Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Since it's almost the New Year- at least for some of us- I thought it would be nice to ask what your hopes are for the New Year! Perhaps share your "new year's resolution-" or at least plans you have for the new year!

I'll go first- so I'm looking for to COVID-19 being over, and restrictions being lifted. I am excited to travel to Geneva, Switzerland later in the year for the Day of General Discussion on Children in Alternate Care! I'm also hoping to go back to doing cheerleading. Even though we were supposed to go to the ICU worlds in Florida this year- due to COVID it got moved to next year. However, since cheerleading has been cancelled most of this season, we probably won't be able to go next year. But just being able to go back to practicing our routine would be nice. I'm looking forward to the summer- and hopefully being able to volunteer at different summer camps, and maybe even go on vacation!
As for my New Year's resolution, it's actually two things- the first being focusing on improving my mental health and the second being able to learn from my mistakes and not repeating them again.

Last edited:

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
I have a few resolutions for the new year actually :D

I'd like to be a little bit healthier, physically and mentally. I have around 9 months now until I become an actual adult, so I'd like to cherish these moments as best I can. I'd like to get my certification in animal studies and actually pass the course lmao. I'd like to get a good job that I actually enjoy. I wanna learn more about different games and not just play minecraft all the time. I really want to write more, since this year I kind of stopped.

Happy new year everyone : )

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I have a few resolutions for the new year actually :D

I'd like to be a little bit healthier, physically and mentally. I have around 9 months now until I become an actual adult, so I'd like to cherish these moments as best I can. I'd like to get my certification in animal studies and actually pass the course lmao. I'd like to get a good job that I actually enjoy. I wanna learn more about different games and not just play minecraft all the time. I really want to write more, since this year I kind of stopped.

Happy new year everyone : )
Omg! I didn't know that you write?? Gosh pesto... u reminded me that I am also getting old... in a little under a year I will also be a legal adult. It's about time I start learning how to act the part. For now, we celebrate these last months of our childhood while we can. I hope you have a good one, pesto <3
Good luck with your education and finding a job!! It can be a tricky one-

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I don't really do New Year Resolutions but one thing I plan on doing in 2021 is actually deciding if I go to college and which one to go to. Currently I have no idea what I wanna do or where I wanna go. So many decisions to make in such a small time and then it seems like everyone else knows what they wanna do with college or with their lives. So mainly I wanna get too big problems and decisions out of the way so that I can focus on what I wanna do. If that makes any sense at all.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Eat less junk and sit up straighter. I should not be having back pain at 14-

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Howdy!

First I want to say your goals/hopes are amazing and I truly wish you the best of luck with them!

I do not like to normally set resolutions as I find that I almost never stick to them. Not because I give up but more so because life is so chaotic it is hard to keep up with large goals. This is why I set myself smaller, more manageable goals. Completing smalls tasks helps encourage you to work towards having the energy and drive to complete larger tasks. This is why my general goal is to make or work on an art piece every day of the year, even if it is just a simple 5 minute line drawing. This will help me complete my larger goal of building my more foundational art skills in order to become an even better art teacher in the near future.

best, kayla

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I don't really do New Year Resolutions but one thing I plan on doing in 2021 is actually deciding if I go to college and which one to go to. Currently I have no idea what I wanna do or where I wanna go. So many decisions to make in such a small time and then it seems like everyone else knows what they wanna do with college or with their lives. So mainly I wanna get too big problems and decisions out of the way so that I can focus on what I wanna do. If that makes any sense at all.
Don't get too stressed out, Koala. Even if you make a choice, you can still change your mind. You can set out to be a doctor- and then end up deciding you don't want to go in that direction, so you choose something else. Just make sure that wherever you go, you're doing what you enjoy, and that you're doing well at it. You got this Koala! I beeleaf in you. ;)
Eat less junk and sit up straighter. I should not be having back pain at 14-
That's such a mood- have you talked to a doctor yet?
Howdy Howdy!

First I want to say your goals/hopes are amazing and I truly wish you the best of luck with them!

I do not like to normally set resolutions as I find that I almost never stick to them. Not because I give up but more so because life is so chaotic it is hard to keep up with large goals. This is why I set myself smaller, more manageable goals. Completing smalls tasks helps encourage you to work towards having the energy and drive to complete larger tasks. This is why my general goal is to make or work on an art piece every day of the year, even if it is just a simple 5 minute line drawing. This will help me complete my larger goal of building my more foundational art skills in order to become an even better art teacher in the near future.

best, kayla
Hey Kayla,

There's this cool goal-setting strategy I learned about a while ago- they're called SMART goals. I won't go into too much detail- but if goal setting is something you're into, you should go check it out!
Anyway, I totally agree with life being chaotic. It's kinda funny that you mention completing small tasks to help work towards a bigger end goal- I feel that I have heard this somewhere. Either way, I totally connected with what you said either way. Perhaps I should start pushing myself to do more artwork- it might even help me focus on my mental health as I strive to cut back on the amount of time I'm playing Minecraft and being on Discord. Now that I think about it- perhaps even writing one chapter a day for a book I'm currently working on may help as well. I used to journal a lot- I would write about my day in a notebook before going to bed.
I feel that once school starts back up again, it'll be more difficult for me to complete all these tasks since I often have a lot of other commitments outside of school. However, I think what's most important is that I do try and push myself to stick to my goals. Unfortunately, playing Minecraft isn't part of my goals. It's more of an extra little fun treat/reward. Eventually, I am hoping to get an unban, and even an unmute (which should be happening soon) by the end of 2021. I cannot wait to be back on Manacube and being able to actually interact with everyone!! I have managed to meet numerous awesome people while banned/muted- but having an entire server full of awesome people to talk to is way different. Plus, I keep responding to the wrong people, which is always annoying. This only really happens when I'm talking to multiple people in friend messages.
I'm so grateful for the people I can still talk to in-game or on discord, and being able to use the forums!! Goodness knows how I would get any updates. All jokes aside- I hope you have a wonderful New Year, Kayla.

-Stormy <3

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hi there !
So my new years resolution has basically been to keep going even in these tough times. Personally for me it's been getting harder and harder to find the motivation to do absolutely anything but lately I have been finding that motivation. it's gonna be so exciting ;D

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
My resolution is exactly like Ana's first!! I want to push through tough things as well.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I don’t really believe in New Years resolutions. I just hope I can teach myself to trust people again and I hope I can eventually get to the point where I’m able to remove people from my life who have damaged that trust.

I wish everyone a great and healthy 2021 and stay safe people <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
meet obama