Me or the staff don't look into things seriously

Ratings
426 8
Is this just a me problem? Or do you guys have the same problem. Since when I tried to report a player that tp killed me on survival (which is against the rules) the staff just asked if I had any video evidence, and when I said no they just left the case. Despite the fact they have logs of pretty much everything.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Hello!

I'm sorry you experienced this and that nothing was able to be done about the situation. However, as staff, we need evidence to punish. While we have access to check chat logs to see if a player sent a request to you and that you accepted it, we are not able to really see what happened physically after that point.

I know it can seem a little unreasonable as you aren't going to record every single tp request you accept/send out, however, this is why we also urge you to only accept requests from players you know / trust to avoid this happening in the first instance. If you have any other evidence such as a screenshot of your chat history showing the request being sent, you accepting it, and then the message in chat which sometimes displays when you die showing the stats of your death etc, we can possibly look into it further.

I know it can be frustrating, and I do sincerely apologise - but we need evidence in *all* cases, otherwise it isn't fair to hand out punishments we cannot prove. Staff do certainly try their best to investigate situations, but some of the responsibility does fall onto you as the player making the report to provide some information/evidence. In future, all I can suggest is to be mindful of accepting requests from players you don't really know too well and putting any valuable items safely away if you are unsure when teleporting to people.

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
282 20
Hello!

I'm sorry you experienced this and that nothing was able to be done about the situation. However, as staff, we need evidence to punish. While we have access to check chat logs to see if a player sent a request to you and that you accepted it, we are not able to really see what happened physically after that point.

I know it can seem a little unreasonable as you aren't going to record every single tp request you accept/send out, however, this is why we also urge you to only accept requests from players you know / trust to avoid this happening in the first instance. If you have any other evidence such as a screenshot of your chat history showing the request being sent, you accepting it, and then the message in chat which sometimes displays when you die showing the stats of your death etc, we can possibly look into it further.

I know it can be frustrating, and I do sincerely apologise - but we need evidence in *all* cases, otherwise it isn't fair to hand out punishments we cannot prove. Staff do certainly try their best to investigate situations, but some of the responsibility does fall onto you as the player making the report to provide some information/evidence. In future, all I can suggest is to be mindful of accepting requests from players you don't really know too well and putting any valuable items safely away if you are unsure when teleporting to people.
Hallow sums it up perfectly there with this, couldn't have said it better myself

Ratings
426 8
Thanks for the summery, clearing this whole thing up. However, I agree with the fact that we clearly and never will record everything and anything, and screenshots would be more reasonable, in taking the place of recordings, but screenshots aren't the most accurate aspect of proof. Like I've stated before, most staff claim they have access to chat logs, including tpa and tp requests (which can also be found in the console logs) but they don't bother.

I mean don't get me wrong and I'm not complaining, I know your jobs are probably hard, and it definitely seems that way but a little more effort could and would be appreciated by the entirety of Manacube. Since everyone has a wright to enjoy this game. I mean, your comment of the matter was Insightful to read considering the situation, and easy to understand the point, but like, you guys have less players to manage, compared to those of Hypixel. And your job isn't doesn't have a a set time limit you get and have to work on something. So I can imagine you guys aren't really stressed about this job/passion.

At this time, the time of like, 8am for me (ACST) , during the afternoon periods of the day (est) chat is always filled with people talking about anything lol, so its hard to get a screenshot, since when I tried the tp requests or whatever I'm trying to screenshot usually just scrolls up, past. And usually you couldn't scroll back by a certain limit, so it's just hard to get accurate and precise screenshot . A friend, that I would like to keep anonymous, suggested that I contact an admin, which was known for looking into cases like mine deeper. But when I msg'd them via discord they simply didn't reply. Has been like this for months now, still no reply lol.

Also, I'm Elite in game, but it's not showing here, would be nice if you could help with that :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Moderators have access to some chatlogs in-game, however, we can only do so much to get context when it comes to reports, which is why we rely on players to provide evidence of their own reports. Players equally have access to their own chatlogs via the .minecraft folder, which is fairly easy to access, especially on a Windows device (Windows Key + R > %appdata% > .minecraft > logs). If you are unable to get a screenshot from chat due to chat moving too quickly, we also accept screenshots from players' logs as evidence.

As I said, however, in cases such as TP Trapping, we would prefer to have video evidence to prove without a doubt what happened before and after the request is accepted. While I can appreciate your friends' suggestion to get additional support, our admins are fairly busy so contacting them can be difficult / take time - the best way is through a support ticket which staff will check to see if there's anything we can do in the first instance, then have admins look into if it's out of our control. Admins tend not to be too involved with moderation, however, if you have concerns regarding a specific member of staff abusing permissions, breaking rules or overall being harmful/inappropriate, you're more than welcome to make a report via the support tickets section also.

I'm not sure what happened with this specific issue, however, if there was no evidence and the staff member that investigated it found they were unable to punish the player who killed you, I do not believe anything would be able to be done at this stage - especially depending how long ago this incident took place. I do sincerely apologise that this happened, and all I can suggest is to be more careful in future with accepting requests. If you would like to discuss it further, you can message me here on the forums or via Discord if it is available to you [hallowqueen#2377].

Also, I'm Elite in game, but it's not showing here, would be nice if you could help with that :)
You'll have to link your Minecraft account to your forums by doing /linkaccount in-game. Once you do this, your ranks should update!