Nerfing.

PraiseTheAbo

ELITE
PraiseTheAbo
PraiseTheAbo
ELITE
Ratings
Hi team,

It's PraiseTheAbo, one of many players on the skyblock server. Now just recently (less than 3 weeks) I've joined the manacube skyblock experience and I was quite enjoying myself. There were items I could purchase with cubits that might help me get ahead. Even things I could purchase with real money. Hogwarts Crates. The first thing I did was go and get myself a minion. Money being made while I'm offline ooft that sounded great. A sell chest as well, damn I could make a lot of money off my tiny little iron farm I had going then keep adding spawners too. Now after I purchased said minion, it was nerfed, sell chest, nerfed to last a month. Now I get nerfing and buffing in a server like this, complete balance as Thanos said.

I get the minions nerf, it makes perfect sense as to why you can purchase it from Kilton and it was making a little too much money from the get-go. The sell chest and chunk hoppers nerf got to me. This isn't because it was removed from the cubits shop, no that was a smart idea. It's the fact it sits inside a legendary chest. Why is this annoying? As most skyblock players within this server know. It sits behind an ancient chest as you can not purchase the keys for a legendary chest on Skyblock (be that with cubits or real money). With odds already low on getting a sell/autocraft chest the fact that said item will disappear in a month frustrates not just myself but a lot of others in the same view.

The most recent update one tonight (day in some parts of the world I know!), nerfed a certain piece of equipment I got that was I guess you could say yes OP but still didn't make me indestructible. The Invis Cloak from the Hogwarts Crate. Another frustrating nerf on an item up until they put the keys in the Cubits shop, had to be purchased with real money.

The tale of this tape is there's no communication between devs/admins and players. A lot of players after today's update are so frustrated, hell I ranted for roughly 10-15 minutes. Sorry, you had to see me whinging Gapple; which this may very well be. Though to nerf a perk ./Fix all. After some people, yes bought with money or those that ground their very long hard-earned hours away with grinds my gears.

I get updates nerfing/buffing and the such, I get not putting a forum post up every time. Though for me and a lot of others, even Patrons our voices feel like they're falling on deaf ears. I wanted to be Patron, which meant $1000 USD out of my pocket in this server. I want to see Manacube the place to be not Hypixel. That's not even skyblock. Engage with your audience Pizza and Dacon. Voting can be a powerful tool, democracy works, right now though this feels like a bit of tyranny. I can come up with some fixes to the problems off the top of my head. Restricting islands to 1 sell chest, increasing the selling time, and making the payments to make it faster exponentially bigger. Making it go away after a month and hiding it in a chest, behind a chest, isn't the right way. Especially after I spent $160 AUD to get 1 sell chest I don't feel like placing it down.

I'm not the guy with all the answers, but you have 370+ players that could give you some direction for updates with a voting/input system. That goes along with the whole server though not just Skyblock.

Be better than every server I've ever played on. Though my time was short-lived with my OP gear I don't want to get off Manacube, I want to see it thrive. Don't become just another server. Become the server.

Regards,

PraiseTheAbo (Bradyn)

SoShiS0ne

ELITE
SoShiS0ne
SoShiS0ne
ELITE
Ratings
As another player from the skyblock, I'd like to say that this WAS the first and ever skyblock I've ever loved the most, because it'd worth getting the rank before the merge (water skyblock player). However ever since the merge I have been keeping myself controlled since the nerfing began.

call me amnesia or forgetful with the nerf details but the nerfed really had me thought, "what's the point of getting ranks, when all sorts of these nerfs just makes the ranks useless?".

I'm not going to say I side with PraiseTheAbo, I'm saying that I've had enough with the nerfs.

engage with your customers a.k.a the players. I so far only know one admin that's been doing the job. you may say that. " That's his / her's job to reply in this server." But to me, it just shows how you can manage things in this whole server entirely.

If you really want to nerf things, or even, buff things, why not notify in advance?

example, minions collection rate.
I have been asking around and yet no one can explain. I asked one of the admin, guess what the reply was. "I'm not in the right position to tell you this." Excuse me, you're admin. not a helper. If you're a helper, I totally get it, i can keep asking.

so much more to say, but as i keep typing, it just made it useless because why? The thought that you guys won't even consider us, our feedbacks, our comments and whatever not.

if you're doing this to gain more attention for players to join. this isn't the right way. stop adding / minus-ing things first, COMMUNICATE with your current customers. That's one way u can make it better. not worse.

