Status
Not open for further replies.

ManiacalMint07

VIP+
tnt799
tnt799
VIP+
Ratings
This is a tough challenge of alternating glass parkour. A true test of determination for early players, and probably just a piece of cake for veterans, Red Black Glass is a simple, semi-linear course for anyone to enjoy.

Made by tnt799 (Minecraft IGN) / ManiacalMint07 (mana cube account name)
I think its either a Hard or an Expert

UPDATE :
I'm making the map a bit more themed rn and I will add some more variation in the jumps in time. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS MAP, it is no longer what it is advertised and I'm gonna post again when the map is done.

Attachments

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hello there! I have some feedback for you!

So, first of all, the jumps are a bit repetitive, I suggest adding some random blocks here and there to make the jumps varied, for example an enchantment table which would fit the theme of red!
Second of all, there isn't really a build, so I suggest making a type of build the parkour goes around.
Lastly, the theme of glass is overused, so be aware of themes being taken when you make a map.

Have a good day,
Acid

Ratings
Hello there! I have some feedback for you!

So, first of all, the jumps are a bit repetitive, I suggest adding some random blocks here and there to make the jumps varied, for example an enchantment table which would fit the theme of red!
Second of all, there isn't really a build, so I suggest making a type of build the parkour goes around.
Lastly, the theme of glass is overused, so be aware of themes being taken when you make a map.

Have a good day,
Acid
Personally, the idea of random blocks being placed around randomly is way to common in new maps. Variation can be done in better ways, it's not the blocks that need to be varied but the parkour. As most maps are rejected because of an unoriginal theme, I suggest that you find a way to make your map unique while still keeping the theme of red and black. Unique meaning you might change the theme, add some unique pixel art, adding more jumps. As you are going for a hard or expert difficulty, you would probably need more jumps 60-80 (hard) 80-100 (expert). If you need more help also reply to me as that is the easiest way for me to get a notification. Your format is a bit off so I suggest you read this: https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/. The format should be a easy fix, there also nice tips to help you reach the difficulty you want. Remember, you can also resubmit your map if you changed the theme and some blocks, you can also simply edit your thread. Glass is a very unoriginal theme, I hope you can find a way to make it more original! Some variation to your parkour can include: slabs, flower pots, water, ladders, neo jumps. Thanks for reading and I hope you get accepted! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey ManiacalMint07,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have a lot of Redstone/Mine/Cavern-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. It's just this floating mine dome with a bunch of floating parkour inside it. There's no floor, just floating parkour inside a dome. This is not a good build. Which, in part, is due to the theme I suppose because you themed it after Minecraft blocks. You definitely have to pick better themes and try a little harder with the execution of it.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the hard difficulty in both length and difficulty. But, I found it incredibly boring to do due to how repetitive it was. You used a lot of the same jumps so many times be it back to back or scattered throughout your map that it made me want to stop halfway through but I didn't (and it didn't get any better). You have to be more creative, we don't want parkour where you just do the same thing over and over again.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.