warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Ah!! welcome to yet another thread of mine! This is the start of something I was planning on doing and I still need to work out how I will do this. As I have mentioned in a reply to another thread (idk what one), I wanted to start a series of threads to help people out a little bit. As I touch up on "controversial" topics once in a while, I feel like we should break through the taboo on some of these. Like mental health or other issues in society. This sounds.... kinda boring to some of you and I get that. But the main idea behind these is to talk about certain subjects or put them in the spotlight.

THAT BRINGS ME TO THIS. THE FIRST EDITION! We have all had a very hard year and we're glad to see it end. Some of us went through more than others while some of us went through almost nothing. It's just the way life goes, but this year is a bit more special. I'm sure we've all felt lonely or just really bad in general at one point. In times like these, there's always that one person who can do the trick and will chear you up. So this thread is all about appreciating your friends. This can be one friend in particular on Manacube, a friend in real life, a family member who you'd consider a friend, ... It can even be multiple people!

So, this is not a thread where I'd like you guys to @ them and thank them. This is a thread where I want you to post one thing you really connect over. A thing that when that specific friend sees it goes like "OMG YES" but no one else would feel strongly about. This can be anything, a word you always use together, a situation you really bonded over, a song that really gets the both of you or even a picture. I don't want to see any names but do feel free to explain why you want to thank and appreciate them. What did they do for you that made them more special than anyone else?

To start off, I will give two examples of two friends of mine. One friend from Manacube and one from in real life.

1. This friend is from Manacube. Over the past months, almost half year, I've connected a lot to this person. They always seem to get me and we talk a lot about whatever we can talk about. This is one of the people who made me feel a lot less lonely this year. You sent me this song when you felt a bit down. So let me just post it again for you <3.

2. This friend will most likely never see this as he doesn't play Manacube. I'd still like to thank them because they've been there for me in the past 6 years, which is a lot to me. It's the longest and most amazing friendship I've ever had and I don't think this will end any time soon. They helped me with coming out, issues at school and issues at home. They made me feel safe, loved and like an interesting person. I don't think I could ever thank this person enough for what they did for me. This picture will most likely mean nothing at all to whoever reads this, but this friend will immediatly know what it's about. Istg, I love this person with my whole heart.
Now it's up to you!

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Nice topic!

Personally, this year has been super crazy but still very manageable. It's had its ups and downs, however there is a set of people --that I met through ManaCube-- have really made this year a whole lot better! I don't know what I would've done this year if it wasn't for them. Playing games every day and being able to have real conversations is honestly one of the best things ever, especially whilst in quarantine. I'm someone who is super awkward and cannot hold an in-person conversation, therefore being able to connect with people through calls instead of face-to-face has really helped me be open to what online friends have to offer! Whether it's playing Minecraft with some of these people, or playing League with some others, this year would've been so much more boring without them! Personally, I feel like having online friends with similar interests (aka gaming) is so much better than having IRL friends who don't have any common interest! Overall I'm so grateful that I met these people and hope to continue hanging out with them because believe me, they're pretty amazing

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Nice topic!

Personally, this year has been super crazy but still very manageable. It's had its ups and downs, however there is a set of people --that I met through ManaCube-- have really made this year a whole lot better! I don't know what I would've done this year if it wasn't for them. Playing games every day and being able to have real conversations is honestly one of the best things ever, especially whilst in quarantine. I'm someone who is super awkward and cannot hold an in-person conversation, therefore being able to connect with people through calls instead of face-to-face has really helped me be open to what online friends have to offer! Whether it's playing Minecraft with some of these people, or playing League with some others, this year would've been so much more boring without them! Personally, I feel like having online friends with similar interests (aka gaming) is so much better than having IRL friends who don't have any common interest! Overall I'm so grateful that I met these people and hope to continue hanging out with them because believe me, they're pretty amazing
Hehehe :D

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
There's been one person who I called a lot (like every day for hours lol) before quarantine started who I've had the privilege of knowing for over a year. I met them in late August 2019 on Parkour when I helped them with the Bookshelves easy map, and seeing as how COVID has made it so we are stuck inside I have spent so much time with this person over the past 16 months. We talk every day and play games, watch movies, laugh, talk, and honestly I don't know what kind of mental state I would be in without them because I like socializing with my friends and I haven't had the opportunity to do that since March. I'm so grateful for this person and for everything we've been through together and honestly they make me so much happier and just a better person in general.

