Petition to Add Holy Prots to All SSVS

burt3103

PATRON
BurtyBird
BurtyBird
Patron
Ratings
Due to the recent events of many SSV's being lost to combat logs, server glitches, and game crashes, we as a server would like to petition for the ability to Holy Scroll any item. As paying customers and supporters of the Manacube Server, we believe that our voices should matter.

A few of the items that we are unable to holy protect include Cape Feathers, Carrot Swords, Silver Spoons, all bows, and fireworks. We understand that the combat log feature is designed to keep people from logging out in the middle of a fight, however, we believe that the players should have the opportunity to holy protect their important items. This is especially important in survival at /warp PVP, where items drop upon death. There have been many instances of players climbing out of PVP and still losing their items when they log out. These items are worth hundreds of dollars and are extremely important to players. Please give us a chance to protect them by allowing us to put holy protection scrolls on any item. Thank you.

hdgf

PATRON
hdgf
hdgf
Patron
Ratings
35 2
dont forget Jelly Bean and Scuba Helm, you cant even put CEs on them still :(

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I don't like this idea at least how it's set out in its current state. Adding Holy scrolls to everything reduces the main draw of pvp zones such as warzone / koth (factions), /warp pvp (survival) or /warp volcano (Olympus). A huge part of the attraction to these areas as everyone knows is the risk vs reward. It is the same thing with coinflips and the current ssv trading market on Survival. However putting Holy protection on any item risks changing up the PVP landscape Survival and Olympus players have and do love so much.

We have already requested that things like bows, Cape Feathers, Carrot Swords and Silver Spoons be Holy Protect - able. Hopefully this will happen soon and I'll make sure to pass this on again with this thread.

burt3103

PATRON
BurtyBird
BurtyBird
Patron
Ratings
I don't like this idea at least how it's set out in its current state. Adding Holy scrolls to everything reduces the main draw of pvp zones such as warzone / koth (factions), /warp pvp (survival) or /warp volcano (Olympus). A huge part of the attraction to these areas as everyone knows is the risk vs reward. It is the same thing with coinflips and the current ssv trading market on Survival. However putting Holy protection on any item risks changing up the PVP landscape Survival and Olympus players have and do love so much.

We have already requested that things like bows, Cape Feathers, Carrot Swords and Silver Spoons be Holy Protect - able. Hopefully this will happen soon and I'll make sure to pass this on again with this thread.
We are not asking that you take away item drops, we are asking for the capability to add holy prots to all ssv's

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I have some mixed opinions about this. On one hand, yes being able to have a way to safeguard items in pvp is a good thing. If holy prot didn't exist at all a lot of players probably wouldn't pvp at all since there's a high risk of losing items from dying or logging while combat tagged.

But I also see the other side. If everything could be holy protected, what would the point of pvp be? If players had everything holy protected there is basically no risk of dying since you'd keep every item. This basically eliminates the risk of pvp, along with the rewards.

In short, I would like to see things like shears and bows be able to be holy protected. But if/when that happens the interest of going to pvp to gain items from others may die off. Not that I disagree with this idea, I just think there's another perspective this issue could be seen from.

FrozenPepsi

PATRON
FrozenPepsi
FrozenPepsi
Patron
Ratings
119 1

this is why olympus sucks. no pvp drops =no point in pvp= no one plays. but we should be able to add holys to all svas

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
this is why olympus sucks. no pvp drops =no point in pvp= no one plays. but we should be able to add holys to all svas
Trust me I'm aware that the pvp mains don't like the change there lol

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
I think the way it currently works is fair. It is apart of the game to work and save up to get holy protection on your items, and this can be a BIG aspect for people like and enjoy pvp.