Rejected Run for the Mansion submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i started to make this Themed map with few of my buddies in April. The idea of the map is that you are trying to steal a thing from the Mansion and you must parkour through the Mansion grounds.

Design / Building
cmdtvt <-- Me

Building
DerppisX
Sarzuliini

The map has been a long time in making and it has been tested on 1.8.9 (if i remember correctly) 1.12.2, 1.14.4 and 1.15.1
We were originaly aiming this to be a hard parkour but from the jump count it seems like that it might be an insane one...
The last count was 217 jumps not sure if accurate anymore. Some jumps were removed and some added.

I have allways hated barrier blocks that stop your progress so they are only used in few jumps and places where you can clearly see that you should not go that way. Map end is in a hotair balloon (-3888 94 -9275)
Map is seperated to 4 sections and each of them has a checkpoint and sometimes there are half checkpoints inside these ones if the jumps start to get too risky (at least for my taste).

I hope that the map gets Approved. Making it was fun and i love maps that have bigger area to explore and jump through :)

2019-05-15_21.14.21.png
2019-12-24_19.01.19.png
2019-12-24_19.01.49.png
2019-12-24_19.03.16.png

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
The map was mostly enjoyable for me but there are a couple things with it that make me feel like this isn't going to be accepted, the biggest two being that its too wide and the parkour is not as diverse as it should be, most of the jumps are jumping from full block A to full block B. I don't play insane maps but the parkour also feels like a medium map with much less checkpoints. There were a few times where I got lost, namely at the tree area and around the barn. Theme is also an issue, and while it seems you tried to make up for it with a story, there isn't any storytelling and feels disconnected from the parkour itself. But because not many maps are made like this, I could see it being accepted without a central theme. Unless you are able to make this much thinner or get the judges to accept this as wide as it already is, I don't think there is a big chance of reworking the parkour to get it accepted, which is a big shame considering how much effort you put into this.

The map was mostly enjoyable for me but there are a couple things with it that make me feel like this isn't going to be accepted, the biggest two being that its too wide and the parkour is not as diverse as it should be, most of the jumps are jumping from full block A to full block B. I don't play insane maps but the parkour also feels like a medium map with much less checkpoints. There were a few times where I got lost, namely at the tree area and around the barn. Theme is also an issue, and while it seems you tried to make up for it with a story, there isn't any storytelling and feels disconnected from the parkour itself. But because not many maps are made like this, I could see it being accepted without a central theme. Unless you are able to make this much thinner or get the judges to accept this as wide as it already is, I don't think there is a big chance of reworking the parkour to get it accepted, which is a big shame considering how much effort you put into this.
Hmmm yes might be true. I feel too like there should be more variaty on the jumps as well. Mostly the map size is because untill this point i have been working few years on one map with my buddies. Its a large open world server lobby. After working on it so long i feel like its become harder for me to make small maps :p

niqhtless

ELITE
niqhtless
niqhtless
ELITE
Ratings
25 2
Map is very appealing and I love the attention to detail. I tried to test the parkour but my commands don't seem to want to work today :')) Anyways I really like this build and I wish ya the best of luck! <3

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
What command did you try? /plot v cmdtvt should work.

niqhtless

ELITE
niqhtless
niqhtless
ELITE
Ratings
25 2
I tried /p visit cmdtvt but it said something along the lines of it being invalid.

niqhtless

ELITE
niqhtless
niqhtless
ELITE
Ratings
25 2
Update since I was able to try it!))
I think that the parkour itself is pretty good but I did find it confusing in some spots. I suggest maybe adding some more signs indicating where you need to go because I was stuck on one part and had no idea where the right place was to go. Other than that, pretty good build and very creative! Good luck :)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello cmdtvt, DerppisX & Sarzuliini,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. It is well built and detailed, and I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it. so well done!
The parkour is quite repetitive. You incorporated the jumps into the build well at times, however it does make the parkour quite boring, as a lot of it consists of ladders and normal blocks. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items to create original and enjoyable jumps.
The parkour was also quite confusing. Try to create a clearer path for the parkour, whether that be with something like coloured carpets, signs etc. as I found it quite easy to get lost and confused throughout the map.
The difficulty is good for a medium/hard map, however the length is far too long. Please read over this thread https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ to make sure your map fits within the requirements.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.