Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello frsz and XpEmerald!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or rejected. If the Map Judges disagree with what I say, they will go by their own thoughts!

Firstly the THEME of your map. I would sadly consider the theme to be a little unoriginal, since there are multiple lab related maps already (examples ManaLabs, HawkinsLab, TestFacility, Lab) but I'm not sure if a lab desk has been done before! If it is, then I believe the theme is fine!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I think it's pretty good! It looks like a desk and has some usual lab tools on it. I also love the detail with the open shelf, well done!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. It was okay, I thought it was alright, not too special but it wasn't bad either. The checkpoint placement is good, the parkour block choices were great and the parkour was great length wise! The main problem is how difficult it is. It is WAY TOO HARD for a Hard map. I would recommend you to go through the parkour all over again, and nerfing every single part because right now it is way too difficult and more fitting for a Medium Expert map.

Again remember that my opinion is not always correct! If the Map Judges disagree with me, they will go by what they think!

Right now, it's a -0.5 from me :) Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Frsz and XpEmerald,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we have our fair share of maps themed after desks, there are none made after a laboratory desk. Hence why I believe this theme to be original. Good job on picking out something new!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build could do a lot better. It definitely looks like a lab desk but the overall execution was rather subpar. Let's talk about the exterior first. The desk itself looks very bland and the instruments on top are just really simplistic. You could definitely elevate them all with better details, block choices, and shaping. The interior is pretty good, if anything the parkour integration/barriers could be dealt with in a better fashoin.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the hard difficulty in length, but it was pretty hard. Some jumps just weren't fitting for the difficulty and the checkpoint placement was pretty unforgiving. Take the first checkpoint, for example, it's an incredibly long segment, and then at the end of it, all the jump right before it is a very difficult neo. This occurs throughout the map, so please give it a reinspection and deal with any incredibly difficult jumps/unforgiving cps. Furthermore, personally, I found the parkour to just be very unenjoyable to do. It just felt like more blocks were used than necessary, omitting the importance of technical variation. And some segments were repetitive, such as the end segment.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.