Important Regarding the recent reports/allegations

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Hi everyone,

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been made aware of severe accusations aimed at four staff members. At its very core, our goal as a staff team is to keep all players on our Network safe. Because of this, each and every allegation brought to our attention is investigated thoroughly and critically.

One staff member, who was among those accused, has been removed from the team and banned from the Network due to our investigation findings. We’ll not be going into detail about our findings on this case.

The remaining allegations of sexual misconduct against the other three staff members were found to be unsubstantiated. In some cases, the evidence had been altered or taken out of context with the intent to misrepresent the staff team and server. In two cases, the accusations were withdrawn. These actions were taken by ex-staff that had been removed from the team with cause. Due to the malicious nature of the false accusations, some making inflammatory statements have already been removed from the Network.

Perhaps the most disturbing revelation of these investigations is that staff and players have been reluctant to express concerns for fear of retribution from others or concern that they may be mistaken. Please be aware that in cases of sexual misconduct, silence could allow a perpetrator to continue their behaviour. Just as importantly, when the accusations are false, it allows rumours to continue and false accusations to gain a life of their own. We are dedicated to thoroughly investigating accusations in order to protect the victim - whether that means protecting a victim of sexual misconduct or the slander of a player or staff member.

If you believe that a member of the community, either a player or staff member, has been a victim of any form of wrongdoing, there are many channels that you can take to report the issue. You can file a report on the forums or directly message any Admin or staff member on discord. Accusing players or staff in-game or publicly on discord or forums might result in a punishment if it is deemed inflammatory or an attempt at defamation.

During the investigation, several improvements to the handling of Staff Reports were identified. The Admin team is working to implement improved practices for training, processing, and fairly resolving complaints of misconduct by staff. There are no negative consequences for filing reports where staff misconduct is suspected. As always, knowingly falsifying evidence may be punished if found to be malicious.

Best regards,

Dylan

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Thank you very much to Dylan, Purpz and the rest of the admin team for looking into this.

From an inside perspective, I have seen first hand just how difficult and demanding the workload has been throughout this whole situation, so thank you all for doing your best for the safety of the community, and for the comfort of players and staff alike. Thank you also to my fellow staff members for the work you have done throughout the situation and continue to do, to keep members of the community safe.

To those who came forward with the accusations respectfully, and appropriately, thank you for doing so. If this situation has taught us anything, it should be that the victim's safety and anonymity should be the number one concern. Be frustrated, angry, disgusted, upset, disappointed - but please, be respectful of the victim(s) if such a situation should ever arise again.

Hopefully, that won't be the case - but, I would be naïve to say such a thing.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
As a player, I feel like I should answer this from a players perspective.

ManaCube to me, can be a safe place when you know you're talking to certain staff / players. However, I was surprised with all of this members being involved/ the one being removed. This didn't make me happy and realized "why do I still play here?" and "why do I trust the admins more than the actual staff???"

Those questions have been issues with me for a while now as I have been on ManaCube for nearly 7 years. I'm glad I joined manacube for making new online friends and staff. I sometimes still can't believe these staff members but it's just awkward to hear about as this was bound to happen at some point.

Manacube Players, If we come together as a community, we can do better.

Manacube Staff, I know and will know, you can do better than these people, I do not think what happened will happen to you if you don't be dumb, you can be better than yourself.

Anyways I fucking hated writing those last two sentences, I cringed so much LOL

DO BETTER!

Last edited:

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Thank you, Dylan. I have noticed the changes in the staff and I know about the four staff you were taking about, and I appreciate this post! Thanks again! :)

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
As a player, I feel like I should answer this from a players perspective.

ManaCube to me, can be a safe place when you know you're talking to certain staff / players. However, I was surprised with all four members being removed. I thought they where all good people until I heard of these allegations. This didn't make me happy and realized "why do I still play here?" and "why do I trust the admins more than the actual staff???"

Those questions have been issues with me for a while now as I have been on ManaCube for nearly 7 years. I'm glad I joined manacube for making new online friends and staff. I sometimes still can't believe these staff members but it's just awkward to hear about as this was bound to happen at some point.

Manacube Players, If we come together as a community, we can do better.

Manacube Staff, I know and will know, you can do better than these people, I do not think what happened will happen to you if you don't be dumb, you can be better than yourself.

