MSG perk muted people

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
Good afternoon staff members of manacube and players ofc :)

As a Perm Muted member that has been perm muted since january i walked into a problem. i am only able to talk to people through friend MSG and not everyone wants people to add them as friends.
So is it maybe a idea that as a muted or perm muted u can also MSG people limited maybe like 10 times a hour or 3 people per hour etc so u can respond when someone sends u a MSG or can respond to someone who sells for example Mana or Cubits.
As a muted member u barely cant play with the community right now. i had this Issue yesterday, someone asked me something in MSG and i couldnt respond so the guy got mad bc he thought i was Ignoring him and i had no one online that could tell him that i was muted and couldnt respond so i came up with this idea so that a perm muted or muted member still can do something with the community

Idea:
Muted or perm muted members can MSG 3-4 people per hour or send 10-15 MSG per hour (just a suggestion could be changed) so they can atleast participate when people sell stuff etc

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hey Chey, Thank you for the feedback.
If people are muted but can still communicate, that majorly defeats the purpose of a mute. It's meant to be slightly restricting - to be in this position, you had to have broken a rule. In doing so, you receive the consequences for such actions.
At least on Survival, we've discussed this issue before and have come to the same conclusion - this isn't an amendment we can make at the moment. It's possible this can be changed, but I don't see that happening for a little while.
Hope this helped.

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
If people are muted but can still communicate, that majorly defeats the purpose of a mute. It's meant to be slightly restricting - to be in this position, you had to have broken a rule. In doing so, you receive the consequences for such actions.
At least on Survival, we've discussed this issue before and have come to the same conclusion - this isn't an amendment we can make at the moment. It's possible this can be changed, but I don't see that happening for a little while.
Hope this helped.
I agree with this and i know people get muted for reasons but then its unfair that perm muted people cant talk to others at all and not participate in sales and stuff thats why i came up with the sending 10 messages per hour to 3 people in MSG which still lets you feel the consequence of your actions.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Hello!

I would have to agree with Anxi on this one. If we allowed this, it could very easily be abused, and may just use it to further break rules on the server.

Players don’t get perm mutes easily, and by that point you are no longer trusted to communicate and engage in conversations respectfully with the community. I’m not too sure what you mean by “participate in sales” as most realms have the /ah command, and /trade.

Muted players can also use other means to communicate (as long as they aren’t disrupting public chat, or breaking additional rules) by using signs for example. However; further rules broken by these methods will result in a further and stricter punishment.

I understand your concern and reason for this suggestion, however, I think I have to agree with Anxi that it entirely defeats the purpose of being permanently muted.

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
Hello!

I would have to agree with Anxi on this one. If we allowed this, it could very easily be abused, and may just use it to further break rules on the server.

Players don’t get perm mutes easily, and by that point you are no longer trusted to communicate and engage in conversations respectfully with the community. I’m not too sure what you mean by “participate in sales” as most realms have the /ah command, and /trade.

Muted players can also use other means to communicate (as long as they aren’t disrupting public chat, or breaking additional rules) by using signs for example. However; further rules broken by these methods will result in a further and stricter punishment.

I understand your concern and reason for this suggestion, however, I think I have to agree with Anxi that it entirely defeats the purpose of being permanently muted.
What i meant with participating in sale is that a lot of players say "i got this for sale MSG me!!!" or " Buying this MSG me!1" etc

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
What i meant with participating in sale is that a lot of players say "i got this for sale MSG me!!!" or " Buying this MSG me!1" etc
Hope this helped.
At least you guys can add an auto generated message by manacube so when a perm muted player tries to message someone it says “Hi, I’m currently muted” or something automatically. This will solve both chey’s and you guys’s problem. If someone is tryna communicate w you and if they knew you were muted this will make everything easier for both sides.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hello!

Players don’t get perm muted easily unless your name is StormySkiesYT </3 4 perm mutes let’s gooo.
On a more serious note, I agree with Chey. It’s completely unfair that perm muted players and muted players in general can’t do anything. Literally all I can do is friend message and p chat on survival. A mute shouldn’t just be a punishment, we should still have the opportunity to interact with the community but within a more restricted/controlled environment. I’m not saying free all muted players, I’m saying give us the ability to interact with the community that keeps everyone safe and happy. Let me just say that I’ve met many amazing people on this server and I want to continue talking to them even if I’m muted. Communication becomes difficult, especially if the other person doesn’t use the forums or discord. Usually you’re stuck to trying to get them to add you through the friends plugin. Anyways, what we are asking for isn’t too much- at least I don’t think it is. If we are really still part of the community, we should still be treated as such, but currently it feels like we’re forgotten, overlooked, and excluded. Let us all not forget the fact we aren’t allowed to participate in any official community events, and only recently we’re we given permission to create our own clans, parties, and islands. And as chey mentioned, it is extremely hard to buy items or do anything that requires a person to use ./msg.
Chey, I know we definitely haven’t gotten along well in the past… but for what it’s worth, I hope you get unmuted soon, but until then I suggest using friend messages and discord. You'd be surprised by the amount of stuff ppl r willing to do for you on your behalf. (Nothing that breaks the rules ofc)

WIllowWisp

ELITE
Midnight_Jester
Midnight_Jester
ELITE
Ratings
Hope this helped.
Now, I know I don't have a say in this.... but as a person who used to be a head admin for a different well come server. Why not give another chance? for the Perm muted? after awhile I'm saying... Go back and talk to them and see if they are ready to come back and talk to people again...

