Rejected Resubmission: The Persistence of Memory (hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Hiya, Pink with a resubmission for a map

Name: Pink_Bovine (A Pink Cow#1902)
Map Name: The Persistence of Memory

Plot: /plot v Pink_Bovine 1
Difficulty - Hard
Jumps: 66
CPs: 5

OUTLINE OF CHANGES MADE:
- 1st area, removed hh slabs, varied jumps to increase challenge
- Created less travelling, and more parkour between areas
- Increased consistency of difficulty for jumps
- Removed major skips (including ones with speed 5) - thanks Xniper!

About the map: The Persistence of memory is probably the most famous surrealist painting by Dalí, you've probably heard of it as the 'Melting clocks' :). The map features 3 of the distorted watch faces, along with a dead tree that towers above.

Fun fact: Dali was inspired to paint this by watching Camembert cheese melting in the sun

The parkour itself features jumps such as:
- Tight bending, low ceiling first section
- A couple varied neos (2b-1, cross w/ blockage etc.) in the vertical climb in the dead tree
- Multiple new slime jumps dotted throughout

Thanks in advance! Come test it out!
Pink :)

Pictures as always:
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.36.35.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.36.47.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.37.08.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.37.48.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.38.00.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.38.13.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.38.33.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Pink_Cow,

I firstly want to apologize for how long it has taken me to get to this resubmission. Unfortunately, I will be rejecting this map and you are welcome to make changes once again and resubmit! The theme is original as I stated before, we have other clock maps but none of this exact painting, and it is executed very well.

The parkour is still the main problem with the map. The parkour is now too hard for the difficulty. The path is still a little strange, but passable enough to where it makes sense, but I would still recommend revising it potentially. There's a lot of space created on the map that hasn't really been used, and I think you could benefit from restructuring the map as you nerf.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have questions, of course feel free to message me on Discord. Hope to see more submissions from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.