Lagback Issues

Ratings
The parkour server has a major problem that can be seen as an advantage in some situations and a nuisance in others: lagback.

This does not happen in other servers like creative. See, every once in a while, more often than it should be, you jump or fall off of a block and it just teleports you back. Sometimes, you make it onto the next block and you're teleported back a few. Other times, you fall off of the block and you're teleported back up for another chance.

I recommend somebody tries to locate the mismatch between the server and the client. What I think the problem is is the server and client arguing where the player is at the moment, similar to the ghost blocks issue on some servers. The player jumps, and either the server or the client thinks that the player did not jump because it is lagging behind what is happening at the moment, causing the player to be teleported back to the last point in which the server and the client were aligned.

TheMLGMushroom

Donator
Ratings
You would have to specify how long the lag is, if its you parkouring 10 blocks, then it lagging you back, or if everything's normal and then all of a sudden when your parkouring normally, it lags you back 1 block. If its the second reason, I'm not completely sure, but I think that's the anti-cheat plugin, not actual server lag. If its lag after you jump more than 1 block, its lag.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
This has been an issue on Parkour for a while.

The reasoning behind all of this is the connection; you get lagged back by the anticheat whenever you get flagged for possibly flying, which 9 times out of 10 is caused by lag. I personally don't have this issue too often on Parkour, but it's different for everyone because everyone has a different connection to the network. Yes, sometimes it is server lag, but that is eventually fixed when the server is restarted.

You seem to be one of the few players that has an issue with this, so I recommend doing what you need to do to improve your connection to the network.

TheMLGMushroom

Donator
Ratings
You seem to be one of the few players that has an issue with this, so I recommend doing what you need to do to improve your connection to the network.
A good amount of players have experienced this at least once, but I think some players experience it more than others, depending on their internet connection as you said,

This has been an issue on Parkour for a while.

The reasoning behind all of this is the connection; you get lagged back by the anticheat whenever you get flagged for possibly flying, which 9 times out of 10 is caused by lag. I personally don't have this issue too often on Parkour, but it's different for everyone because everyone has a different connection to the network. Yes, sometimes it is server lag, but that is eventually fixed when the server is restarted.

Nearly every time I and most of my friends speedrun a course, we lag back at some point. Especially with headhitter courses and doing them nonstop. It's becoming almost unbearable, especially if you are a speedrunner like us. It feels like it is more common when you have alot of momentum speed. Is it possible to fix this over time? It is not all connection-based.

TheMLGMushroom

Donator
Ratings
Nearly every time I and most of my friends speedrun a course, we lag back at some point. Especially with headhitter courses and doing them nonstop. It's becoming almost unbearable, especially if you are a speedrunner like us. It feels like it is more common when you have alot of momentum speed. Is it possible to fix this over time? It is not all connection-based.
In my experience, you're more likely to lag back if you have a lot of momentum. On the maps where you have to stop every few jumps to turn, you're less likely to lag back.

ronanashmancer

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
102 2
It is extremely funny you say this. Because, I get lag back frequently. However, I get lag back during the parkour server on Minevast and no other server. It most likely is the anicheat but it for sure is a weird anticheat then! <3

It is extremely funny you say this. Because, I get lag back frequently. However, I get lag back during the parkour server on Minevast and no other server. It most likely is the anicheat but it for sure is a weird anticheat then! <3
Same thing here. It is to prevent fly hacking and other hacks but it affects legit players since it is highly sensitive.