Pond ...

RubenjSmith

ELITE
RubenjSmith
RubenjSmith
ELITE
Ratings
This is something that has caused many debates within skybkock, 1 single pond for all players, its not working.
Forcing people to do a Event like pond because its required for prestige (30 catches) and is quests (50) catches, that's blocking progress with end in sight.
Playing from South Africa, averaging 250+ ping, How am I ever going to get to fully enjoy the skyblock experience if I'm being blocked by a event.
Either a change needs to happen for one to not require a Event to progress, or more ponds/smaller ponds at the same time something needs to be done since there is a lot of us that have attended 20+ ponds with under 5 items , at this rate we wont be able to finish our quests before the next reset comes, and where is the motivation in that.

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,333 82
Hello!

I totally understand your frustration with this. Adding/adjusting the pond times is a very common suggestion across all realms, and I think most players and staff agree.

The events held by staff members have been adjusted to be more inclusive to players from other time-zones, so I agree the times could be re-vamped/more events could be held more frequently. I think it would be difficult to cater to every time zone while having the balance of not having pond events too often for them to be slightly exclusive, but overall I do agree that more could be done to include more people.

Hopefully this is something which will be considered shortly. In the mean-time, thank you for bringing up your concerns!

Have a nice day/night.

RubenjSmith

ELITE
RubenjSmith
RubenjSmith
ELITE
Ratings
Just Replace the Pond Requirement for progression, why Must there be a event present?
Havent seen any Boss or LPS requirements, Just make it catch fish or something but being event Blocked...

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
653 7
I agree that the pond needs a revamp, it would be nice to see maybe multiple smaller ponds? To spread out the players as when i’m able to do a pond, there’s 20-30 other players all trying to catch the same item, making it very hard (especially for me bc i suck at it). I also agree that the pond times could be reworked so everyone has an opportunity to participate. However i think the pond rank up and island quests are reasonable, it adds something different to the quests instead of them just being killing mobs and breaking blocks. Also, there is an island quest that requires you to participate in 2 boss battles btw

WhyMeBat2

PATRON
WhyMeBat2
WhyMeBat2
Patron
Ratings
23 1
personally, I don't do the pond as I always find it laggy and pointless; my suggestion is that you refrain from doing pond and do other things like trials or boss instead!

xplodingpeanuts

ELITE
XPlodingPeanuts
XPlodingPeanuts
ELITE
Ratings
I agree that the Mana Pond events need some sort of change, whether it’s time and duration, fixing lag, or changing up the rank ups/quests - since it’s made to be so integral to the Skyblock progression and experience.

I do appreciate the more friendly times added for Oceania/Asia-based players since the last post on this - it was definitely a step in the right direction. I support the idea of trialling smaller but more frequent ponds, but I am unsure if this is going to fix the problem in the long run (as it doesn’t necessarily give you the guarantee of more catches... just the opportunity for those who frequent pond to get even more catches).

Having 30 or more players congregate in a small space, casting lines in an area loaded with lots of plugins means that it’s a laggy experience for most people quite frankly - as an Australian player, I can reach up to 450 ping during Mana Pond event times, while I rest at 230-250 ping on island servers. I am unsure how feasible it is to fix the lag, but I would love for someone to look into it and possibly make some changes!

The only suggestion I could add onto this (as a compromise if other possible solutions don’t work out) is that maybe you could implement a cap as to how many items you can catch per day? Perhaps 15 items or so - which slows down the speedrunning progression of some players and opens up more opportunities for those who haven’t/cannot participate in the events as much due to the reasons above. I’ve seen players make it to 4 or 5 events a day (out of a possible 6 events), who then end up catching 7-10 items per event (give or take 3) meaning that they can earn upwards of 50 catches or more a day - which is crazy to me because I’ve only managed to catch 26 in total since the very first day of reset.

@DSTVdrifta the only temporary solutions I have for you is to either:
- Connect on Manacube’s European IP (eu.manacube.com), as you seem to be closer to Europe than to North America, and this could help with ping issues for you!
- Connect via a VPN to North America or Europe, which could also potentially help solve ping problems. I know other players who do use a VPN to get around the lag but it might not work for you, and you do run the risk of using the same IP as a banned account.
Let me know if you have questions :)

Jeffreyreed

ELITE
Jeffreyreed
Jeffreyreed
ELITE
This needs to be changed, everyone on skyblock is getting very annoyed by this blockage of not being able to prestige.
I think level 7 should be something along these lines.

LEVEL 7 SUGGESTION
Blocks Mined x 10,000
Items Harvested x 10,000
Fish Caught x 250
Bosses Killed x 10

This would make players do more activities on their island, whilst preventing people from flying through prestige levels at the same time. It would take roughly two weeks to receive prestige 1, and two-three weeks for the second level. Rather than having an almost damn near impossible level challenge than what it is set to now. I also understand the issue of people getting cubits too fast and that could cause an influx in the cubit market. But to resolve this issue you could set the level 1 prestige to 2.5 cubits and every level past that to 5 cubits. In this situation, users wouldn't feel like they're getting blocked by an impossible challenge.

I don't think anyone's going to see this but I think this could resolve a problem that exists.

Thank you,
Jeffrey Reed Jr

acousthicc

VIP+
acousthicc
acousthicc
VIP+
Ratings
16 1
This is something that has caused many debates within skybkock, 1 single pond for all players, its not working.
Forcing people to do a Event like pond because its required for prestige (30 catches) and is quests (50) catches, that's blocking progress with end in sight.
Playing from South Africa, averaging 250+ ping, How am I ever going to get to fully enjoy the skyblock experience if I'm being blocked by a event.
Either a change needs to happen for one to not require a Event to progress, or more ponds/smaller ponds at the same time something needs to be done since there is a lot of us that have attended 20+ ponds with under 5 items , at this rate we wont be able to finish our quests before the next reset comes, and where is the motivation in that.
I haven't gotten to that quest yet. I catch about 1 item every time I go to the pond. It's quite difficult!