Rejected My own map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! As awesome as it is that you're submitting a map, I would encourage you to read this post to get a better idea of what to shoot for in a parkour map, since as of right now this does not match many of the requirements.

Have a great day!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING your map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is not that original, as we have multiple color-themed maps (BlueVsOrange, Colors, RedVsBlue). Make sure you check the parkour list before building a map to have a unique theme on which to base your map. Also, your map theme should be something specific so you can have a main build for the map, instead of a bunch of floating jumps.
Build: There isn't much for me to say about the build because there wasn't one - like I said above, think of a theme and make one central build for it. For example, there is a Poseidon map, which features a build of Poseidon with parkour incorporated into it.
Parkour: The parkour was the proper length and difficulty to fit a MEDIUM map. However, it was quite repetitive, being only ladders and blocks with a few fences. Try to make your parkour out of a wide variety of jumps/blocks to make it interesting and fun to play, such as lily pads, heads, vines, anvils, cobblestone walls, water, ice, soul sand, etc. Lastly, the parkour was very floaty which tends to make the map look like a mess. You can fix that by first having a central build, and incorporating the parkour inside/around the build.

I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.