Anyways I fucking hated writing those last two sentences, I cringed so much LOL

DO BETTER!
Hi there! Apologies if the wording caused any confusion but only one staff member has been removed due to these allegations. All other allegations towards the remaining three were found to be unsubstantiated and they will continue on the team.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Hi there! Apologies if the wording caused any confusion but only one staff member has been removed due to these allegations. All other allegations towards the remaining three were found to be unsubstantiated and they will continue on the team.
Sometimes my brain thinks of different stuff when I write/type, I think it made me misstype but I wasnt confused at all, I'll edit that to make it better.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Thank you Dylan, Purpz, Esther and every other admin involved in the investigations.

As Hallow stated I/we have experienced first hand how much it impacted us as a team. Amazing job done by the admins to keep us together and to help everyone affected to move on. I really appreciate what you guys have done and went through to make Manacube a safe environment for everyone once more. Outstanding job ♥️

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
The improvements to staff reports are way overdue but better late than never. And I think the original removal should've been handled better. I hope you continue to implement improved methods.
However, there are negative consequences for reporting staff for misconduct. On several reports I've made where I comment on the unprofessionalism, I've been threatened with bans, and once when I referenced external sources on an open ticket, I was perm banned from the events server, and even after following the instructions for my unban, the ban persists. In my experience, there has been an extreme lack of care to understand any wrongdoing. I've made reports about issues, and the tickets were closed and ignored, which only were resolved with the removal of staff a year+ later once it was unavoidable to a larger audience. At least with 1- and a bit from someone else- who replies to the staff report tickets, it's broken trust and reliability that you won't be able to regain.
I wish you vigilance in preventing this from reoccurring.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved! Thank you to all the staff who've been working really hard these past few weeks, keep up the good work! :)

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
Thank you Admins for doing your best to look through each case individually..
I just wanted to add that hopefully this is a wakeup call to ALL players to remember that even an online game has rules. It's all of our moral obligation to be clear headed and to think before you talk..
Great life lessons can be learned for all of us from all of this..

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Thank you Admins for doing your best to look through each case individually..
I just wanted to add that hopefully this is a wakeup call to ALL players to remember that even an online game has rules. It's all of our moral obligation to be clear headed and to think before you talk..
Great life lessons can be learned for all of us from all of this..
Definitely, if you break the rules you get warned/muted/banned which is not as fun as it may seem.

Zavman

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Zavman
Zavman
ELITE
Ratings
64 23
Although this is very sad, the actions of past staff members has been perceived to me a reign of terror. I knew about this stuff for a while, but I had no evidence. It was only then that same day, that my informant leaked information to me (DISCLOSED INFORMATION). I brought the idea up with one of the staffs and they immediately knew what was up. Indirectly, they avoided it all together. The same day, I was mistreated and unfairly punished. Now I’m not gonna fight for my unmute/unban as this is not an appeal, but I do hope that the recent punishments towards players leading up to the staffs removal be looked at. It’s a little late, but I wanted to voice my opinion. Thank you , ~Zav

Ratings
4 17
The improvements to staff reports are way overdue but better late than never. And I think the original removal should've been handled better. I hope you continue to implement improved methods.
However, there are negative consequences for reporting staff for misconduct. On several reports I've made where I comment on the unprofessionalism, I've been threatened with bans, and once when I referenced external sources on an open ticket, I was perm banned from the events server, and even after following the instructions for my unban, the ban persists. In my experience, there has been an extreme lack of care to understand any wrongdoing. I've made reports about issues, and the tickets were closed and ignored, which only were resolved with the removal of staff a year+ later once it was unavoidable to a larger audience. At least with 1- and a bit from someone else- who replies to the staff report tickets, it's broken trust and reliability that you won't be able to regain.
I wish you vigilance in preventing this from reoccurring.
Your better off just playing somewhere else, this whole network and staff team is a mess and always has been

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Your better off just playing somewhere else, this whole network and staff team is a mess and always has been
The problems are the same everywhere. No reason for me to leave and leave all that I've done and gained behind.
I just hope they care to learn from their mistakes, learn to understand first before forcing others to comply and, become more open. I don't know what they're scared of showing, as this whole situation shows, things become worse when it is suppressed.

Last edited: