ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Map Creators: caseyclosed & repuloh
Difficulty: Insane
90~ Jumps
8 Checkpoints
./plot v caseyclosed 11

(shout out to cele for the cool climber organic)

barack obama simulator.jpg

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Was super fun to help out <3 Having also tested the map a few times I believe this suits the insane difficulty, the jumps are varied- the theme is unique! Hope to see this one accepted.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey casey!
I am here to give you my review of the map. Firstly I think this level should be ACCEPTED and here's why!

The theme for your map is GREAT since I don't think there's any other maps based on Rock Climbing. I definitely haven't seen one so good job on that!
The build for your map is GREAT. It is very well detailed and looks like a lot of effort went into it. Especially I think cele did amazing job with the climber! Good job on that!
The parkour for your map is OKAY. It is well varied, fun, fits the Insane difficulty, is balancedly difficult most of the time and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints. My only issue with the parkour is a HUGE exploit that skips two inner parts of the mountain and slight outside parts too. It might be hard to follow but I'll try my best to explain.

I'll start with an easy to see exploit that doesn't skip much, hear me out! (Green arrows indicate the right path, and red arrows indicate the exploit route in all the pictures)
2020-05-13_14.32.55.png

This skip skips a few pretty easy jumps. It is easy to patch with one barrier putting it next to the climber's leg.

Now it's time for the bigger exploit that might be hard to understand. Watch carefully!
There's two ways to perform it, the other being harder and lenghtier and the other being shorter and easier. First is the shorter and easier.
2020-05-13_14.38.26.png

You're supposed to go around the climber but with a very precise momentum jump you can skip to that part of the mountain. (The first and lowest red line) From there you can climb up, do a 3 block +1 jump on the climber and another slightly hard jump to skip on the red thing. From there you can progress normally.

This is the second way to perform it.
2020-05-13_14.38.31.png
This way is basically the same but you don't do the precise momentum jump and instead you go around the climber first. Both ways lead to this same block of andesite (end of first red line) from where you can then perform the skip. This skip is absolutely massive, effectively skipping ALL of these rooms.
2020-05-13_14.36.22.png
2020-05-13_14.36.26.png
2020-05-13_14.36.32.png
2020-05-13_14.36.38.png

Fix this exploit and I think this map is definitely being accepted!

Good luck! :)

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey casey!
I am here to give you my review of the map. Firstly I think this level should be ACCEPTED and here's why!

The theme for your map is GREAT since I don't think there's any other maps based on Rock Climbing. I definitely haven't seen one so good job on that!
The build for your map is GREAT. It is very well detailed and looks like a lot of effort went into it. Especially I think cele did amazing job with the climber! Good job on that!
The parkour for your map is OKAY. It is well varied, fun, fits the Insane difficulty, is balancedly difficult most of the time and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints. My only issue with the parkour is a HUGE exploit that skips two inner parts of the mountain and slight outside parts too. It might be hard to follow but I'll try my best to explain.

I'll start with an easy to see exploit that doesn't skip much, hear me out! (Green arrows indicate the right path, and red arrows indicate the exploit route in all the pictures) View attachment 28039
This skip skips a few pretty easy jumps. It is easy to patch with one barrier putting it next to the climber's leg.

Now it's time for the bigger exploit that might be hard to understand. Watch carefully!
There's two ways to perform it, the other being harder and lenghtier and the other being shorter and easier. First is the shorter and easier. View attachment 28040
You're supposed to go around the climber but with a very precise momentum jump you can skip to that part of the mountain. (The first and lowest red line) From there you can climb up, do a 3 block +1 jump on the climber and another slightly hard jump to skip on the red thing. From there you can progress normally.

This is the second way to perform it. View attachment 28041 This way is basically the same but you don't do the precise momentum jump and instead you go around the climber first. Both ways lead to this same block of andesite (end of first red line) from where you can then perform the skip. This skip is absolutely massive, effectively skipping ALL of these rooms. View attachment 28042 View attachment 28043 View attachment 28044 View attachment 28045

Fix this exploit and I think this map is definitely being accepted!

Great find on the exploits Gamers! If discovered later that could've been bad. Repuloh has since patched them.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey!
Since the exploits have been patched out, the parkour is now GREAT. I don't see any reason for this map to be rejected!

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
After further testing TheDestroyer7234 found out yet another skip that might be difficult to fix!
2020-05-14_21.24.06.png

I also think it would be a good idea to move one checkpoint in the map.
2020-05-14_21.33.39.png

The part after the last cave. (Shown in the picture on bottom left) is quite a huge difficulty spike compared to everything else in the map and the next checkpoint is quite far away (Right sign). I would recommend moving the checkpoint above the ladders so you could at least take it once you do all those hard jumps in the bottom left corner. The next part after the spot where the checkpoint is right now is also laughably easy compared to the previous part so I think it would only do good if this checkpoint was moved to make the next part a little harder and more balanced while making this part a little easier and more forgiving. However maybe that fence neo thingy next to where the cp is currently would be quite hard with the cp all the way back to the ladders so maybe that could be nerfed. This is just an idea I thought would help make the map more fun, it's up to you whether you change cp placements or not!

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Casey and Rep,

I'm happy to be able to tell you that your map has been ACCEPTED. Although we do have some mountain maps, they bare minimal resemblance to this map. It's honestly a very original and creative theme, well done! The build is excellent. You've made it look like someone is actually scaling a rock climbing wall through your attention to detail, good block choices, and splendid parkour integration. The PK length and difficulty most certainly fit the insane difficulty, it's properly difficult and lengthy. I found the CP placement to make the map difficult while enjoyable, it's not as unforgiving as other maps. And, the variation and ingenuity in the jumps/blocks proved to create a very fun parkour experience. There were also little to no exploits (a big relief!). Great map, I hope to see many more from the two of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.