ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Hello lovely humans! Its ya girl ashley. I wanted to make a thread about something I've become curious about:

What is one thing in which you wish ManaCube could improve?

Whether it is related to the player base, the staff team, the game modes we have, etc, I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts! As a staff member, I want what is best for the server and our community, therefore if there are any wishes of improvement that I could ever help out with I definitely want to hear about them! Even if it is out of my hands, I love hearing community feedback in general

Please note that this is not a thread that is meant to start arguments or disrespect others. Everyone is free to give and respect their own and other people's opinions!

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Evening,

One thing I wish Manacube could improve is just Creative. Poor Creative has bugs that have been reported, but nothing has been done to fix them for over a year. After the resets of the other Manacube servers, it would be my wish for Creative to get quality of life improvements as well as bug fixes. The OG grade examples are still not fixed or in their own plots (I recall one jutting in the road, may be wrong).

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Personally speaking,

I think some connections between players and staff need to looked at. There are issues on both sides but, it really makes me concerned when I see there being issues between good people simply due to misunderstands and someone not willing to be considerate of others. This goes for everyone and both sides.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I think hugs should have no restriction anywhere on Manacube. On champ maps, in trials, and while in combat you are not able to hug someone. I do not like this!!!
I think hugs should have a ton more statistics available. I love numbers, so I would love it.
It'd be cool if you could like, go to the stats page, https://manacube.com/stats/ and see a bunch of cool hug statistics. Things like an accurate count, hugs given, hugs received daily, hugs given daily, hugs and their correlation to specific game modes, etc.
An old player used to keep a spreadsheet document of hugs top. I found it so interesting to see what days players had increases and decreases in hugs.
Most of these shouldn't be too hard. They're mostly simple spreadsheet algorithms.
I'd even be willing to create these things myself if I had access to the statistics.

But other than hugs, I think the promises that are made for updates, bug fixes, resets, goodies, and community guidance should be fixed. Just to mention a couple to explain the point, skyblock world edit, slayer 4, the key all that was promised in March.. you get it. But I've literally made a list of 60+ things that are broken on Olympus itself that have been outstanding for at least all of season 3. I think it's pretty ridiculous to just keep saying "it's being worked on".

I'm also not to happy that player suggestions are mostly irrelevant. There is a suggestions website, and ides and feedback place on forums, and used to be a suggestions channel on discord, so clearly there is a want for the suggestions. But if nothing is ever going to be done about them, its kind of like saying "shut up, we don't want to hear it".

Sorry, I let my frustration out a bit.

Last edited:

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
I think hugs should have no restriction anywhere on Manacube. On champ maps, in trials, and while in combat you are not able to hug someone. I do not like this!!!
I think hugs should have a ton more statistics available. I love numbers, so I would love it.
It'd be cool if you could like, go to the stats page, https://manacube.com/stats/ and see a bunch of cool hug statistics. Things like an accurate count, hugs given, hugs received daily, hugs given daily, hugs and their correlation to specific game modes, etc.
An old player used to keep a spreadsheet document of hugs top. I found it so interesting to see what days players had increases and decreases in hugs.
Most of these shouldn't be too hard. They're mostly simple spreadsheet algorithms.
I'd even be willing to create these things myself if I had access to the statistics.

But other than hugs, I think the promises that are made for updates, bug fixes, resets, goodies, and community guidance should be fixed. Just to mention a couple to explain the point, skyblock world edit, slayer 4, the key all that was promised in March.. you get it. But I've literally made a list of 60+ things that are broken on Olympus itself that have been outstanding for at least all of season 3. I think it's pretty ridiculous to just keep saying "it's being worked on".

I'm also not to happy that player suggestions are mostly irrelevant. There is a suggestions website, and ides and feedback place on forums, and used to be a suggestions channel on discord, so clearly there is a want for the suggestions. But if nothing is ever going to be done about them, its kind of like saying "shut up, we don't want to hear it".

Sorry, I let my frustration out a bit.
Hey Homie,

I think the bigger issue you are talking about is simply communication. I know that I take the suggestions told to me seriously and I try to evaluate them and put them in the correct places. You are always welcome to send me suggestions <3

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Hey Homie,

I think the bigger issue you are talking about is simply communication. I know that I take the suggestions told to me seriously and I try to evaluate them and put them in the correct places. You are always welcome to send me suggestions <3
I agree communication would help a lot, but here I was talking more about the interactions from leadership (admins, devs, owner). It seems like regular staff (sr. Mod, mod+, mod, helper) love the suggestions.
But no matter how good they are, how simple, how much support, I have not seen a single one added during my time on manacube.
All that really ever happens are edits.
'How much a spawner should cost'
'How many claims you can have'
But thing as simple as this, https://manacube.com/threads/expanding-on-afk.55445/ that have no negative consequences, very simple, great support, no opposition. They don't get added or interacted with by leadership people.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
I agree communication would help a lot, but here I was talking more about the interactions from leadership (admins, devs, owner). It seems like regular staff (sr. Mod, mod+, mod, helper) love the suggestions.
But no matter how good they are, how simple, how much support, I have not seen a single one added during my time on manacube.
All that really ever happens are edits.
'How much a spawner should cost'
'How many claims you can have'
But thing as simple as this, https://manacube.com/threads/expanding-on-afk.55445/ that have no negative consequences, very simple, great support, no opposition. They don't get added or interacted with by leadership people.