Gee I wonder who I'm talking about (definitely not obvious to most people :flushed: )

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
There's been one person who I called a lot (like every day for hours lol) before quarantine started who I've had the privilege of knowing for over a year. I met them in late August 2019 on Parkour when I helped them with the Bookshelves easy map, and seeing as how COVID has made it so we are stuck inside I have spent so much time with this person over the past 16 months. We talk every day and play games, watch movies, laugh, talk, and honestly I don't know what kind of mental state I would be in without them because I like socializing with my friends and I haven't had the opportunity to do that since March. I'm so grateful for this person and for everything we've been through together and honestly they make me so much happier and just a better person in general.

Gee I wonder who I'm talking about (definitely not obvious to most people :flushed: )
I'm glad you have someone like that :D

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
OKAY OKAY, I HOPE I DO THIS RIGHT.

Also, my little message here will be about a group of people rather than a single person. I'm sure some of them will look at this thread and then bully me later for being all ushy gushy about it. As others have mentioned already 2020 has been a rough and chaotic year. With all that being said there is a small group of people who have really been by my side. They have helped me cope with personal issues, minecraft issues, friend issues, etc.. etc... yall get the point. These people not only have made me feel welcome and appreciated but they have made me feel grown up. Like I've moved onto the next stage of my life. Before any of yall say anything im 20, im old, get over it. Chile anyway... the thing that this group really connects with is a game called League of Legends (minecraft too). When we play I feel like I can truly be myself. Being able to make people laugh and being able to contribute to a team effort to win games really gives me joy. I don't think anything will compare to us friendly bullying each other over who we main or if we stole a kill or not. Yall are amazing and im glad to call all of you my best friends. p.s... if you're reading this... league later?

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
OKAY OKAY, I HOPE I DO THIS RIGHT.

Also, my little message here will be about a group of people rather than a single person. I'm sure some of them will look at this thread and then bully me later for being all ushy gushy about it. As others have mentioned already 2020 has been a rough and chaotic year. With all that being said there is a small group of people who have really been by my side. They have helped me cope with personal issues, minecraft issues, friend issues, etc.. etc... yall get the point. These people not only have made me feel welcome and appreciated but they have made me feel grown up. Like I've moved onto the next stage of my life. Before any of yall say anything im 20, im old, get over it. Chile anyway... the thing that this group really connects with is a game called League of Legends (minecraft too). When we play I feel like I can truly be myself. Being able to make people laugh and being able to contribute to a team effort to win games really gives me joy. I don't think anything will compare to us friendly bullying each other over who we main or if we stole a kill or not. Yall are amazing and im glad to call all of you my best friends. p.s... if you're reading this... league later?
Ahh yes. All ushy gushy. Imagine getting mad over me playing Teemo and getting a kill

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
This is a great thread Shane :)
While there is a whole list of people that I could thank for their time and their friendship (and those of you on this list, THANK YOU, you have made 2020 more than tolerable and I’m glad I have been able to talk, create, and play with you). But I also have two people who I’d especially thank for being amazing:

1. I met this person through parkour pretty early in the year, around March I think? Throughout the year getting to know her has been one of my few positives of this year. She’s someone more on the quiet side of things but I’m happy that she’s opened up and we talk every day. We haven’t been friends for too long all things considered but I’m happy to have her company for hopefully a very long time! (Pepega)
2. I met this other person when we were both going through a really hard time at the end of the summer. We clicked as friends really quickly and would stay up late to be there for one another. As things have improved in our lives again she’s someone I still love to talk to and she’s someone who can fire me up because of her own big attitude... but she’s also a great friend who cares a lot about other people around her. Overall, she’s a great human ;)

