Minecarts

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
So I've noticed minecarts are disabled on the server and I think we should bring them back. I heard they were disabled because building massive rollercoasters that lots ot people went on at once caused a little lag but instead of straight up banning minecarts we can just tell people that they are not allowed to build lag causing rollercoasters.

Can we please bring Minecarts back? They have so many uses in redstone, decoration purposes and transportation. Please bring them back.

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
So I've noticed minecarts are disabled on the server and I think we should bring them back. I heard they were disabled because building massive rollercoasters that lots ot people went on at once caused a little lag but instead of straight up banning minecarts we can just tell people that they are not allowed to build lag causing rollercoasters.

Can we please bring Minecarts back? They have so many uses in redstone, decoration purposes and transportation. Please bring them back.

Hey Cukip :)

It would be too difficult to force everyone not to make large roller coasters. For example, what if a new player joined and did not know the rules?

Mine carts were banned for lag, and I almost 100% guarantee you they will stay removed from Mana.

Regards,

-Java

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

While I was refering to minecarts in general, maybe we can get the other types of minecarts that are not rideable , so we can still use them in redstone, like hopper minecarts which are highly usefull to pick up items, and in many other redstone builds, also minecarts with chests are very usefull too since shulkers are expensive. Is there anyway to get at least the minecarts with chests into the server?

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

While I was refering to minecarts in general, maybe we can get the other types of minecarts that are not rideable , so we can still use them in redstone, like hopper minecarts which are highly usefull to pick up items, and in many other redstone builds, also minecarts with chests are very usefull too since shulkers are expensive. Is there anyway to get at least the minecarts with chests into the server?
Redstone generally does not work/is very laggy on Manacube, so adding back mine carts with hoppers, chests, ect would only do more hurt than help really.

I don't think mine carts will be re enabled in the near future, at least on survival.

Regards,

-Java

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
Then instead of banning everything maybe we should just get better hosts and quality services for the server. We're playing on 2b2t lag, im sure there's enough funding for better servers.

Linkey

PATRON+
Linkey
Linkey
Patron+
Ratings
53 1
There was another reason they were removed :O the minecarts with hoppers introduced a game breaking mechanic that could super load chests in farms creating an unfair advantage for those that didnt know how to make said systems.

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
So instead of rewarding the players that learn how to build such machines we punish them?

RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
So instead of rewarding the players that learn how to build such machines we punish them?

It helps establish fairness between players since this game breaking mechanic would be too unfair to new/unknowing players.

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
Can we just get minecarts with chests for transporting items? This will be good for new players since shulkers are sooo expensive and its hard to get money early on.

RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
Can we just get minecarts with chests for transporting items? This will be good for new players since shulkers are sooo expensive and its hard to get money early on.
It would be implemented if it didnt cause problems. Manacube already has lag issues and adding minecarts would make it even harder for people to play.

As much as I would like to have it added, especially minecarts w/ chests, it would cause chaos.

CukiP

CukiP
CukiP
Is there a chance for them to be added in the next season? When everything gets reset and people dont have mega bases with hundreds of mob farms and such?

RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
Is there a chance for them to be added in the next season? When everything gets reset and people dont have mega bases with hundreds of mob farms and such?
Unfortunantly, most likely not for the reasons stated above.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
It will entirely depend on the amount of changes. If the same type of farms are the meta way to make money then they will certainly stay disabled as the knowledge on how to build such mega farms is still not as well known to the player base, that and the server side lag that these farms created was huge. In saying all this it is also entirely possible that they may be enabled again.