My privacy is at RISK

skr

Ratings
Dear MV staff,

I have been playing on this server for about 69 years; so far its, eeh. I have had a concern regarding (most) staff being able to see my IP address. This has me concerned since the day I read it on reddit forums. I already asked staff what I could do to COMPLETELY remove my IP address from the MV servers. They said that they can't do anything about it, only Sr. Mods and higher are able to see IPs. They also said that they will NOT look up IPs with proper intention.
Now,
I DO NOT CARE WETHER YOU WILL NOT LOOK AT MY IP OR NOT BUT I WANT THAT THING REMOVED FROM THE SERVERS.
I DO NOT CARE THAT YOU SWEAR WITH ALL YOUR LIFE AND BELONGINGS HAT YOU WILL NOT USING MY IP FOR MALICIOUS USES
I DO NOT CARE FOR ANYTHING!!!! JUST REMOVE MY IP FROM THE SERVERS. If you have to IP ban me from the server, in order for my IP to be hidden, then do it! I don't care. As of this moment I kind of regret playing on MC servers. I have already contacted other server staff to do this exact thing. And also how do I get a refund?

tahnk you.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
Seeing as you've stated you've been playing on here for 69 years, I do not know if all of this is a joke or not. If you didn't want your IP on servers, then you could've just connected with a VPN, and not your actual home IP. I highly doubt Dakota will "remove your IP", as he will have to mess with player data to do so.

Also, I don't even think SrMods have permission to view IP's, although I may be wrong. I'm pretty sure it's an Admin+ privilege. The only scenario in which your IP would be used would be in an IP ban, nothing else. Your privacy is not at risk.

You can get a refund, but that will result in a permanent ban from the MineVast network and from all of Buycraft.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
All of the minevast staff team is a mature group of individuals. We would never do anything to harm your safety or well being. The high ranked staff members have access to know your ip in order to protect it from hackers/ddose'ers. I can assure you if that any staff ever abused their power of someone's ip they would be punished by Dakota or Dylan. You do not to need to worry, your ip is in safe, mature hands.

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Hi Cloudliing,

Unfortunately that is not a thing that we are able to do for you. When you log into any website or game server, minecraft or otherwise, you are doing so with you IP. Your IP is then stored in that servers logs. Only a very select few can see your IP address and if you're unhappy with that then I suggest you stop playing on our servers and using this website.

You privacy is in no way, shape or form at risk by playing on MineVast. You might've read that you can be DDoSed when people know your IP and this is correct, however, liked I stated before you are at no risk from MV staff. If you accept players onto Skype then anyone that has you added on Skype will be able to obtain your IP using a simple tool.

We do not offer refunds and you agreed to this when you used our store during checkout. If you try and charge back your money you will not only be banned from our servers you all also be banned for a lot of buycraft stores (including other server's stores).

I believe you are quite paranoid and misinformed about this whole situation and I can only ask that you calm down and continue playing MV knowing that we have no use for your IP other than to confirm that the account is yours if it is ever hacked. If you would rather leave and find another minecraft server then please be my guest, I just want to warn you that every minecraft server (and game/website you use) tracks and logs your IP and also allows a number of staff to view that IP.

I'm sorry that we're not able to be of more help to you.

Best regards,
Dylan.