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
At least you guys can add an auto generated message by manacube so when a perm muted player tries to message someone it says “Hi, I’m currently muted” or something automatically. This will solve both chey’s and you guys’s problem. If someone is tryna communicate w you and if they knew you were muted this will make everything easier for both sides.
Exactly this like i cant MSG people to sell my mana /cubits, a lot of players dont add people as friends quickly AND i cant even rename my minion etc. Like stormy says i feel like muted people get forgotten

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
Now, I know I don't have a say in this.... but as a person who used to be a head admin for a different well come server. Why not give another chance? for the Perm muted? after awhile I'm saying... Go back and talk to them and see if they are ready to come back and talk to people again...
On this note. i was Perm muted in january and came back last may bc i took a break for reasons. Now i appealed my mute 2 times and both my mutes and rebutal got rejected with the reason "show us u can behave in chat" while if i cant chat then how do yall want me to show that i can behave? I am genuinly changed and wanna show that and i have like 5-6 people who can vouch for me that i am changed but i dont get the change to show that im changed. Give me like a few days unmuted to see how im behaving in chat and remute me if im not oke. But i know Also according to other people who said it. that ive changed a lot in my behavior and ive become more mature and less toxic then i was before and i am not given a change to show that.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Exactly this like i cant MSG people to sell my mana /cubits, a lot of players dont add people as friends quickly AND i cant even rename my minion etc. Like stormy says i feel like muted people get forgotten
idek how to rename minions

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
idek how to rename minions
u have to type in chat to rename one, we also cant do scramblers etc to get rewards so getting stuff or getting big is not easy for muted members. Also people can change and i feel like people need changes

WIllowWisp

ELITE
Midnight_Jester
Midnight_Jester
ELITE
Ratings
On this note. i was Perm muted in january and came back last may bc i took a break for reasons. Now i appealed my mute 2 times and both my mutes and rebutal got rejected with the reason "show us u can behave in chat" while if i cant chat then how do yall want me to show that i can behave? I am genuinly changed and wanna show that and i have like 5-6 people who can vouch for me that i am changed but i dont get the change to show that im changed. Give me like a few days unmuted to see how im behaving in chat and remute me if im not oke. But i know Also according to other people who said it. that ive changed a lot in my behavior and ive become more mature and less toxic then i was before and i am not given a change to show that.

Which is why I'm trying to help. I do Believe as a person not just on my word as once long ago admin (different server) Ya'll should be able to prove. But how can they prove they can behave if they can't speak???

ItzCorpsey

PATRON
xItzChey
xItzChey
Patron
Ratings
35 5
Which is why I'm trying to help. I do Believe as a person not just on my word as once long ago admin (different server) Ya'll should be able to prove. But how can they prove they can behave if they can't speak???
Exactly! i changed a lot over the past 8!!!! months that i have been muted and my appeal still gets rejected

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
The only solution I have come up with to show the staff that you've changed is to be active on the forums/discord, whatever platform you still have access to. However, I also understand where the staff are coming from. There are some people (such as myself) who have been given several chances to show that they've changed. I know this isn't the case for everyone- and with the removal of paid unmutes it's practically impossible to get a perm mute revoked unless you appeal and the staff believe you deserve to be unmuted. This is another issue I have with the system- they might not believe you deserve to be unmuted even if it's been say a year and you actually have changed/matured. I have people who are telling me to move on from Manacube and play somewhere else because this situation that me and many other punished players are in is quite frustrating. I believe that not opening up more opportunities for players to prove they've changed is really driving away more people than anything.

chrisily

Donator
Ratings
Hi!
Personally, I don't believe that letting muted players message people outside of /fmsg would be a good implementation, as it defeats the point of mutes. However, I think that there should be a maximum to mute durations, as permanent punishments never do any good for a community, as it just ostracises people who have made mistakes without letting people learn from their mistakes.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hi!
Personally, I don't believe that letting muted players message people outside of /fmsg would be a good implementation, as it defeats the point of mutes. However, I think that there should be a maximum to mute durations, as permanent punishments never do any good for a community, as it just ostracises people who have made mistakes without letting people learn from their mistakes.
Would this apply to bans as well? I feel that removing permanent punishments in certain situations could be risky, especially if the person hasn't changed at all and intends on hurting the community.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
/fr add /fr msg
Muted players are very fortunate to have access to this
Personally, I am very grateful that I do have access to friend messages. If it hadn't been for friend messages I wouldn't have been able to talk to so many people- some who didn't even use discord and in-game was the only way to contact them. However, not everyone wishes to add friends in-game, or they don't know why a random player is sending them a friend request. It's hard to explain why you are sending a friend request when you're muted, and if none of your friends are online they can help you either. Also, if the person is afk they won't see it until they relog because it most likely will have gotten pushed up in chat. While people can see incoming friend requests by doing ./fr pending, I doubt many people use it.
I definitely agree that being able to message players during a mute defeats the purpose of being muted- yes it's supposed to be a punishment but as I mentioned earlier I feel that when you get muted all you can do is work your way up from the bottom of the pit. I've found it quite frustrating when I'm not able to message a certain person due to my mute- mostly when a certain player is trying to sell something and they are taking offers through ./msg. Sometimes players will try to message me through ./msg and I feel bad when I'm unable to respond to them. I hope together we can work out a solid solution that will benefit both sides, as I do understand both sides of the argument and believe we can reach a middle ground.