Username: _Grimmlock_
Map Name: Lost In Translation
Photos:
image0 (3).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

Plot: 94;-104
Difficulty: Insane
Description: This parkour is a massive mirror, where you see the barrier block parkour mirrored over out of real blocks to see where you are going. After you make it to the end platform you follow a passage leading you to the mirrored side that was previously used for reference and beat the parkour again but this time, being able to see it.

it doesn't show in the pictures, but there are signs directing you on the pathway that doubles back to the other side.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Grimmlock,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is not very original, we have a maps that follow this format of mirrored jumps on both sides (RedVsBlue, BlueVsOrange). There isn't really much of a build, as it's just a single wall with jumps on both sides. In the future, try to make one or two main structures with the parkour on, around, or inside of the build! You can see examples of this in the Accepted Maps subforum, or at /warp beta on the server.

I think the concept of this map is very unique, but the parkour is very frustrating because it is invisible. Note that in the main parkour world, players are unable to see barriers entirely (not even an outline of the block), as Parkour is in adventure mode. I know that the barriers are indicated by the blocks on the other side, but it is very disorienting to be jumping on blocks that are invisible for that long.
The parkour is not varied or mixed much because of this, most of the jumps are normal blocks, with some ladder, pane, fence and head jumps. Try to use many different kinds of blocks all throughout your parkour, and make sure the course can't be divided into sections by block type. The difficulty was an artificial difficulty because of the barriers, not necessarily being a skillfully insane map.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.