I am making this post, because I find myself constantly refreshing the Manacube forum website because I want to see notifications from people typing on the forums. I don't know what it is, but I am loyal to this server, even through everything, I have stuck around and kept playing actively even after I was perm muted.

Okay, I'll end it here. I really could go on all day. This probably won't do anything at all to help my case or the case of others in similar situations, but I am not a quitter.

Last edited:

FrozenPepsi

PATRON
FrozenPepsi
FrozenPepsi
Patron
Ratings
119 1
its obvious that cow cares for this server and the community. most people who get perm banned are rude or flat out jerks and just leave and have hateful words about this server, but cow is still here and he has so clearly changed. like when have u seen another person banned like cow act the way he is. cmon give him another chance.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
Eventhough you woke me up for this, I love you.
I agree completely. I too have my fair share of negative incidents. And eventhough I've done everything I can to fix it, something is there to hold it.
I'm not sure if a complete reset on someone is possible, but the chance should be available.

I think a lot of your case specificly comes from you being relatively new to manacube when all these punishments happened. I remember myself doing similar things just to try to get muted, when I was fresh to thr server. But after some time, and some punishments. I've realized that was wrong and damaging. I was fortunate to socially get another chance, and you should too.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hey Cowamin,

As I've mentioned and as you have I've always been a fan from a distance as we had similar music tastes and similar jokes at times. However you need to understand the multitude of opportunities that were afforded to you, you had 4 permanent mutes in 1 year. This type of chat is not acceptable and you were given more opportunities then most. Second chances don't start at your permanent mute let alone your fourth one. Second chances start at your second mute where you are afforded that chance by that nature. You can appeal and at some point you may be accepted but you should take into account the numerous pieces of advices staff have given you. I'll give you mine again which is you need time. Permanent mutes/bans are such by nature and you need to understand your actions have a direct correlation to the action other people will take.

You were afforded multiple opportunities to do the right thing and continued to break our rules. Also to this date you have not been fully honest in your very public appeals/posts about the full nature of your rule breaking. I fully understand the allure of Manacube and how addicting it can be but this rallying to be afforded another opportunity by public pleas to the community is not fair or just to the staff team as we go out of our way to keep these things private to be respectful to you. To make our system out as something unjust and unfair is not good enough if you have legitimate suggestions you should post them here, I'm happy to have an open dialogue about how it works to the degree I am allowed to and is appropriate but the constant peddling that the nature of your punishment is unjust or unfair is not fair to the staff team. We as staff have spent hours discussing and going over different aspects about your numerous appeals and the conjecture that we do not care or that our system is somehow unfair is incorrect.

Eventhough you woke me up for this, I love you.
This highlights that the cross section of the community commenting and representing the community. However it is a consistently similar groups of people. This to me displays that people are not recognising the huge cross section of our community and how many people are affected by this. Just because the people who react, comments or likes these post does not mean they represent the overwhelming majority of the community.

Prison reform happens but it doesn't happen immediately or at the discretion of those being punished. You will probably eventually be given the opportunity to once again prove you can follow the rules but the stacking nature of our punishment system is intended to give people increased amounts of time to reflect on their behaviour.

Kind Regards,
Raptor

Last edited: