GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello UwUAmber, Kingaroo and FrenchKnife!
I am here to give you my review on the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge and my opinion doesn't have any effect whether or not the map gets accepted, I'm just trying to give helpful advice :)

Firstly the theme of your map is GREAT since while there are many maps related to animals already on the server there isn't a single map of specifically an owl yet!
Secondly the build of your map is GREAT. The owl itself looks very good and I love all the details other than the owl itself too! I really like the build, well done!
Lastly the parkour of your map is OKAY. The length of the map is great for an Easy map and 2 checkpoints are enough. The parkour is decently varied and mostly isn't floating so good job with those factors! However I find the parkour to be a LITTLE BIT TOO HARD for an Easy map. I don't think it is a big issue however! I also found the end to be quite REPETITIVE WITH THE USE OF LADDERS but I don't think this is a big issue either! There's also a small skip that could be patched!
2020-06-18_11.37.19.png

You can go around the barriers to skip the rest of the parkour by climbing up the owl! Simply adding more barriers is an easy fix to this!

Good luck :D

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Design/theme: You've got a pretty great theme in my opinion, I certainly think your map design is unique, I mean they're obviously are many maps in the 'animal' category but I certainly haven't seen any owl maps from my experience and knowledge. Your design is great, certainly looks like you put in some good detail into your parkour map submission, great job!

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour variety it certainly does match that of an EASY map which is good to see, you've got some questionably semi-medium jumps but it's pretty good, for the variety I recommend adding some more in that section, you've got a couple of unique blocks but it's a bit repetitive in my opinion, good luck! :D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Amber, King, and French

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you three that I will be ACCEPTING your map.
  • Theme: As we currently have no maps themed after an owl, this is most definitely an originally themed map. Great job on picking out something new!
  • Build: I absolutely adore the build. Through proper detailing, shaping, and parkour integration you've created a build that portrays your theme accurately. You guys kept it simple and it worked out great.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length and difficulty (after some slight modifications you guys implemented) definitely fit the easy difficulty, it's short and easy. And, I found it to be entertaining to do as you used a variety of simple and enjoyable jumps/blocks throughout the map.
I hope to see many more map submissions from you three in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.