If you were to create an entirely new type of course for parkour, what would it be?

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hi all! Today I'm going to talk about an idea I've been keeping for a while now. It's an entirely new type of course for parkour, where there is one main build but there are different courses on it, instead of being one whole map, it's two or three little ones.

To fit this idea, I've been working on a skiing mountain, which will have many different courses on it, all leading down the mountain: The parkour is on/above the snow, but if you land on the snow you die.
I also had a little idea of a lodge that players can chill at and watch people ski!
So yeah, a completely new type of parkour course.

Do you have any ideas like this? Groundbreaking unique courses that might get accepted once understood? If so, I'd love to hear them!

The only reason I did this thread was because I don't expect anyone to steal these types of ideas, they would be extremely hard to do if the person who came up with it first has a headstart lol.

Acid

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Maps from the Skate games, but you'd have to stay on a trickable part of the park for the entire time. Rails would have actual rails/minecarts on top to simulate a grind, you could ramp jump by grabbing a flying mob midair to fly you across the gap, and flips/grabs could be simulated (in newer versions of the game at least)

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Thank you for reactivating my creativity! :D
I know this isn't really what you meant, but from more of an evolution of Manacube Parkour point of view for an entirely new type of course, I think they should add new types of parkour courses like when I had suggested Horse Parkour as a new Donator only perk.
I think that active maps such as horse parkour, or like a skiing thing where you're running in front of an avalanche, or like a minecart vehicle parkour, where there is more mechanics to the game than just default Minecraft jumping, would be an insanely cool addition to the server. And if Dacon is still looking for Donator perks for parkour, I think this would be perfect.

But I think some warehouse maps would be neat. Like an IKEA, or Lowe's, or Home Depot, where you gotta jump from shelf to shelf or something lol.

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
So kinda like landmines but not?

xcy

Dedicated Member
Ratings
123 5
Maps from the Skate games, but you'd have to stay on a trickable part of the park for the entire time. Rails would have actual rails/minecarts on top to simulate a grind, you could ramp jump by grabbing a flying mob midair to fly you across the gap, and flips/grabs could be simulated (in newer versions of the game at least)
+1 I actually love this. I don't really play parkour at all, but if this was a map, you best believe im grinding world record

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Marathon. A series of 3-5 maps ranging from easy (simple mediums and average easys) to hard as hell (think of the hardest map you can, then imagine doing 4 of the other hardest ones you know, all in a row). When completed, you earn 2-3x the mana you would from just doing them normally, depending on the difficulty. You have a set amount of deaths for each map. If you go over that limit, you have to restart the whole marathon.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
I wana see what plot number?

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
It is his 13th map

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Thx!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Who mine?

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Speedrunning pk, mana reward depends on time slot. For example an easy map -1:00 =30 mana +1:00 equals 15 mana but with more close time frames than that example

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
A difficulty below Easy challenge-wise designed to teach the jumps that one would see on an Easy/ Medium course rather than throwing 700 maps in a brand-new player's face.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
A difficulty below Easy challenge-wise designed to teach the jumps that one would see on an Easy/ Medium course rather than throwing 700 maps in a brand-new player's face.
Yeah that would be nice. I remembered when I first joined I had no idea how things worked, and I think I thought each rank was a title or something

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
There could be a bunny hill. Also don't froget about snowboarding. There could be like 10 different paths. ranging from really easy to raging hard.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
There could be a bunny hill. Also don't froget about snowboarding. There could be like 10 different paths. ranging from really easy to raging hard.
I'm sorry my map already took the name Bunny Hill as one of the runs : (

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10