The best way I can respond to this reply is to break it down a little bit...

When we think about how many admins/devs/owners there are in comparison to the player base it would make sense to have more engagement and time with ranks like helper, mod, mod+, and srmod. With all of this being said please note that all ranks (except for maybe helper) have a sense of leadership in them. Even though our ranks clearly have a system to them it is not like- oh you have srmod? You're in charge of everyone, etc... etc... With this being said I know this is not what you are getting at, just though I'd add some clarification.

I find that the reason why server specific staff are more likely to take suggestions directly from players is that they are normally then ones who present these suggestions to higher ups or their server team. I feel as if I can safety assume that if ALL players who wanted to make a suggestion, made them DIRECTLY to the admin team... they would be forgotten or simply lost in the craziness. Also, when server specific staff can do on their own depends on the gamemode and their staffing commands. An example of this can be creative vs. Olympus.

EX: Since creative is well... creative mode staff can edit things more freely without running the risk of having possibly harmful commands. If a player suggests... "we should have team build contests" (in this scene just imagine Olympus with build contests). On Creative I could simply just build a little area, set up the plots, and run a build contests on a schedule to meet this request (with team approval of course). However on Olympus, since plots are limited and I could not give everyone access to the same materials/commands the suggestion would not be possible at the server staff level.

EX: Creative player points out that the staff wall has not been update and is incorrect. On creative, I can fix this on my own without any higher staff assistance. If this same report was made to me on Olympus or Factions I would have to report it to higher staff who have more appropriate permissions.

So, even though I do agree with the meaning of your post I think it is important to know that we all work within a team and our team has restrictions on what is possible. Plus, in my personally opinion would it not be better to make suggestions directly to the server staff who would have the most recent interaction with the gameplay? I hope as time goes on our communication can get better, When we added and started using the updates channel in discord that was a big step, I hope we make even more steps.

once again, I hope this did not come off as me being overly defensive of the staff team/system... I just wanted to ensure that yall don't think we ignore you and do not value you or your thoughts.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Parkour stuff: add challenge mode incentives/fix it in general, create a more robust mapmaker system, fix adv map leaderboards, add practice mode for adv maps, add an unofficial map system where maps just have to be verified to be added. Make 2 servers. I should really keep this copy and pasted somewhere lol. I have so many more but I just keep these things to myself cause no one really cares lol

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I agree with Samara, Creative needs to be fixed. It needs to be.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
If I was all mighty and could change something in a heartbeat I'd change a part of the community. I know there will always be toxic people, but it literally pains me to hear about some reports. People getting bullied until they literally cry for no reason at all. I remember people reporting specific things to me that shocked me as a person. But as a staff member, I can do my best to improve that :)

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I hope to see worldedit make a return on skyblock, it’s been disabled for nearly a year now. I would also love some more communication between higher ups and players. We never really got updated on worldedit even tho me and a few others did spend 35 bucks on it. I would also love to see more communication about Olympus reset. It was stated that payouts would be frozen in December to make space for the new season, currently we are half a week past December and we still haven’t heard back.

Olympus reset hype! :D

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Parkour stuff: add challenge mode incentives/fix it in general, create a more robust mapmaker system, fix adv map leaderboards, add practice mode for adv maps, add an unofficial map system where maps just have to be verified to be added. Make 2 servers. I should really keep this copy and pasted somewhere lol. I have so many more but I just keep these things to myself cause no one really cares lol
I agree with a lot of what Jacob said here, even though parkour did get a really big update recently there's still a lot that could be fixed. Allowing certain commands in adventure maps, honestly an update for adv maps in general, adding a /hidechat feature but being able to see checkpoints being set and being able to use other commands. Adding on to what Jacob said with the making a map system too, I think it would be really cool to have a system where if a map gets past a certain stage, it could be put into a reviewing stage like now but players would be able to test the map and vote to see if it was added or not, this could possibly be a donator feature.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Definitely having a way to hide shouts, and having better communication between the staff and players on both sides. I also agree with War- seeing how many of my friends have left due to the toxicity on the server. Not everyone is able to "grow a thicker skin" just like that. It can take time, and some people take longer to grow a thicker skin than others.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Definitely having a way to hide shouts, and having better communication between the staff and players on both sides. I also agree with War- seeing how many of my friends have left due to the toxicity on the server. Not everyone is able to "grow a thicker skin" just like that. It can take time, and some people take longer to grow a thicker skin than others.
HIDE SHOUTS? i-

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
What would be the point in Shouts if everyone can just hide them? It would ruin the point of shouts. I do think shouts could be moderated more tho :D
When you /ignore someone. I think you should NEVER see their name in chat. For some reason, ignore isn't global, but that should be changed. It should also block shouts from specific players.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
When you /ignore someone. I think you should NEVER see their name in chat. For some reason, ignore isn't global, but that should be changed. It should also block shouts from specific players.
Hey SSM, I agree. I think there should be some sort of command that will hide someone’s shouts for you. I think they should add something so we can hide SOME people’s shouts. To prevend /shout becoming useless it might be like a staff-only command that you can apply for? Like if I would have a good reasoning they might make it so the shouts from that specific person will be hidden from me. I do totally agree /ignore should be global tho!