KitPvP ideas

xDirtyDoug

MVP
xDougx
xDougx
MVP
Ratings
7 1
These are a few things I will be trying to get implemented if I am accepted to a Mod position.

1. Weekly Tournaments with specific prizes such as a title that says [PotPvP Champ] or Crate keys

2. More game modes for more rewards like knockbackffa, uhc, and a 1v1 mode where your personal inventory drops.

3. Add an item flip to bet items

4. Add locations around the map that you have to capture as a squad and the longer you hold it the more rewards you get

5. Add random chests around the map that give you prizes for clicking on them

6. Drop down pool areas as a giant koth

7. Daily, Weekly, Monthly rewards for leaderboards to make them grind worthy

8. Add a reward for being in pvp arena to get more people in the arena

9. Add a weekly custom kit that needs to be voted on that everyone can use in the pvp arena

10. Add weapon skins

11. Update Manaray to specifically target reach because it’s an issue. Add a check if someone hits more than 3.0 blocks of reach they will get flagged and make it highly sensitive

12. Make /shop prices cheaper

13. Make an entirely new arena including the spawn area, it desperately needs to be updated

These are just a few things I really want to be seen updated. I have a bunch more :)

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
104 6
Hey Doug, nice suggestions! I like a lot of these and will add some comments for each.

1. A weekly tournament is a great idea. It would give players a reason to log on each week at a specific time to win something. Boosting both activity and competition on kitpvp.

2. For new gamemodes, I like your first two ideas. Whether its knockback ffa or a sumo event (1v1s, 2v2s, whatever) could be a fun addition. A UHC event I think could be a big success but maybe that would be better fit for the weekly tournament idea.

3. Item Flips were already introduced not too long ago, you can check it out with /itemflip. Right now the itemflip plugin is only for SVA items which I know some people complained about but personally I think it makes sense. My only suggestion would be to allow people to bet different sva items as long as the players agree to it instead of having to match the same item as it is now.

4. What you're referring to are typically called "Outposts" which are similar to Koth's but I like this idea because capturing an Outpost for your squad could give boosts like: extra money/exp for kills, which could be a fun addition.

5. This idea of lootdrops is interesting and could work almost like one of the hourly events where at a certain time these lootdrops would appear around the map for a few minutes until they despawn. These lootdrops could give good rewards like money, mana, diamond pieces, xp, pearls, etc. As long as the rewards are not insane, if they're more like Event crate prizes it would work.

6. I'm not sure what you mean by drop down pool areas as a giant koth, however I think this could also tie back into your first suggestion in weekly tournaments. Perhaps a Mega Koth that is harder to cap and has better rewards than the normal koth, only once a day or once a week could fun and increase koth competition.

7. Most gamemodes on manacube have cubit payouts for leaderboards and KitPvP is not one of those gamemodes and I have suggested this myself countless times, I'd love to see them add monthly leaderboard payouts because it would undoubtedly help make the server more active at all hours of the day.

8. I'm not sure what you mean by a reward for being in the pvp arena. Are you referring to the regular map's warzone or player's custom arenas?

9. The daily kit that we have right now used to be a weekly kit, so maybe adding a new weekly kit on top of this daily kit could be a good addition but I doubt it would be a player-voted kit.

10. Weapon skins would be hard to do because kitpvp is a 1.8 gamemode and players are not using the server's custom texture pack. If this was 1.20 that would be entirely possible but I wouldn't reccomend this for 1.8 where some players want to use low resolution packs to help with frames.

11. Manaray's reach detection is not an issue currently. Believe me because 2-3 years ago it was a big issue but this is not the case anymore and reach is detected very well. If you feel like player's are "outreaching" you a lot there are a few explanations for this such as ping and higher cps.

12. I agree with making shop prices cheaper. Specifically potions like fire resistance and speed 2 I find to be far too expensive for no reason.

13. Yes. This map has been here since February of 2020 when Season 10 was released. We are now in Season 12 with the same map and this has been a big complaint for years. The map is great in my opinion, but a fresh map is long overdue.

xDirtyDoug

MVP
xDougx
xDougx
MVP
Ratings
7 1
Hey Doug, nice suggestions! I like a lot of these and will add some comments for each.

1. A weekly tournament is a great idea. It would give players a reason to log on each week at a specific time to win something. Boosting both activity and competition on kitpvp.

2. For new gamemodes, I like your first two ideas. Whether its knockback ffa or a sumo event (1v1s, 2v2s, whatever) could be a fun addition. A UHC event I think could be a big success but maybe that would be better fit for the weekly tournament idea.

3. Item Flips were already introduced not too long ago, you can check it out with /itemflip. Right now the itemflip plugin is only for SVA items which I know some people complained about but personally I think it makes sense. My only suggestion would be to allow people to bet different sva items as long as the players agree to it instead of having to match the same item as it is now.