I'm telling you this is because I want to help as a customer and as a gamer. I really dont want to curse nor cuss but please be understanding from both perspectives (yourself and ours).

Thank you.
SoShiS0ne a.k.a SUSHI

Majidone

ELITE
Majidone
Majidone
ELITE
Ratings
:mc_38-3: +1 this thread :mc_38-3:

I honestly feel like the communication between the dev team and the community is terrible. Honestly feels like the dev team isn't even listening to what the community have to say before nerfing everything. There wasn't clear updates or time given for players to respond to the nerf before it was implemented either.

Its really frustrating when you put in so much money into a game and things are just getting nerfed left and right for no good reason, there wasn't even any complaints about the things that were being nerfed? The most ridiculous nerf was the deadline on the sell chest as well as how hard it is to get the sell chest? Why even put a expiration date on something that is so hard to get? I remember there was a poll on a thread and clear majority voted for no timing yet it was still implemented. And not to mention the minion nerf? Apparently one of the staff or owner idk said it was because they didn't want to promote AFK gaming but look where this leads us LOL afk spawners, even worse. At this point the server just feels like it wants to earn as much money from players as possible instead of caring about player wellbeing. I feel that eventually people will start quitting due to this. I hope the dev team opens their eyes and ears and start noticing the what the community is trying to say before everyone quits and this becomes a dead server lmao. :(

Sincerely,
Majidone

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
653 7
Great post! I totally understand why they’re nerfing stuff atm, to balance the economy. Because of all the new changes no one really knew which way the economy would go. The previous bamboo and cactus nerfs were more than reasonable as they made way too much money. However Sell chests are a bit of an issue atm, it would be nice for there to be a non p2w way to get these, as currently you can only get them from legendary crates or off other players.

Also, unlimited /fix all is too OP, that’s undeniable. A cool down is totally reasonable in my opinion.

I think it would be nice if there were announcements in #updates when nerfs occur, as it’s just convenient being in the loop with big server changes.

How were invisibility cloaks nerfed btw?

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
653 7
I remember there was a poll on a thread and clear majority voted for no timing yet it was still implemented.
That was my thread, I made it after the duration was implemented and the poll was purely to gauge other players’ thoughts. Also since i uploaded that thread, they have released their new crate system and that has made sell chests more than 5x easier to get than they were, which is a W to me tbh

SoShiS0ne

ELITE
SoShiS0ne
SoShiS0ne
ELITE
Ratings
Great post! I totally understand why they’re nerfing stuff atm, to balance the economy. Because of all the new changes no one really knew which way the economy would go. The previous bamboo and cactus nerfs were more than reasonable as they made way too much money. However Sell chests are a bit of an issue atm, it would be nice for there to be a non p2w way to get these, as currently you can only get them from legendary crates or off other players.

Also, unlimited /fix all is too OP, that’s undeniable. A cool down is totally reasonable in my opinion.

I think it would be nice if there were announcements in #updates when nerfs occur, as it’s just convenient being in the loop with big server changes.

Completely understand your point on the fix all. But what I want to conclude is that at least inform in advance. Doing things without notifying us is definitely a bummer and enraging to certain players including me.

In my own POV, this is not the right way to do things. Its not nice and definitely can show that they dont care about who joins, worse thing to say, who quits as well.

If that's what they're tryna show to us, I have nothing to say for that.

PraiseTheAbo

ELITE
PraiseTheAbo
PraiseTheAbo
ELITE
Ratings

Oh I get the fix all. I mean I don't really use it anyway cause I'm building castles and stuff though there were a bunch of people who had some kind of gripe with it. That's the only reason I brought it up, there isn't enough voices getting heard of paying players.

