Is it currently possible to /rename with bold?

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
One of survivals greatest mysteries!
I have recently got bold! Shout out to Charthegreat77!
I was wondering whether in its state right now if its possible to rename in bold because I know it was possible to do with the armour frame editing leak. I have tested in game and have been unable to replicate renaming with bold or using an anvil! its one of the best cosmetics and also one of the few things I don't know how to do in survival so let me know!

- Raptor

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hey Sonic, unfortunately renaming with bold & the scrambling letters (like from the Herobrine title) is disabled. I'm not entirely sure why but it has been passed on to Admins.

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
My personal assumption is that it was intentionally disabled to prevent players renaming items in an attempt to scam others out of crate/holiday/ store items.

While it does still unfortunately happen, and players can still be scammed in different ways, it helps eliminate the possibility in a small capacity. It may very well be an error, but considering it was also removed on Olympus, I believe it was intentionally disabled.

There also was issues with players renaming items and flooding chat through , whether or not that contributed to it, I have no idea - simply just a theory.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hey Sonic, unfortunately renaming with bold & the scrambling letters (like from the Herobrine title) is disabled. I'm not entirely sure why but it has been passed on to Admins.
Thanks Anxii!!!!!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
My personal assumption is that it was intentionally disabled to prevent players renaming items in an attempt to scam others out of crate/holiday/ store items.

While it does still unfortunately happen, and players can still be scammed in different ways, it helps eliminate the possibility in a small capacity. It may very well be an error, but considering it was also removed on Olympus, I believe it was intentionally disabled.

There also was issues with players renaming items and flooding chat through , whether or not that contributed to it, I have no idea - simply just a theory.
That makes a lot of sense in that case I see the basis for it being removed was just curious as it’s really cool to see the handful of items floating around that still have bold! Thanks for the theory hallow