OLYMPUS Atlas

FSPlantman188

ELITE
FSPlantman188
FSPlantman188
ELITE
Ratings
3 7
if you are playing in Olympus atlas remember to screenshot your pick every time you upgrade it due to the server still being very buggy if a bug takes your pick staff will in fact give you the middle finger and walk away probably with a laugh because if they lost something they spent hours on they wouldn't need proof they would just get a new one seems fair i think not

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I see you have taken your time to dislike all of my posts so ill take some time to explain why I gave my single dislike.

This post does nothing to help your situation with a bugged pick. Your ticket has not been finished, the staff member has gone to bed since it is late for them. We have received over 100 tickets regarding the reset and they cannot be all answered immediately. Tickets are estimated to take 1-3 days for completion, yours was responded to immediately and as I said, is still in progress.

We have in no way have "given you the middle finger" or love to "laugh at our players lost items", you have to see the situation from our pov. The staff member explained to you that we cannot return items without proof of ownership. If we did, players would take advantage of the situation to receive free gear and items that would normally require cubits to purchase.

If you feel your ticket was mishandled you can always report the staff to the higher staff members.

Have a nice day
Mike

FSPlantman188

ELITE
FSPlantman188
FSPlantman188
ELITE
Ratings
3 7
well if the staff member did any investigating at all they would have seen i have 0 items on my plot my inventory or my pv with 6 hours played and 100k+ blocks mined so at this point the staff member asking for proof with a screenshot how tf am i supposed to screenshot a pick that is gone due to a bug if i was staff id be calling the player who did screenshot their item a liar because who does that in anticipation not me because i wasn't anticipating to lose my pick at the point in time i lost it but the staff member wasn't trained to see a situation for what it was or the ability to actually make an informed or an intelligent decision so i say to you if you were me where would you find a screenshot that doesn't exist and how would you feel if you spent hours working on something just to lose it to a bug and then have a lazy staff member tell you oh well and pretty much give the middle finger if you look at the ticket that's exactly how it was handled

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
The staff member explained to you that we cannot return items without proof of ownership. If we did, players would take advantage of the situation to receive free gear and items that would normally require cubits to purchase.
i don't mean to jump into this thread.. but saying things like this that are in complete contradiction to multiple events happening last season isn't good.
exhibit a: the accidental cosmetic crate replaced an item in everyone's inventory. Certain players got items back without having to provide ss or a ticket. Some had to make a ticket, and didn't need ss. And some needed ticket plus ss. But for me, I lost 6m mana to this issue and they did this 'fiddle figure and laugh'. Even after explaining to them that they already have the evidence and ways to double check, they said no, and then in addition threatened me with a ban!
So, before I get banned now, I just ask for consistency. There is a way you can check his inv logs, also compare his stats and actions.
I don't mean this to disrepect you or any of the staff, i am grateful for the work most of you do, so uh.. sorry.
Pretend I never said anything please...
I would never smash a watermelon, honest to God.

FSPlantman188

ELITE
FSPlantman188
FSPlantman188
ELITE
Ratings
3 7
so here is how the system works with mana cube so if an honest player loses an item due to a bug and doesn't have a screenshot to prove they had it they are out of luck. but if a dishonest player borrows a high level pick from a friend screenshots it then gives it back to the friend then makes a ticket claiming they lost the pick and the staff with no investigation just a screenshot gives the dishonest player a new pick i like that system and it would be a shame if every dishonest player knew that...oh wait they do and they play you hard every day while you shut down every honest player..

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
so here is how the system works with mana cube so if an honest player loses an item due to a bug and doesn't have a screenshot to prove they had it they are out of luck. but if a dishonest player borrows a high level pick from a friend screenshots it then gives it back to the friend then makes a ticket claiming they lost the pick and the staff with no investigation just a screenshot gives the dishonest player a new pick i like that system and it would be a shame if every dishonest player knew that...oh wait they do and they play you hard every day while you shut down every honest player..
The dishonest player will get banned as faking evidence in a ticket to get stuff is not allowed, please do not promote this. Multiple players have already been banned because of this.

