Rejected My First Parkour Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been playing the parkour on this server for a while now, and it has inspired me to create my own map. This is the first map I have ever made. It is called rainbow road. It has Super Mario Bros. pixel art, (Inspired by the Rainbow Road Course in Mario Kart) and a bunch of rainbow parkour jumps.
It would mean the world to me, if someone could review my parkour map.

Stay Well,
MrShawPro

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey MrShawPro,

I'm not reviewing your map officially as a judge, I'm merely giving you some feedback. As Pres said above, you should definitely give the map submission thread a gander before submitting your first map. But, it's completely that understand that you forgot to since it's your first type submitting a map. I won't focus on that, just on your map and give you my opinion on it. The theme is not very original as there is already a medium map titled RainbowRoad that resembles what you were going for. It's important to have an original theme so that you bring something new to the table and don't recycle past ideas. The build is not very good as it's a lot of floating blocks and two pixel-art renditions of Mario and Bowser. I find it difficult to see what part is supposed to resemble the RainbowRoad course besides the rainbow aspect of the map. Make sure to work hard on your build so that it is attractive and original. As you didn't choose a difficulty, I'd tell you that this map is definitely an easy map. The difficulty and length are somewhat adequate, so kudos to you on that! But, the parkour is not very good. It's lacking variety and often feels linear. Try to spice it up by using different blocks/jumps so that the whole parkour experience is more enjoyable. I wish you luck in the future!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello MrShawPro! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The theme is very unoriginal, we have many Mario themed maps, including one based off Rainbow Road (and called RainbowRoad).

The build is not very good either, it's just a large box with two pixel arts of Mario and Bowser. Maps that are mostly pixel art are no longer allowed, unfortunately.

The parkour is somewhat repetitive and mostly floating, which detracts from the build. However, the length and difficulty fit easy well, and it's still decently fun.

Thank you for submitting! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in-game, on forums, or on Discord (MCBYT#2023).​

Status
Not open for further replies.