Make saturation items work (for PVE?)

Gillyox

PATRON
Gillyox
Gillyox
Patron
Ratings
I read in the updates they "fixed an issue with saturation", but I am not sure what the issue completely was?
What I see is that they disabled a vanilla feature of the saturation where you would get healed if you ate, which now is not happening.
So why get rid of it?

This survival is 1.21 but to have 1.8 healing/eating implemented in it just doesn't make sense to me, and maybe for any other realm that's also 1.21 or 1.20.#.

I just would want to ask if this could be reverted back to what it used to be. If that's not possible just back for it to use in PVE.
In PVE this saturation worked fine like it's supposed to work, and if people don't like it in PVP, then please disable it just for PVP and give it back for us PVE players.

If there are any other players who agree with this or dont agree with this give me your feedback or comments so staff can look and hopefully buff it again. Because now it looks like they add effects to SSV's for a fancy lore but doesn't do anything.

- Gillyox

Siebedesmet

MVP+
Siebedesmet
Siebedesmet
MVP+
Ratings
It started with the global launch items, these were nerfed due to it being annoying in pvp.
I am definitely ok with it being nerfed in pvp but for pve it feels like the fun gets taken away, same with the saturation. I was happy to see that the saturation actually worked this season!
Then I also read in the updates that the "saturation is fixed". Like Gillyox said: the vanilla feature gets disabled. This makes more than a few people upset, sadly enough. Gilly's solution, aka the middle ground would work perfect for both pve/pvp players!

DarkPoka

ELITE
DarkPoka
DarkPoka
ELITE
Ratings
41 1
I read in the updates they "fixed an issue with saturation", but I am not sure what the issue completely was?
What I see is that they disabled a vanilla feature of the saturation where you would get healed if you ate, which now is not happening.
So why get rid of it?

This survival is 1.21 but to have 1.8 healing/eating implemented in it just doesn't make sense to me, and maybe for any other realm that's also 1.21 or 1.20.#.

I just would want to ask if this could be reverted back to what it used to be. If that's not possible just back for it to use in PVE.
In PVE this saturation worked fine like it's supposed to work, and if people don't like it in PVP, then please disable it just for PVP and give it back for us PVE players.

If there are any other players who agree with this or dont agree with this give me your feedback or comments so staff can look and hopefully buff it again. Because now it looks like they add effects to SSV's for a fancy lore but doesn't do anything.

- Gillyox
I feel like its not fair to those who don't have saturation items, it gives a big advantage including in PVE to those who do have these items, so it makes the server a bit more pay to be better, especially because there is currently no other way to get it permenantly except for paying a lot.

*Edit: what about bringing back saturation but completely removing it from svas

Last edited:

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
+1, there is no need to disable a vanilla feature throughout the entire realm. Disable it in pvp zones and let it function normally everywhere else. As it stands now, unless you have a full sva gset you can't even survive boss fights and get minimum damage without dying a ton. Even vanilla items like gapples are pretty much useless now. Please revert or find a middle ground with the saturation effect.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,252 312
+1 I don't understand a word of what anyone here has said but ima agree anyway : D

xHexie

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
CCCCXX
CCCCXX
Patron+
Ratings
94 21
I feel like its not fair to those who don't have saturation items, it gives a big advantage including in PVE to those who do have these items, so it makes the server a bit more pay to be better, especially because there is currently no other way to get it permenantly except for paying a lot.
sat its eating to golden carrots give the most sat
Post automatically merged:

+1 i agree with this seems like pvp stuff is messing with pve like the dash items etc

Gillyox

PATRON
Gillyox
Gillyox
Patron
Ratings

*Edit: what about bringing back saturation but completely removing it from svas
About having a "big advantage including in PVE to those who do have these items, so it makes the server a bit more pay to be better..."
Sadly that is the whole purpose for their to be SSV's... SSV's are the only tools really that can have sharp 8 or prot 8 and many other high enchants, you can't get those anywhere else too, so do we get rid of that too?

Manacube decided to put saturation on items, they also decided to put regeneration on items, they also put launch abbilities on items, but now they're disabling and weakening these effects everywhere just because it's strong in PVP?
It doesn't make sense and it's unfair to weaken it to do nothing at all.

"bringing back saturation but completely removing it from svas"
This is not a realistic solution/idea. To do this they'd have to replace everyones SSV's and that's simply impossible as far as I know.
The solutions and ideas I said in my post I know are possible since it was told by an admin.

SolDreamSentinel

ELITE
SolDreamSentinel
SolDreamSentinel
ELITE
Ratings
1+ Yeahhh I barely understand what's going on here, but I can get on board with preferring they not disable or largely alter the hunger and healing system; I'm really only immersed in pve and building, so I prefer if significant changes to core features of the game that are made to accommodate pvp stay in pvp zones; maybe there could be extra arenas with unique affects for a change of pace in pvp? idk

Ratings
+1 - I definitely agree saturation should work in all PvE areas.

FWIW I also think too much consideration is being made in survival for PvP. There’s a factions server for PvP. The fact that relatively few people play there is a pretty good indication that you shouldn’t make survival too PvP-oriented.