Best wishes,
kxe <3

xcy

Dedicated Member
Ratings
123 5
well if the staff member did any investigating at all they would have seen i have 0 items on my plot my inventory or my pv with 6 hours played and 100k+ blocks mined so at this point the staff member asking for proof with a screenshot how tf am i supposed to screenshot a pick that is gone due to a bug if i was staff id be calling the player who did screenshot their item a liar because who does that in anticipation not me because i wasn't anticipating to lose my pick at the point in time i lost it but the staff member wasn't trained to see a situation for what it was or the ability to actually make an informed or an intelligent decision so i say to you if you were me where would you find a screenshot that doesn't exist and how would you feel if you spent hours working on something just to lose it to a bug and then have a lazy staff member tell you oh well and pretty much give the middle finger if you look at the ticket that's exactly how it was handled
dude, did they ever teach you about run on sentences? jesus, i got lost halfway. theres periods, commas, questions marks etc. USE THEM. but on a real note, you should always screenshot your items, especially in a brand new season, because the most random stuff can happen. your just in a bad situation. maybe try to see your logs of you upgrading your pick or something? im not an olympus player, but that would be your best bet. sorry dude.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Just going to add onto this that our SVA's have unique ID's which prevent duplicating. owned pickaxes have the owners name on them. We will always find out eventually.

FSPlantman188

ELITE
FSPlantman188
FSPlantman188
ELITE
Ratings
3 7
well my grammar is bad i know but to wrap up this thread...the entire point was that i needed help but because of how translucent the mana cube policy is .players such as myself that do spend money to support the server maybe not as much as the patrons but donate none the less.... i need assistance with an issue and to be turned down due to such a policy was very upsetting mostly because the staff member could have looked into it a bit further to help me out even if it came to the same outcome..it could have also provided the proof that returned the item lost.. i feel that its unfair to the player to have to screenshot their items to prove that they had them...i get that some items like items bought on the site should in fact need a screenshot to prove that they had them...but items like the pick in which everyone has should be investigated a bit further due to the unique nature of any given situation like mine where i was honest on the ticket about a bug taking my pick. but as i said due to the mana cube policy being so translucent i got kicked to the curb maybe by no fault of the staff member maybe they are bound by such policy... but maybe this thread will help staff come up with a solution to this issue in case it ever happens again.. because bugs take items from players all the time but nobody can ever anticipate when it will happen so how are they supposed to screenshot the item in anticipation for the unexpected

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
well my grammar is bad i know but to wrap up this thread...the entire point was that i needed help but because of how translucent the mana cube policy is .players such as myself that do spend money to support the server maybe not as much as the patrons but donate none the less.... i need assistance with an issue and to be turned down due to such a policy was very upsetting mostly because the staff member could have looked into it a bit further to help me out even if it came to the same outcome..it could have also provided the proof that returned the item lost.. i feel that its unfair to the player to have to screenshot their items to prove that they had them...i get that some items like items bought on the site should in fact need a screenshot to prove that they had them...but items like the pick in which everyone has should be investigated a bit further due to the unique nature of any given situation like mine where i was honest on the ticket about a bug taking my pick. but as i said due to the mana cube policy being so translucent i got kicked to the curb maybe by no fault of the staff member maybe they are bound by such policy... but maybe this thread will help staff come up with a solution to this issue in case it ever happens again.. because bugs take items from players all the time but nobody can ever anticipate when it will happen so how are they supposed to screenshot the item in anticipation for the unexpected
I entirely get the point of your post, no doubt about that. And I am extremely sorry that this happened to you and that you couldn't get the help you wanted. I'd like to give you the staff's pov on this though, so that hopefully you'd be able to understand more where we come from.

So, there are actually a few reasons you need proof. One of these is to prevent duplicating. I'm very sure you're an honest player but we can't just blindly trust anyone in that. On top of that, we need a screenshot to be sure what kind of pickaxe and what enchants it had. We usually don't really have a way to find this evidence ourselves.

Once again, I'm extremely sorry that you couldn't get the help you wanted/needed. Some regular players are aware of this and screenshot their belongings just to be sure, maybe it wouldn't hurt to do this too. I hope this shed some daylight on your concerns and I truly hope that with your next ticket, you'll be able to be fully helped. Have a nice day <3