caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey EwoutV, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

This map is great! To no ones surprise, the build is very well-detailed and the theme is kind of original as we have an Octopus map, but they are very different. Again to no ones surprise, the parkour is great! It fits the difficulty and is well-varied.

Great job and good luck!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

In my opinion, this map is pretty good, the build has great detail and it seems you put plenty of work and dedication into making it look amazing, it's unfortunate that there already is an octopus map as Casey mentioned above so your theme is semi-original, nonetheless, your build is pretty darn good.

Parkour variety ~ The parkour variety looks great, good choice of blocks and unique jumps, the parkour jumps, and length also match the difficulty which is great to see, good luck! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Ewout and Tas,

I'm happy to be able to tell you that your map has been ACCEPTED. Although, as they said above, there is already an "Octopus" map on the server, there are several differences in that theme and the theme "Kraken". One's an animal and another is a mythological creature, so, in my book, this is an original theme. The build is absolutely splendid. It's attractive, detailed, and looks like what you guys were going for. I really love the build, good job! After testing it out a couple of times and determining if the checkpoints were spaced out properly, I can definitely say this is an expert map in length and difficulty. I found the combination of the difficulty of the jumps and the checkpoint placements to not be too forgiving or too overly difficult for the expert difficulty. Furthermore, the variation of the blocks and jumps used in the PK was very good. It was an enjoyable experience and didn't feel like a drag to play. The only issues I encountered, which are minor, were a couple of skips (which I will elaborate on below, they've already been patched) and a checkpoint issue that I talked over with Tas. Excellent job, I hope to see more map submissions from both of you in the future!

Skips:
Checkpoint 2:
1. Barriers put in place to prevent possible jump-pot skips: Checkpoint 3:
1. Barrier put in place to prevent skipping the entirety of checkpoint 4 through the use of speed and boots: Checkpoint 5:
1. Barriers put in place to prevent possible jump-pot skips: 2. By jumping on the slime and landing on the chest you could walk around it and jump to the final area where you climb the head: 3. By jumping on the slime and landing on the chest you could walk in it and skip most of the jumps: 4. Barriers to prevent being able to skip the beginning neo: 5. Barriers to block out anyone trying to jump to the final portion of the map: Checkpoint 6:
1. Barriers to prevent people from going through the back and then to the final portion of the map:
2. Multiple barriers had to be added to prevent people from skipping the entirety of the checkpoint:

Status
Not open for further replies.