Status
Not open for further replies.

DingusRice

MVP+
DingusRice
DingusRice
MVP+
Ratings
To add on to wicked magma, if you want to do a parkour with 500+ jumps perhaps try putting your building skills to the test and build a champion map. Champion maps are the only exception on the server to having over 200 jumps in a parkour and having multiple parts to the parkour. However if you decide to take my advice and build a champion map, make sure you have a set theme for the parkour and or a story to it because from what you submitted there seems to be no apparent theme which is pretty much automatic rejection by judges.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
I second dingus, also make sure to focus on the build and base the pk on the build. The build has to be very intricate and large to fit into the champ category, so if that's the way you want to go, make sure to knock the build out of the park.

Kenzie

VIP
qtKenzie
qtKenzie
Ratings
To add on to wicked magma, if you want to do a parkour with 500+ jumps perhaps try putting your building skills to the test and build a champion map. Champion maps are the only exception on the server to having over 200 jumps in a parkour and having multiple parts to the parkour. However if you decide to take my advice and build a champion map, make sure you have a set theme for the parkour and or a story to it because from what you submitted there seems to be no apparent theme which is pretty much automatic rejection by judges.
I second dingus, also make sure to focus on the build and base the pk on the build. The build has to be very intricate and large to fit into the champ category, so if that's the way you want to go, make sure to knock the build out of the park.
Thanks guys! I'll take these into account for when i build my next map!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Kenzie,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: The theme you have chosen is not an acceptable one. Parkour-themed maps are not something we're looking for to be added to our server as they lack creativity and originality.
  • Build: There is no build on this map. It's basically entirely parkour (besides the large words that represent the segments). Yet again, this is unacceptable. Not only do we want an original theme, but we also want you to create a central build that portrays said theme accurately and attractively. Then, you integrate your parkour into that build. Floating parkour will never be a build, it's just jumps. You're lacking 2/3 major components for a map on our server.
  • Parkour: We will never accept a map with 500 jumps. That is an absurd amount of jumps for a map of any difficulty. Furthermore, the map is not an insane in difficulty either. At most, it's a hard. When making parkour for your map, you have to take into consideration what difficulty you want it to be so that you can properly meet its criteria. If it's a hard, then you stick to 60-80 jumps and make it decently difficult. And, there was also another huge issue with the parkour: repetitiveness. Yes, there were multiple segments that were different from eachother. But, the segments themselves only contained a single block/jump most of the time. For example, take the spiraling up head segment. It was just player heads back to back for like 30-40 jumps. That's not fun to do. You need to be more creative an include a wider variety of jumps/blocks not every 40 jumps but every couple of jumps.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.