Manacube Weekly Returns! Festival Release, and Survival Ponzi Schemes??

Surzy

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Surzy_MrSure
Surzy_MrSure
ELITE
Ratings
209 3
Greetings and Salutations fellow Manacubers!
If you don't know me, my name is Surzy, I'm a Survival main, former Survival Helper and (as you will see) professional yapper!
A few months (it may have been a year or longer by this point I'm not sure...) another forums user started something called "Manacube Weekly" where they reported the ongoings of Manacube and whatever news occured during the week. They have since ceased to write more Manacube Weekly reports, however I thought I might take a shot at it (if I can stay motivated and find enough content each week haha).

Festival

The Manacube Festival was released about a week ago, with a Medieval theme. The Festival contained an elaborate quest/storyline full of different characters with unique personalities. The Festival is massive, featuring well built structures, including two large villages, a castle, stables, a gladiator arena, a PVP pit, a mineshaft, and so much more! There are a variety of different biomes that are expertly terraformed and come with their own wildlife and enemies, and even a new custom boss! Needless to say, lots of effort has been put into the production of this event, on all fronts. As with all things, there have been some small hiccups and bugs, but the staff team has been diligent and addressed or resolved many of these bugs very quickly!
While the Festival has been well received generally, there are a few complaints that have been repeated by players: firstly, that a few of the quests have rather long wait times, but also that rabbits that are near the Nether Portal can not be damaged.
The first grievance about the wait times, while understandably frustrating is arguably warranted. Even in spite of these wait times, a large portion of players still managed to complete the Festival Questline within the span of 3 days. When you consider that the Festival may last up to 2 months, the wait time requirements, while being somewhat artificially injected, are understandable, given that so much effort was put into the Festival, and if I were them, I would hate for players to blow through something that took weeks of hard work in a mere day or less. One proposed solution is that people who have the "Noble" status should have the wait times reduced by up to half. While this might certainly incentivize cubit purchases or direct purchases for the Noble bundle on the Manacube store, it may not be fair to introduce such a change after many people who have payed for Noble have already completed the Questline and had to wait the full time. Though, it has been only a week, so maybe it may be worthwhile for those who join late and want to complete the questline near the end of festival, just before it ends.
The second issue of rabbits being invincible near the nether portal is something I personally have been frustrated by, but is not necessarily game breaking, and is tolerable. If this gets changed, awesome! If not, it's no big deal.
Overall, Festival has been great so far, and I am excited to see when the Festival shop opens!

Survival Ponzi Schemes

About halfway through this week, I noticed a few players asking if any players would be willing to "loan" them cubits, and that they would pay it back later. At the time, I payed no mind to this. New players find creative ways to ask for cubits all the time, and I thought this would pass quickly, as many experienced players with many cubits are not likely to loan out cubits to new players.
I could not have been more wrong. Each day I have logged on since, I have received at least one message from a new player asking if I might be willing to "loan" them 5-10 cubits with the promise that they would return it with more within the span of a day, or even 1 hour. Now, as much as I love helping out new players, I am severely skeptical about new players' abilities to double my cubits in the span of an hour, and return it to me, and of course declined the request each time.
In fact, what these new players have done is accidentally stumble upon the concept of "Ponzi Schemes" or Pyramid Schemes, though on a much smaller scale. The idea is that they try to convince people to lend or invest in them directly or an organization, with the promise of greater money being returned. In a larger pyramid or Ponzi scheme, they would also attempt to have you recruit others under you, to pay you with the promise of repaying them with more also. If they can trick a lot of people into paying them, they can (in the short term) pay back earlier investors, the thing about these schemes is that they are not sustainable, and more likely than not you will lose out. This is especially true of small scale Ponzi schemes, like this one. If you do send your cubits, they may immediately be spent, which would make it especially difficult for the staff team to track down.
My advice to anyone being asked to lend out cubits: DO NOT DO IT. If you decide to do it anyway, it is highly recommended that you remand an SVA(s) of equal value as collateral, and have the SVAs and Cubits traded through /trade so you do not get scammed.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
What do you think the next crate theme will be? What crate theme would you like to see! What previous crate would you like to return? Would you like to see an extension of a previous crate; if so which?

That is all I have for these week! I will end this week out with a meme. Let me know what you guys thought of this Manacube Weekly, and whether or not I should continue doing this moving forward. Thank you for your time!

#FeetCrate (FeetCube image made by me)

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
770 84
willing to "loan" them 5-10 cubits with the promise that they would return it with more within the span of a day
credit score but for cubits lol

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,296 380
Next crate is the flying spaghetti monster crate trust me bro

CheetahGirlHQ

*CheetahGirlHQ
*CheetahGirlHQ
Ratings
40 7

DarkPoka

Dedicated Member
ELITE
DarkPoka
DarkPoka
ELITE
Ratings
55 1
Greetings and Salutations fellow Manacubers!
If you don't know me, my name is Surzy, I'm a Survival main, former Survival Helper and (as you will see) professional yapper!
A few months (it may have been a year or longer by this point I'm not sure...) another forums user started something called "Manacube Weekly" where they reported the ongoings of Manacube and whatever news occured during the week. They have since ceased to write more Manacube Weekly reports, however I thought I might take a shot at it (if I can stay motivated and find enough content each week haha).

Festival

The Manacube Festival was released about a week ago, with a Medieval theme. The Festival contained an elaborate quest/storyline full of different characters with unique personalities. The Festival is massive, featuring well built structures, including two large villages, a castle, stables, a gladiator arena, a PVP pit, a mineshaft, and so much more! There are a variety of different biomes that are expertly terraformed and come with their own wildlife and enemies, and even a new custom boss! Needless to say, lots of effort has been put into the production of this event, on all fronts. As with all things, there have been some small hiccups and bugs, but the staff team has been diligent and addressed or resolved many of these bugs very quickly!
While the Festival has been well received generally, there are a few complaints that have been repeated by players: firstly, that a few of the quests have rather long wait times, but also that rabbits that are near the Nether Portal can not be damaged.
The first grievance about the wait times, while understandably frustrating is arguably warranted. Even in spite of these wait times, a large portion of players still managed to complete the Festival Questline within the span of 3 days. When you consider that the Festival may last up to 2 months, the wait time requirements, while being somewhat artificially injected, are understandable, given that so much effort was put into the Festival, and if I were them, I would hate for players to blow through something that took weeks of hard work in a mere day or less. One proposed solution is that people who have the "Noble" status should have the wait times reduced by up to half. While this might certainly incentivize cubit purchases or direct purchases for the Noble bundle on the Manacube store, it may not be fair to introduce such a change after many people who have payed for Noble have already completed the Questline and had to wait the full time. Though, it has been only a week, so maybe it may be worthwhile for those who join late and want to complete the questline near the end of festival, just before it ends.
The second issue of rabbits being invincible near the nether portal is something I personally have been frustrated by, but is not necessarily game breaking, and is tolerable. If this gets changed, awesome! If not, it's no big deal.
Overall, Festival has been great so far, and I am excited to see when the Festival shop opens!

Survival Ponzi Schemes

About halfway through this week, I noticed a few players asking if any players would be willing to "loan" them cubits, and that they would pay it back later. At the time, I payed no mind to this. New players find creative ways to ask for cubits all the time, and I thought this would pass quickly, as many experienced players with many cubits are not likely to loan out cubits to new players.
I could not have been more wrong. Each day I have logged on since, I have received at least one message from a new player asking if I might be willing to "loan" them 5-10 cubits with the promise that they would return it with more within the span of a day, or even 1 hour. Now, as much as I love helping out new players, I am severely skeptical about new players' abilities to double my cubits in the span of an hour, and return it to me, and of course declined the request each time.
In fact, what these new players have done is accidentally stumble upon the concept of "Ponzi Schemes" or Pyramid Schemes, though on a much smaller scale. The idea is that they try to convince people to lend or invest in them directly or an organization, with the promise of greater money being returned. In a larger pyramid or Ponzi scheme, they would also attempt to have you recruit others under you, to pay you with the promise of repaying them with more also. If they can trick a lot of people into paying them, they can (in the short term) pay back earlier investors, the thing about these schemes is that they are not sustainable, and more likely than not you will lose out. This is especially true of small scale Ponzi schemes, like this one. If you do send your cubits, they may immediately be spent, which would make it especially difficult for the staff team to track down.
My advice to anyone being asked to lend out cubits: DO NOT DO IT. If you decide to do it anyway, it is highly recommended that you remand an SVA(s) of equal value as collateral, and have the SVAs and Cubits traded through /trade so you do not get scammed.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
What do you think the next crate theme will be? What crate theme would you like to see! What previous crate would you like to return? Would you like to see an extension of a previous crate; if so which?

That is all I have for these week! I will end this week out with a meme. Let me know what you guys thought of this Manacube Weekly, and whether or not I should continue doing this moving forward. Thank you for your time!

#FeetCrate (FeetCube image made by me)
Next crate gonna be Minecraft crate for sure