Rejected Mineral Ascent - Hard or Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
17 1
Username: iCarryCorona, but the name when I made the plot, so the one it says is SantaIsReal
Map Name: Mineral Ascent
Difficulty: Based on the jump number, it would be Insane, but there are a lot of checkpoints (7), so I think that that brings the difficulty down to Expert or maybe even Hard.
Number of Jumps: about 140; didn't know exactly what to count as a jump, so that number might be incorrect.

Attachments

Anthony (ft18m)

ELITE
ft18m
ft18m
ELITE
Ratings
56 1
Hello SantaIsReal, I just checked out your map. This is definitely a Hard map, not Expert or Insane. I say this because of the very little variation in types of jumps. You only used regular jumps, neos, ladders, and minimal fences in 140 jumps (not a good sign). Therefore, it's too long for a map of this difficulty. Secondly, the build is not very lovely to look at. Not trying to be harsh, but you have some work ahead of you my man.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey iCarryCorona! To start off, the build isn't great. You don't really have a main build, but the parkour is just floating. Next time, make sure you have a main build, with parkour around it and inside it (Like in the recent maps). Like already mentioned above, the parkour could be better and way more varied, since you only used normal blocks, and some ladders. Try to make more variation in your course, by using blocks such as heads, panes, vines, water, cake, brewing stands, etc. This will make the parkour more fun to play! Last but not least, the parkour is way too long for an expert or a hard map. You included about 140 jumps, although a hard course should have around 50/70 jumps (I think this map fits the hard difficulty better than expert). Read more about the map requirements here: https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/

Best of luck, I would love to see more maps from you! -Sil

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

I am rejecting this course due to its lack of build, theme, and unvaried parkour. I am also rejecting due to your request to reject. Thank you!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.