4. What you're referring to are typically called "Outposts" which are similar to Koth's but I like this idea because capturing an Outpost for your squad could give boosts like: extra money/exp for kills, which could be a fun addition.

5. This idea of lootdrops is interesting and could work almost like one of the hourly events where at a certain time these lootdrops would appear around the map for a few minutes until they despawn. These lootdrops could give good rewards like money, mana, diamond pieces, xp, pearls, etc. As long as the rewards are not insane, if they're more like Event crate prizes it would work.

6. I'm not sure what you mean by drop down pool areas as a giant koth, however I think this could also tie back into your first suggestion in weekly tournaments. Perhaps a Mega Koth that is harder to cap and has better rewards than the normal koth, only once a day or once a week could fun and increase koth competition.

7. Most gamemodes on manacube have cubit payouts for leaderboards and KitPvP is not one of those gamemodes and I have suggested this myself countless times, I'd love to see them add monthly leaderboard payouts because it would undoubtedly help make the server more active at all hours of the day.

8. I'm not sure what you mean by a reward for being in the pvp arena. Are you referring to the regular map's warzone or player's custom arenas?

9. The daily kit that we have right now used to be a weekly kit, so maybe adding a new weekly kit on top of this daily kit could be a good addition but I doubt it would be a player-voted kit.

10. Weapon skins would be hard to do because kitpvp is a 1.8 gamemode and players are not using the server's custom texture pack. If this was 1.20 that would be entirely possible but I wouldn't reccomend this for 1.8 where some players want to use low resolution packs to help with frames.

11. Manaray's reach detection is not an issue currently. Believe me because 2-3 years ago it was a big issue but this is not the case anymore and reach is detected very well. If you feel like player's are "outreaching" you a lot there are a few explanations for this such as ping and higher cps.

12. I agree with making shop prices cheaper. Specifically potions like fire resistance and speed 2 I find to be far too expensive for no reason.

13. Yes. This map has been here since February of 2020 when Season 10 was released. We are now in Season 12 with the same map and this has been a big complaint for years. The map is great in my opinion, but a fresh map is long overdue.
Everything you have said I really like, and would love to see implemented. We need to keep bugging the staff to give KitPvP the attention it deserves and so desperately needs.

AmFloofPanda

VIP
AmFloofPanda
AmFloofPanda
VIP
Ratings
Hey all,

As a player on KitPvP, I also agree that some work needs to be done on this gamemode, as it has potential to reach a large player base, in my opinion.

I agree with most of the things @xDirtyDoug has said. Work needs to be done, especially for these points:

1. Weekly Tournaments with specific prizes such as a title that says [PotPvP Champ] or Crate keys
I fully agree with you and @Triece on that one. Weekly tournaments would be really engaging, keeping the players hyped and the player count consistent. It would also be cool if we could win more /titles with these tournaments.

4. Add locations around the map that you have to capture as a squad and the longer you hold it the more rewards you get
I really like this idea of adding incentives and giving more meaning to squads. Currently, you can only create a squad and recruit people, share kill and death counts, and use a shared vault, but nothing too special.

5. Add random chests around the map that give you prizes for clicking on them
I'm not sure if this is fully required as we already have the Mana Fairy. However, we could perhaps agree on receiving other items from the Fairy, not just mana?

12. Make /shop prices cheaper
I second this. Some items are really expensive to obtain, especially for new players that join and usually don't have that much money to start with.

13. Make an entirely new arena including the spawn area, it desperately needs to be updated
Yes! What do you think about a map rotation system? It would be great to have multiple maps that rotate daily. In this way, players won't get bored easily, as the map and the environment change dynamically.

From my side, I would suggest adding new events. I believe we should get an improved version of /infected, as well as new events like Boss Battles or Capture the Flag, "Duel Squads," where two teams are formed and two random players from each team are chosen to fight, etc.

Ratings
1 1
Add the void back, please. I was top 3 void pvper. And add when the armor spawns on the edge of the map please and thanks. I also agree with all these additions to the game as they would make Manacube kitpvp a thing again. This addition of the void again would help players getting ganked immensely as it would give them an easier time escaping from large groups.

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
104 6
Add the void back, please. I was top 3 void pvper. And add when the armor spawns on the edge of the map please and thanks. I also agree with all these additions to the game as they would make Manacube kitpvp a thing again. This addition of the void again would help players getting ganked immensely as it would give them an easier time escaping from large groups.
I could name the real top 3 void pvpers and you are not one of them Snow

iTiger

PATRON
iTiger
iTiger
Patron
Ratings
16 2
honestly It would be kind of nice if they brought void back with the items. the void earlier this map didn't have the items on the edge and I think that sort of ruined it a bit. if they reopened the tunnels with the void and items it wouldn't be that bad imo.