This wasn't to get them to stop what they are doing, the balancing of economy is vital to games but honestly right now a lot of people don't know what farms to build. Wether or not they should farm minions. It's all just a little confusing due to the merge I believe. :)

Majidone

ELITE
Majidone
Majidone
ELITE
Ratings
That was my thread, I made it after the duration was implemented and the poll was purely to gauge other players’ thoughts. Also since i uploaded that thread, they have released their new crate system and that has made sell chests more than 5x easier to get than they were, which is a W to me tbh
I honestly still don't think its of better help as you cant directly buy legendary keys at all. Putting the sellchest in crates is okay but putting it in a crate where u have to get the key to the crate from other crates with the rarity being legendary is still pretty ridiculous imo. Not everyone has the money to spend on keys like that even if they do the % to get the sellchest is still way too low. its not 100% cfmed to get the sellchest even after you get the legendary key and my friend has alr spent abt 120 cubits and not even a autocraft chest lmao.

I just hope more can be done regarding the whole sellchest issue and I believe many players feel that way also qwq

Majidone

ELITE
Majidone
Majidone
ELITE
Ratings
I did see Pizza talking about possibly adding sell/craft chests to kilton, this was a week or two ago though
Yeah I think it was when pizza came online I think I was there as well, hopefully they're still considering it because there isn't any news at all rip

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
653 7
Last season you could only really get infinity chests from monthly crates, but the rates were very high so infs were fairly cheap. I had over a stack of infinity chests at one point, I think this is what they’re trying to avoid. (infs were unlimited, had a 5 second cooldown and had less/no tax)

PraiseTheAbo

ELITE
PraiseTheAbo
PraiseTheAbo
ELITE
Ratings
Last season you could only really get infinity chests from monthly crates, but the rates were very high so infs were fairly cheap. I had over a stack of infinity chests at one point, I think this is what they’re trying to avoid. (infs were unlimited, had a 5 second cooldown and had less/no tax)
That's why I did suggest a limit maybe player/account based

xplodingpeanuts

ELITE
XPlodingPeanuts
XPlodingPeanuts
ELITE
Ratings
Just a quick addition:
At the beginning of the season, inf chests only came from the webstore, and you had to buy it on the webstore for something like $25USD each. When they were released in the monthly promo crates, they came as a dice roll with other things, such as autocraft chests. So indeed, inf chests were actually rare, and still stayed rare, even after they started putting them as individual items in the monthly promo crates a bit later. The only reason you specifically could procure so many inf chests last season, and so cheaply, was due to someone selling you your first few at an insanely cheap rate because you joined quite late into the season and they opened too many promo crates, and then you went ahead and also bought hundreds of dollars worth of crates in a couple of months, getting you almost to Patron. This isn't a call out or a diss to you, you did what you had to do or wanted to do, but I wanted to highlight that not everyone had the same experience, especially those who could not afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the server. You were very much the precise example of an extreme outlier, with your stacks of inf chests, because normal players, especially non-ranked, still struggled to get even one at season close. The reason for the low selling price of inf chests at the end of the season was not due to an abundance of inf chests, but just because people wanted to recoup some cubits in preparation for the new season - no matter how "small" the prices were, cubits were cubits, especially when we were told of the removal of most ways to receive cubits.
(btw, the inf chests last season also did have tax - 20% - so the same as this season's sell chest 2)

I personally support the both sides arguments above re: the new crate system. I do understand why this new system is great, from a business perspective, but as Majidone said, not everyone has the ability or money to spend on keys, and I would love to see it in /kilton, as it promotes active grinding, a way to ensure player retention and engagement, and gives players something to strive for when all the gameplay/quests have been exhausted (as well as being f2p friendly).

To the topic at hand, I greatly empathise and understand why the constant nerfing and changes are frustrating, especially for those who are f2p. Most nerfs were needed, and I think we can all agree on that, especially in regards to the bamboo and cactus in the early days. However, as with the rest of the player community, I do identify with the voices that emphasise a lack of transparency with the game-changing decisions that are made, especially when the changes are made so often, that players don't seem to catch a break to even restrategise. Especially as this season seems way more competitive than previous seasons, which means a lot of people base their success and worth on the server based on their ability to win at Champions, it's only fair that people are at least notified that changes are made, rather than spending hours in confusion on whether the unannounced updates were bugs or actually intended features.

I also want to reiterate a thanks to the developers and admins for working so hard recently, with the merge and two resets. Hope y'all are looking after yourselves <3