Need some advice :(

G6_

Dedicated Member
Ratings
52 6
Hey, I need grown up advice :(
How would you go about telling someone that their partner is cheating on them without hurting them? I really want them to know without hurting them.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Hey man!

It’s gonna hurt eitherway. I had to find out myself and it hurt alot. I found out people I knew, knew about my (ex) partner going places. At the moment of breaking up I wish I knew before I went through so much to make her happy. It’s gonna hurt but it’s going to be for the best to tell them ASAP. At some point in a relationship you are going to be planning your life with your partner in it. If this person is planning a life with his partner but his partner doesn’t do the same it’s going to hurt him later on.

- Dutchy
(It’s still your own decision and don’t do something because others told you to)

Edit: This is my experience and opinion, doesn’t have to be others. Different people handle things differently keep that in mind <3

G6_

Dedicated Member
Ratings
52 6
Hey man!

It’s gonna hurt eitherway. I had to find out myself and it hurt alot. I found out people I knew, knew about my (ex) partner going places. At the moment of breaking up I wish I knew before I went through so much to make her happy. It’s gonna hurt but it’s going to be for the best to tell them ASAP. At some point in a relationship you are going to be planning your life with your partner in it. If this person is planning a life with his partner but his partner doesn’t do the same it’s going to hurt him later on.

- Dutchy
(It’s still your own decision and don’t do something because others told you to)

Edit: This is my experience and opinion, doesn’t have to be others. Different people handle things differently keep that in mind <3
Thanks dude, you're the best.

Ratings
4 1
Might be a bit late, but personally I've always found like dutchy said its gonna hurt either way therefore best way for me would be to just "rip the band aid off" and say it how it is. Best do it as soon as you can so they dont spent too much time with said person

Hope this helps if it's not too late :)

G6_

Dedicated Member
Ratings
52 6
I did, and it hurt them. I really hope they can recover, but I honestly do feel like it was for the best and they'll thank me later for saving them precious years of their life.. thanks guys and girl(I don't know what gender you are Thornsy XD)

G6_

Dedicated Member
Ratings
52 6
No problem (I'm a lad btw but I'll let it slide this once ) hope your mate feels better soon!
I hope so too, she is a nice friend to me and I hate to see her sad.

MiixedAxel

PATRON+
MiixedAxel
MiixedAxel
Patron+
Ratings
13 1
I would not tell the person being cheated on, I would rather go to the cheater and give them the dilemma that they must tell them or you will.

MiixedAxel

PATRON+
MiixedAxel
MiixedAxel
Patron+
Ratings
13 1
I would not tell the person being cheated on, I would rather go to the cheater and give them the dilemma that they must tell them or you will.
And hope that they decide to tell they’re partner then out of fear of them hearing it from another