MV Survey, Q&A, Listening to the community!

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Hello, I have decided to look into the communities thoughts and opinions around MineVast.

In this thread, you will be able to forward your opinions on any matter, whether it be good or bad. I will listen to everyone and try my best to answer back. You can also ask any questions that you have to do with MV, and they will be answered, think of it as a Q&A. Aswell as this, I will also ask you a few questions!

Continue reading below to find out more:
Server Survey:

We are interested to see what servers you would like to see come to MineVast in the future. Below, I have put together a few server ideas, for you to chose from in a strawpoll.

You can chose multiple servers, but take note that the server with the most votes does not mean it will be added. This is simply an insight to help us!

For each server, here you will find an explanation to see what might be included in it (these are ideas, not definite features):

Plain Survival:
  • Plain survival server, will be friendly. No griefing, stealing will be allowed.
  • Any stealing or griefing will be heavily punished. Lengthy temp bans will be given.
  • Donors will be given extra commands, but no extra items. Commands such as: /workbench, /recipe, /heal or /feed (every <x> minutes), /cook (every <x> minutes)
  • /tpa and /sethome may or may not be disabled, depending on what we chose. (Could be a donor perk)
Factions:
  • Basic factions plugin
  • Possibly a custom world (?)
  • Raiding, stealing, betraying allowed
  • Work with your faction to get the best base and gear, destroy other factions
  • Extra features, such as mcMMO, Tree Cutter, Compass Tracker etc
Mini Games:
  • Capture the flag
  • Paintball
  • Quake
  • One in the chamber / quiver
  • Party games
  • Mini games will be fun, quick games to play. Economy system based on gems from winning mini games or taking part, you can use the gems to buy power ups, better weapons, or cosmetic items.
  • Donors to get boosters.
Hunger Games:
  • Multiple custom and classic Hunger Games maps
  • Basic or custom Hunger Games plugin and system
  • Use gems from winning matches to buy starting kits or items
  • 2 main game modes: Hunger Games and Mini Hunger Games
  • Mini Hunger Games will contain smaller maps, less players, quick games.
Hardcore Survival:
  • Like the Survival server, but with slower health regen
  • Possible temporary death bans after <x> amount of deaths.
  • Items removed within 5 minutes after death in any chunk
  • Donor perks could be lower death ban time, or more deaths before ban
Additional Server Games:
  • Additional Server Games include side games to servers such as The Drop, Time Trials, Elytra Parkour etc.
  • Could include Build Battles, building oriented games for Creative
  • Mini SkyGrid for addition to Skyblock
  • Bounties, scheduled Manhunts or Wars for KitPvP

Question template:

Question:
Minecraft name:
Question:

Discussing matters template:

Discussion:

Minecraft name:
Matter you are discussing:

[Discuss here]

Suggestion template:

Suggestion:
Minecraft name:
Suggestion:

Questions or discussions not using the correct template will be looked over and not answered.
I encourage you to attempt to answer other peoples questions, or take part in their discussions.

- Thank you for reading -

Pand

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
107 8
Question: For plain survival won't the EULA fight back, because /feed and /heal etc... gives donators a huge advantage.
IGN: Pandaherolinker

I personally would like factions, because it brings players together. I also really enjoy plain survival, but having a twist where you can team with eachother is way better IMO

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
Minecraft name:Qhysics
Suggestion: Special Map Scenarios for Factions such as no God Apples and golden apples or a one hour death ban. Custom worlds tend to interfere with the fairness of Factions. Possibly a Vanilla+ sorta feel to it. No Compass Tracker that would ruin the point of hiding your base. People should work for a strong base and armor, please don't make the caves full of diamonds.

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Question: For plain survival won't the EULA fight back, because /feed and /heal etc... gives donators a huge advantage.

I personally would like factions, because it brings players together. I also really enjoy plain survival, but having a twist where you can team with eachother is way better IMO
No, /feed and /heal would only be available maybe every hour or two, meaning it does not give an advantage to donors at all, it will normally only be used when just low on food or being attacked by mobs, since there will be no PvP since its plain survival.

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37

You can team with eachother in plain survival, there is nothing stopping that. Many people can have a base together if they wish, the difference between plain survival and factions is that there will not be any pvp, stealing or raiding allowed

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Minecraft name:Qhysics
Suggestion: Special Map Scenarios for Factions such as no God Apples and golden apples or a one hour death ban. Custom worlds tend to interfere with the fairness of Factions. Possibly a Vanilla+ sorta feel to it. No Compass Tracker that would ruin the point of hiding your base. People should work for a strong base and armor, please don't make the caves full of diamonds.
If we have a custom world, the ore count will stay the same. Things such as no god apples will possibly be introduced, just to make it more interesting. A death ban probably wont be on normal factions, but on Hardcore maybe.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Minecraft name:
Suggestion:
Eyeless_Tenshi

I feel that Acid Island would be another great server to add in addition to Skyblock. Skygrid is a harder mode, But Acid Island would be much harder than the average skyblock.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Minecraft name: Texans45
Suggestion: I feel like factions is a great idea it will bond people together and make the server a lot more community friendly. I also feel that survival games is a great idea because that draws in a whole new crowd of people that like playing this game mode. Whilst these new people come to play hunger games because they mostly enjoy the PvP side of minecraft they may notice that there is a Kit PvP server and this may hopefully bring more people to play kit PvP. I really hope you and the whole staff community adds this because it would be a lot of fun. :)

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
Question

Minecraft name:
Tywone

Question: "Additional Server Games"

Under that section, there is this bullet point:

The "Wars" part tells me that there would be teams/alliances that would fight against each other, which would mean that teams would be re-added?

