Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hi, before u say anything, this is just my opinion and it doesn’t affect the final verdict in any way.
As for the build, I love it and I can tell that you’ve put lots of work into it! I think they’re so cute! Did you base them off of someone?
However... map judges now have stopped accepting pixel art maps, and they class this as a 3D pixel art. This unfortunately means that there is a very low chance of it getting accepted (Don’t worry, I found out the hard way!).
Also, Judges may also see this having a similar theme as the easy map QuackyTheDuck. This may lower your chances as well of being accepted. Next time I would recommend looking through this to see what’s been done:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit?usp=sharing
You may disagree with me and that is totally fine.
I hope some of this advice helps and I might be completely wrong so please tell me if it am!
Good luck on the verdict and I hope to see you posting more maps soon!
Chicken

Ratings
1 2
Wait statues are considered 3d pixle arts?
Also it is a map themed on the youtubers skeppy and badboyhalo check them out
And thx for telling me this

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Wait statues are considered 3d pixle arts?
Also it is a map themed on the youtubers skeppy and badboyhalo check them out
And thx for telling me this
Yeah, unfortunately they do. And I thought I had recognized Skeppy from somewhere! Best of wishes, Chicken

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey YWSMC_KIDTROUBLE,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have a several MC statue/MC skin model-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't believe this build to be very good. MC statue/MC player model builds were definitely popular back in the day. But, nowadays, we view such builds as unoriginal and mediocre. It doesn't take a lot to replicate an MC skin. And, it's not very attractive either. So, this map isn't in an acceptable state given our current standards.
  • Parkour: The parkour was hard enough for the hard difficulty, but it was way too long. We're looking for 60-80 jumps in a hard map, this is quite a bit more than that. So, I'd recommend cutting back on ~20 jumps. Furthermore, the parkour had other issues. One of these being how it was floating around most of the time, barely being integrated with the build (which greatly hinders its attractiveness). The other issue was how you used a lot of the same jumps over and over again throughout the map. There were just too many ladder jumps and headhitters. There are so many different jumps/blocks you can use when making parkour, don't be afraid to experiment.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.