Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylerh2013

VIP
ViperoK_
ViperoK_
VIP
Ratings
This is my map Mushroom Land. Created solely by Skylerh2013.

Its split into 4 sections Grassland, Lava Cave, Fluorescent Cave, and Mushroom Land.
There are 4 checkpoints and 75 jumps.

20200111140914_1.jpg

20200111141003_1.jpg

20200111141031_1.jpg

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Map judges generally look down upon maps with the biome theme because they are overdone :( Other than that the build was okay, but there were a handful of problems with the map. Don't rely on barriers to stop a player from going somewhere, they should only be used as a last resort if you can't find a way to obscure an unintended path. If you use barriers as freely as you did, it gets annoying to play through. The map felt easier than the average easy map, but also was about 3x the length of an easy map. Jump diversity is also an issue, several similar jumps in a row and jumping from full block A to full block B aren't favorable. If you can improve your parkour building skills, I'm sure you can get a new map accepted. Also, one thing to keep in mind when building a map is that the start should ideally be in the center of the map. The actual parkour selection road doesn't turn, it only goes straight, so it doesn't really allow for maps that start at a corner to be added in smoothly

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello Skylerh2013,

I am sorry to inform you that this course is being rejected. The build could be improved and the theme could be improved as well. This theme is quite repetitive. Next time you make a course, check to make sure your theme is original with the link to themes in my signature. As said above, try not to rely on barriers to prevent exploits. Use them as a last resort. Also as said above, the map felt almost too easy for easy, but was the length of a hard. Many of the jumps are quite repetitive. Try to vary up your blocks and jumps a little more in future maps.

Thank you for submitting this map! :D
If you have any questions, feel free to DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.