Suggestion
Minecraft name: Tywone

Suggestion:
Have the Bounties and/or scheduled manhunts be focused more on and/or give a greater reward on the more overpowered players. For example, the players with the highest current killstreak, the most kills, the best KDR, or maybe even the player with the best items.

I don't see a point in an unorganized bounty/manhunt system; a bounty could be placed on a new player, and everyone would be racing to kill them. It'd be a bit unfair.

This would also prevent players from going on humongous killstreaks, and maybe even give the motivation for a player to betray a teammate. Also, it'd prevent overpowered players no longer farming resources off of new players; but instead being more focused on attacking the player(s) with a bounty.

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Minecraft name: Texans45
Suggestion: I feel like factions is a great idea it will bond people together and make the server a lot more community friendly. I also feel that survival games is a great idea because that draws in a whole new crowd of people that like playing this game mode. Whilst these new people come to play hunger games because they mostly enjoy the PvP side of minecraft they may notice that there is a Kit PvP server and this may hopefully bring more people to play kit PvP. I really hope you and the whole staff community adds this because it would be a lot of fun. :)
Good idea, we have previously had a factions server in the past and it went well, we are not sure whether we are 100% doing it in the future yet. As for Hunger Games, we probably need a larger player base in order to maintain constant players on the server.

Pand

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
107 8
Good idea, we have previously had a factions server in the past and it went well, we are not sure whether we are 100% doing it in the future yet. As for Hunger Games, we probably need a larger player base in order to maintain constant players on the server.
Ign: Pandahero Linker
Suggestion: Survival games with a less amount of players (4) in a small map with chests, but not too much. Just a good way to make it fun for the player base.

Edit: It's also original (I think) and you don't need too much players, like SW :)

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Question

Minecraft name:
Tywone

Question: "Additional Server Games"

Under that section, there is this bullet point:

The "Wars" part tells me that there would be teams/alliances that would fight against each other, which would mean that teams would be re-added?

Suggestion
Minecraft name: Tywone

Suggestion:
Have the Bounties and/or scheduled manhunts be focused more on and/or give a greater reward on the more overpowered players. For example, the players with the highest current killstreak, the most kills, the best KDR, or maybe even the player with the best items.

I don't see a point in an unorganized bounty/manhunt system; a bounty could be placed on a new player, and everyone would be racing to kill them. It'd be a bit unfair.

This would also prevent players from going on humongous killstreaks, and maybe even give the motivation for a player to betray a teammate. Also, it'd prevent overpowered players no longer farming resources off of new players; but instead being more focused on attacking the player(s) with a bounty.
Bounties would be organised. They would focus on the person with the greatest KD as you suggested, or the player currently with the most valuable items, based off of each item being given a value, which adds up to an end value, determining how valuable the players items are. Wars would be organised teams of <x> which fight against eachother. It would probably take place in another area with separate items, and the winning team comes out with a reward for each player. This way no one loses their actual items that they have worked to get, making it still fun if you lose.

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Ign: Pandahero Linker
Suggestion: Survival games with a less amount of players (4) in a small map with chests, but not too much. Just a good way to make it fun for the player base.

Edit: It's also original (I think) and you don't need too much players, like SW :)
Yeah, this would be similar to my idea above:
  • Mini Hunger Games will contain smaller maps, less players, quick games.
But again, our KitPvP or PvP playerbase in general isnt massive, and I dont imagine Parkour or Creative players would take alot of interest in it, but I could be wrong.

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Since Olympus was quit, What other servers are shutting down?
It wasn't 'quit'. Its slowly being worked on in the background behind everything else we have going on. I believe I've said this before but we're waiting on content, which is out of our hands, being finished for it which is why we're unable to release.

Hello. i actually have some things to add, and change.

In skyblock:
Remove those god damn poppy's
Add inc sacs to the /sell

Other servers request:
MineStrike
Factions
Quake

Thanks to read this, i hope some changes will happen as i say. it will be awesome.

Thank you.
-xXTurneRz

SneekyStumpy01

Ratings
12 3
It wasn't 'quit'. Its slowly being worked on in the background behind everything else we have going on. I believe I've said this before but we're waiting on content, which is out of our hands, being finished for it which is why we're unable to release.
Oh just like Factions is being worked on ever since it was shut down, i sense some serious BS from the staff
[DOUBLEPOST=1459568711][/DOUBLEPOST]Suggestion: Bring Factions Back
Minecraft name: SneekyStumpy01
Suggestion: Bring Factions back it was an amazing server in the beginning and I hope it will be soon, Make almost every thing the same as it was in Factions 2.0 except for the shop make that like 1.0, I've been begging for this server to come back for 2 years don't let the legends die. Please...Please.

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Oh just like Factions is being worked on ever since it was shut down, i sense some serious BS from the staff
Factions has never once been worked on since it was shut down, not sure where you got that from. We have said we'll possibly start working on it once Olympus was out of the way.

"I sense some serious BS from the staff" - Why would it benefit us to say that its being worked on? If we had cancelled the project we would tell you. We're under no obligation to pretend anything is in development if it wasn't.

Dylan

Last edited:

KawaiiTurtle

Donator
Ratings
31 4
For the plain survival. If there were to be one would you be able to fight other people.