If you had the opportunity to be a staff member, would you?

Kuduva

Ratings
65 7
So i've been playing a lot more recently, and notice theres never really staff on when I play. I use /helpop, and often don't get a response. So if you had an admin ask you directly if you wanted to become staff on the spot, what would you say and why? Personally I've been thinking about applying recently but want to be sure I can handle it, so I've been helping people out and being super active, idk, its just fun to me. Then again, I don't play other servers. So, whats stopping you you guys? I'd love to see some select people become staff as im sure they be a great addition, but they won't apply. Let me know! :)

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
This is actually such a really interesting question! As I am already staff, I guess I'm not fit to answer this question haha
But if I wasn't already on the team I'd definitely say yes! Helping out with the community through Minecraft, Forums, Discord, etc. is super fun! I've always been someone who loves assisting other people with their needs, therefore this position is very rewarding in many ways :D

I'd love to hear other people's responses on this!

- ashley<3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I would say yes! I would love to help out!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I would say no.
I prefer to be a player. As a player, I should have all the same abilities except for the punish commands. I should still be able to report player and issues, I should be able to suggest new additions and suggest repairs for things that need fixing, I should be able to know what's upcoming for the server, and much more.
As staff, the duties and requirements would limit me in how much I can play the game itself.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
100 percent. That’s why I applied lol. But SSM brings up a lot of valid points. The experience of a staff member appears to be pretty different than that of a player. It’s definitely not for everyone. But I would love to take on the role.

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
If been thinking of becoming a staff member but I cba to make a staff app (yet). So if I get asked on the spot and no staff app, e z 100%

Marine

ELITE
littlesussyking
littlesussyking
ELITE
Ratings
Well, I absolutely would! It would be nice to help the server with things like hacking, spamming etc. I would love helping out the newer players on ManaCube as well!

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I have been preparing to apply for a while now, waiting for the perfect moment, but if such a thing occurred, I would definitely say yes, as my goal is to help out and if I were given the direct opportunity to do so, I would grab it.

Kuduva

Ratings
65 7
SSM I think you have a great point, especially when (and if) you became a higher rank,, such as SrMod or Admin, oftenly they are afk and are working on other important things. However, if your apply, you should know what to expect, so I think that you have a valid point, and I can see how a lot of others could also feel the same.