jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Lately I have noticed some EXTREMELY bad lag on Aztec. I was wondering why this was happening. Every once in a while it will kick me back to the lobby. It's kind of hard to play Skyblock.

AZNCreeper

ELITE
AZNCreeper
AZNCreeper
ELITE
Ratings
65 3
It’s been like this for over a week on Oasis as well. Supposedly it’s being worked on so the best we can do is be patient and pray.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
The lag is most likely caused by the increasing world size, spawners, and entities. When players log in on mains and alt accounts, they all load a bunch of chunks and the updating causes insaine lag.

This lag on skyblock has been slowly getting worse since the season started so it might have something to do with player data. I noticed that when you do /baltop it takes a long time to load. It used to be instant or like, 5 seconds. On kitpvp they removed /p top (mana top) because as it checked player data it caused huge lag spikes and crashed the server. Perhaps its the same thing on skyblock.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Hiya. Long story short the lag on sky blocks has been going on for a while now. We believed to have created a fix for it and it was deployed on aztec but soon it proved to evetually go back to how laggy is was before. The Admins and devs are aware of the lag and are looking for possible solutions

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I know it can be irritating as I feel the same way but perhaps you can take this time to expand to other servers on Manacube and explore their unique communities. I personally have started playing islands and parkour way more since this lag started that prevented me from doing anything I wanted to

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Hiya. Long story short the lag on sky blocks has been going on for a while now. We believed to have created a fix for it and it was deployed on aztec but soon it proved to evetually go back to how laggy is was before. The Admins and devs are aware of the lag and are looking for possible solutions
(After reflecting on this, it is a bit rude but not meant to be disrespectful or confrontational, but intended to get answers <3)
Yeah? Where are they? Playing community softball?
Lag that breaks the game like this has been on Olympus since at least March and nothing has changed. Kitpvp took 9 months to get it's only proxy which doesnt fix the lag well. Set aside the superfluity or other issues.
Dynsalir hasnt been on the server in 3+ months. If you didnt know, hes an admin!!!!! When was the last time he or choc fixed something? Or marcelly or rory?
I know they have their specific tasks, but so does sunset! and she does more than that x5 over!
Mannn, if you could see the how outdated some people are-
Do you realize how long the list of problems that the players of manacube have presented to the admins, owner and devs is? I know I reported serious game breaking bugs on both Olympus and skyblock in April that still arent fixed or looked into!!! Its September by the way.
I like- we dont- where are they? The players of manacube havnt seen them working. They say they fix something, and the next day it's not fixed.
*cough cough*(not covid)
"Leaderboards updated/fixed" uh uh!! Its not! And, aether still unfixed! Need more examples?

Okay I'm done. Sorry. This isn't for you Mike, you know I hug you.
I just felt this fit in here.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Just wanted to clear up some stuff regarding this
Dylan - Dylan is the manager of the staff team. He makes sure that every staff member is doing their job correctly. He checks in with helper/mod coordinators and overall is one of the main reasons our staff team are able to stick together as well as we do.
Purpz - Purpz is the wiki and events manager. As you know the wiki was recently released and she was the lead creator of every page and everything. She has spent so many hours on it. Also she does come on a lot when other admins cannot to reboot servers that are lagging.
Marcel and Rory - Marcel and Rory are developers. They work on the backbone on the server which doesn't require them to be on the server when fixing/creating new plugins. They are the reason we have such cool plugins in every game mode.

I know it can be frustrating but it is something we have to deal with as there are more important game breaking bugs/issues going around.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Hope this cleared some things up
Nope. Not really. :shrug:
We already knew their roles and duties, there is always this same response every time this is brought up. But the question was, where are they?
Every month or so, someone says they have different roles, so we assume they are all the same.
If Dylan is staff manager, why does Sunset do his job? And Choc as backup?
If Choc is wiki/events, why does she not take charge of the events? I know wiki came out, but that doesnt mean its time to stop being active again.
I know Marcelly and Rory are devs and probably work behind the scenes more, but why dont we ever see their work being updated/fixed?
And if there doing that, where is Dacon and Boom?

The point of my post was to ask why the big bugs and lag issues havnt been fixed after MONTHS. Where are the people that are supposed to be working on manacube, as leadership, to make it run as best as it can. Not just to scoot along in a hover round motorized scooter. They're removing or disabling features to avoid the bugs instead of fixing them. It's like shutting down a whole bathroom because one sink has a leaky pipe. It's an okay solution for 30 minutes until the plumber gets there, but not for 9 months.