Leaving ManaCube

SonicBliss

PATRON
SonicBliss
SonicBliss
ELITE
Ratings
If you don't know me already, I'm a player on manacube that loves competition. I feed on it. So before you read the rest of this post which is mostly just me giving feedback, the main reason I'm leaving manacube(survival anyways) is lack of competition. Currently our party(known as PayPal) sits at the top with literally no one to battle with in terms of value. No one has stepped up to compete with us and those that have tried will never come close to us causing them to either give up, or resort to autoclickers and get banned. I'm not being pompous this is just a fact. ManaCube survival is now devoid of competition and thus I've lost my motivation to play.

Now on to some other reasons I'm leaving. And again, not the main reasons.

1. Things aren't fixed.
Well, that isn't true. They are and Dacon and the devs have done a great job doing so.....sometimes. Just a few examples....MVP+ infinite bucket thing took about 5 months to fix. Quests, need i say more about quests? How about something a little more important, the end goal for some players like myself...block value? I can't begin to understand why these things haven't been fixed. Lots of you will defend dacon and/or the devs and quite frankly you don't know either. Fact of the matter is, still broken, and will continue to be broken.

2. Community.
Sensitive topic I know. Bottom line, sucks. Since klown left, zogg got banned(yay he's back!), and well, most veteran players if I'm being honest left for various reasons I feel the community as a whole has just gotten really dry. This is purely my opinion.

3. Staff.
Don't worry I'm not bashing on any staff. You guys do an amazing job and quite frankly as of late I've been more and more content with the survival staff. Here's my problem with staff though. They are scarce. Survival helpers and mods that are being promoted recently just aren't on enough for the amount of players in survival. It can probably attribute to the community sucking. You guys have this weird system that relies on players to report instead of mods or helpers being there to alleviate a problem instantly or regulate chat to make it all ages friendly. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not but when staff isn't on, chat is in a free fall, players are being griefed, and cheaters take an awful long time to be caught. A good example of when staff was active and made things awesome was around the time I started playing. I can't even count how many times staff tp'd me while I was killing mobs. Sure it was frustrating for me to be suspected all the time but at least I knew they were watching the players. Recruit more staff that are more embedded with the community and will be active. Maybe even recruit foreign staff as well because once midnight falls your best bet for a staff member is sunset and I don't see her online until 5:26am here in the states so it's like anarchy for 5 hours because every staff is asleep.

As for some closing statements before I go, I've had a blast and I'm not gone for good. It's just that I can't stand how boring it is without anyone to compete with. I'm a minecrafter that enjoys the tycoon aspects more than the building aspects. I love to apply my knowledge to giant farms in order to get an edge on others. My god is it satisfying to discover a new method of gathering money more efficiently than everyone else! When jobs came out I was so excited because it unlocked more opportunities to gain an advantage on others and challenged me intellectually to figure out how to use the advantages. But, jobs got nerfed into oblivion. Now players that enjoy the tycoon don't have many reasons to play the game other than sell chests. It blows.

Love Yah <3

Last edited:

Napkinz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Napkinz
Napkinz
ELITE
Ratings
114 1
Ayo SonicBliss. I would like to make some comments if you don't mind. ^_^ Hopefully if there are disagreements you won't take offense to them.

Lack of competition - I do see that there is a lack of competition. However, I have never been a fan of Survival being a money / economic competition. I see no point in coming on just to AFK with little to no goals other than to make the most money. I feel that over the years of Minecraft, Survival has just become a different type of Factions. Looking at /legends, I personally would be prouder of "Nicest looking party" or "Most creative party" than "Wealthiest party". To me, it is much harder to aim for the first two than the latter.

1. As you called it, I am going to defend the higher ups here a bit, haha. While you make valid points, there are two sides to a story. Let me put this into perspective. While Dacon takes care of the server, he does not just have Survival to focus on. So not only does he have to prioritize his "to-do list" by Survival issues but also Prison, Creative, Parkour, Skyblock, Islands, and Kitpvp. In that, some of these issues take longer than 1 day to figure out. Next, it may take a while to take the time to fix it / find an alternative. There is a lot of problem solving put into these issues. Yes, us players find the issues by playing. But the hard part is figuring out how to fix it. Now, you may be thinking that "the survival issues aren't even that big though. They shouldn't be hard to fix or take this long to fix". This is where I go back to the point that issues are not Survival specific. There are other issues with the other servers that may be prioritized a bit over the issues on Survival. Unfortunate, but true. How much can we as players directly help in this situation? Not much other than reporting them and later reminding higher ups if it is pushed back. Because of this, I choose to focus on the things that do work flawlessly and enjoy the server that way while being patient / looking forward to the fixes on the rest. I do understand that you may be feeling as if they will never get fixed - and some may not. If you feel that's one of the reasons you should quit, then I hope to see you next season if we are both still on MC to give it a go again. c:

2. Fair enough on that opinion. However, can you possibly think of some things that could make the community a bit more enjoyable? I understand competition is most likely your go to solution for this. But what specifically? Can you think of any events? What if there were various types of party events where two parties go against each other. In this "battle of the parties", other players can bet on which party is going to win. The winning party would gain the main bet against the other party as well as the money from the players who chose to throw in money as well. This is a fun way of making money on Survival without AFKing and bringing in competition. (I understand this is a very vague idea. I would expect others to take this idea and give it more thought. Was a simple example. ;p)

3. Since I have an application in reviewing, I do not feel it is appropriate to comment on this point - sorry.

Closing statement:
I respect your opinions and I totally think in a different way. I prefer gaining money in the harder and less OP way. (However, players tend to throw their money at me on Survival when I help them with various things, lmao. Even if I tell them they don't have to pay). There is most likely a way to equal out both sides of the spectrum so that the community is thoroughly pleased. My suggestion is to make a document planning on the next reset with ideas that you feel would be the best for the community. (That includes players with thoughts like myself). I know it is early for a reset, but resets take a lot of time and effort so starting now would be good.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing! :)

PancakezRule5

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ClickFilA
ClickFilA
MVP+
Ratings
164 25
I may have not talked to you so much, but I will miss you. I remember your awesome base last season and your personality. It's sad to see people that mad a difference leave, well, good bye, and have a great adventure!

Dave

MVP
Ratings
63 4
This has to be one of the best posts on the forums. People have ruined survival, to the point where most fun has just disappeared for me and for many others. Another veteran gone. Have a good one Sonic, and thanks for writing this post.