Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
This is the first year in my 18 Christmasses where we don’t setup a tree at all. We are gonna let christmas kinda slide this year due to the circumstances around the virus in The Netherlands.

We have an old fake tree which is actually just as old as I am. We have had that tree for nearly 19 years now! We tried a real tree 1 time but the mess it left behind was terrible

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
We used to always go out and get a real Christmas tree but around 4 years ago we bought a fake tree and it's 1000 times better. Having a real tree is unique and all but there are many downsides.
- Extremely messy, leaves needles everywhere
- Expensive over time
- It's literally a real pine tree inside? of your house, think about it.
- Disposing of the tree
The fake tree costed some buck but it paid itself off for what we would've spent on real trees in the same time. It's not messy, it's an easy assembly and cleanup is super easy, bag it up and put it back in the basement. Also lights came already on it so we don't need to string lights on it. For anyone wondering, yes, it's 100% worth it to get a fake tree, you can put those pine scent things on and you can barely tell the different besides it literally being clean in your house.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
We use a real tree, my dad's a tree surgeon and we've got Christmas trees growing in the field next to our house.
We used to use a fake one, then realized oh wait, we can just grow our own...

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
This is the first year in my 18 Christmasses where we don’t setup a tree at all. We are gonna let christmas kinda slide this year due to the circumstances around the virus in The Netherlands.

We have an old fake tree which is actually just as old as I am. We have had that tree for nearly 19 years now! We tried a real tree 1 time but the mess it left behind was terrible
Yea the mess is kinda the risk you take for the real trees :p

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
We used to always go out and get a real Christmas tree but around 4 years ago we bought a fake tree and it's 1000 times better. Having a real tree is unique and all but there are many downsides.
- Extremely messy, leaves needles everywhere
- Expensive over time
- It's literally a real pine tree inside? of your house, think about it.
- Disposing of the tree
The fake tree costed some buck but it paid itself off for what we would've spent on real trees in the same time. It's not messy, it's an easy assembly and cleanup is super easy, bag it up and put it back in the basement. Also lights came already on it so we don't need to string lights on it. For anyone wondering, yes, it's 100% worth it to get a fake tree, you can put those pine scent things on and you can barely tell the different besides it literally being clean in your house.
Yea I agree there is a lot of plusses to fake trees, but I believe there is one thing that sets it apart. Pulling out the Christmas stuff that’s in been in the closet the whole year vs having the seasonal pleasure of going out and getting one

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
We use a real tree, my dad's a tree surgeon and we've got Christmas trees growing in the field next to our house.
We used to use a fake one, then realized oh wait, we can just grow our own...
You grow your own?? That’s literally amazing :0

Cowamin

Forum Expert
PATRON
Ratings
381 13
My family gets a real tree usually as far as I can remember. We usually get our tree after thanksgiving but I don't know if we have one or if its been decorated because I have been living with my girlfriend for the semester! I helped her decorate her families real tree tho and that was really fun :)

I remember one year when I was like 8, my dad got me a tiny fake tree for my room for the holiday season and I got in trouble for something and my nanny threw it down the stairs and then I no longer had the tree :(

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
My family gets a real tree usually as far as I can remember. We usually get our tree after thanksgiving but I don't know if we have one or if its been decorated because I have been living with my girlfriend for the semester! I helped her decorate her families real tree tho and that was really fun :)

I remember one year when I was like 8, my dad got me a tiny fake tree for my room for the holiday season and I got in trouble for something and my nanny threw it down the stairs and then I no longer had the tree :(
Awww I’m sorry about your tiny tree D;

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Fake