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
This is a great thread Shane :)
While there is a whole list of people that I could thank for their time and their friendship (and those of you on this list, THANK YOU, you have made 2020 more than tolerable and I’m glad I have been able to talk, create, and play with you). But I also have two people who I’d especially thank for being amazing:

1. I met this person through parkour pretty early in the year, around March I think? Throughout the year getting to know her has been one of my few positives of this year. She’s someone more on the quiet side of things but I’m happy that she’s opened up and we talk every day. We haven’t been friends for too long all things considered but I’m happy to have her company for hopefully a very long time! (Pepega)
2. I met this other person when we were both going through a really hard time at the end of the summer. We clicked as friends really quickly and would stay up late to be there for one another. As things have improved in our lives again she’s someone I still love to talk to and she’s someone who can fire me up because of her own big attitude... but she’s also a great friend who cares a lot about other people around her. Overall, she’s a great human ;)
I love seeing all this

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I don't think anything will compare to us friendly bullying each other over who we main or if we stole a kill or not. Yall are amazing and im glad to call all of you my best friends. p.s... if you're reading this... league later?
ive stolen many kills and regret it every day... hehehh

french

Dedicated Member
MVP
FrenchKnife
FrenchKnife
MVP
Ratings
94 2
I mean i've met plenty of people on this server who have helped me with many things but i can narrow it down ( :
1. When i came back to creative during the end of 2019 beginning of 2020, i met the single handedly most chaotic group of people, the hours i would spend with these people messing around in plot chat is ridiculous. Overall though they helped me get through a lot even with school and relationship issues lol and i'm glad i got to be friends with them/still am friends with them. I could honestly write for hours about all the things they had helped me through, (the relationship one big time). They are probably gonna be reading this so if they are, i actually passed english tyvm
2. When i went back to playing parkour (march/april) i met some really cool people who helped me through my failing high school phase lmao, a few drifted, and a few i am still really close to, there are a few things that ig hurt to remember because i miss those people, but in general i'm thankful they helped me with so much
3. And now I have this amazing group of friends that I talk to all the time and i mean i gotta give it to them because they are the same people that listen to my "ridiculous" stories for hours (i would say one but the second hand embarrassment is painful) to also listening to me talk about my past for even longer. All i'm trying to say is that this year has been a mess and that these people made it quite a bit better. So if any of those people see this...

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I mean i've met plenty of people on this server who have helped me with many things but i can narrow it down ( :
1. When i came back to creative during the end of 2019 beginning of 2020, i met the single handedly most chaotic group of people, the hours i would spend with these people messing around in plot chat is ridiculous. Overall though they helped me get through a lot even with school and relationship issues lol and i'm glad i got to be friends with them/still am friends with them. I could honestly write for hours about all the things they had helped me through, (the relationship one big time). They are probably gonna be reading this so if they are, i actually passed english tyvm
2. When i went back to playing parkour (march/april) i met some really cool people who helped me through my failing high school phase lmao, a few drifted, and a few i am still really close to, there are a few things that ig hurt to remember because i miss those people, but in general i'm thankful they helped me with so much
3. And now I have this amazing group of friends that I talk to all the time and i mean i gotta give it to them because they are the same people that listen to my "ridiculous" stories for hours (i would say one but the second hand embarrassment is painful) to also listening to me talk about my past for even longer. All i'm trying to say is that this year has been a mess and that these people made it quite a bit better. So if any of those people see this...
Amazing that you made such great friends who helped you out <3

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
even just very small things like being open to talking about anything or liking an outfit. she has great style and a great attitude and shes always kind to everyone, not just her friends. i've been lucky with the virus living where i live, but friends like those could help anyone get through the toughest times.

on manacube i am infinitely grateful for the thoughtful, intelligent, kind, caring community that is the parkour mappers. they are all so wonderful to me and everyone else and they are the reason i stick around this server. love love our conversations