Mods are NOT good

So I was recently muted on Oasis. For disrespect and joining a "flame war", whatever that means. My "disrespect" was actually just criticism about how a mod's actions (Selfoccate) wasn't acting very rash and unfair. I never attacked him, called him anything, plainly stated my opinion. My final message was something along the lines of how he/she shouldn't be punishing somebody for doing something, unless it affects the well being of the server and the people who play on it. The player killmemaybe had just said he was giving away spawners, guess a number 1-100 for a chance to win. Everybody in chat was into the idea, and gave in their number. But apparently for Self, it was an issue. But if it wasn't an issue for the players on the server, the ones that are the most important, then what is the problem? Its not like killmemaybe was constantly spamming the same message in chat 10 times, annoying everybody by not being able to talk in chat, no. That never happened. The reason killmemaybe was giving everything away was because he was fed up with the way the mods acted. I haven't been on the server for even a week, but I just feel as something needs to be done. Maybe a change of rules, or a change of procedure for mods.

I shouldn't say NOT good, as when they are helpful they are helpful, when they're not they're not. Just saying they are always bad would be unfair of me to say.

Chris (づ˘ ³˘)づ

Forum Expert
ELITE
luela
luela
ELITE
Ratings
186 2
Well killmemaybe saying that means that he was encouraging chat flood, which is an offense. @Selfoccate was only doing his job and I know that when he punishes people, it is with good reason.

If you feel as if a staff member has been unfair or done something wrong, report them via this link.

Ratings
I agree with Citrus. Posting a question like that in chat is basically asking for people to spam messages. When you think about it, messages being spammed does affect the players because it can be annoying and very distracting. I am not trying to be rude, but just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean that it doesn't affect others. I don't know a lot about the moderator that you mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that they're all aware of the rules and have plenty of experience dealing with those kinds of problems.

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
Hi @Birdammander ,

Asking questions like that encourage chat flood which annoys a large number of people in the chat. This is most likely the reason for Selfoccate muting people in it. If you decide to join in the chat flood, you become a part of the spam. The rules that everyone has to follow can be found here, https://manacube.net/threads/manacube-network-official-rules.6943/ .

If you believe a staff member was unfair in their punishment and/or abused their powers, feel free to report them here and select the category "Report Staff", https://manacube.net/support/ . If you want a change in the rules, I would suggest that you make a suggestion here, https://suggestions.manacube.com/ . While you're there, feel free to look at other people's suggestions and possibly upvote them if you agree.

Have a good day/night