Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Hey lads!

Alrighty so, the map looks great and I loved testing it (What I could at least, a lot of usage blocks which I couldn't test sadly).
I'll be giving some input if you don't mind; just a heads up, I am not a map judge, so this is just a personal opinion.

THEME is adorable; always loved Shy Guy when I was playing Mario as a child, so it really brings back some memories haha.

In regards to the BUILD, it matches the theme perfectly so no issues there at all. This is just my opinion, but I would love to have seen some colour shading, use of red wool, mushroom blocks, red glass, etc to add some different blocks into the palette <3

Okay now onto the PARKOUR. One jump I found very unforgiving is this one here:
1621763309177.png
I was only able to get it once and it was very tight but very doable (just tried it around 10 more times, couldn't get it). I would personally nerf it, might be a little tricky to do so as this area is very confined, but I'd love to see what you can come up with <3
Other than this, all the other jumps seem fine, good variation and not too neo heavy, so great work on that.
Matches length and difficulty just fine, another thumbs up.

Other than that, this is all I have to say; hope you can take my opinion into consideration <3
Many thanks!

ComradeOlaf

VIP+
ComradeOlaf
ComradeOlaf
VIP+
Ratings
62 2
Hi Jash, thank you for taking the time to look at this map!
I completely understand your point about the shading, thinking about it I know that would probably look really good if executed well. Problem is I didnt make the build and I dont think I would be able to implement these changes in a proper way.

For the parkour I also agree 100% the jump in that picture sucks alot and is very difficult... Luckily thats not the intended jump because the ladders have been moved without me noticing. Apparently some guy that likes bins alot broke them on accident and didnt know where they belonged. I have now put them up where theyre intended to be: https://prnt.sc/13awfxw
The jump is still decently hard imo but much easier than the other one.
Ive also added you on the plot incase you get bored and wanna try all the interactable jumps. (There are alot yes)

Thank you for testing and pointing these things out! :)

Last edited:

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
I completely understand your point about the shading, thinking about it know that would probably look really good if executed well. Problem is I didnt make the build and I dont think I would be able to implement these changes in a proper way.

For the parkour I also agree 100% the jump in that picture sucks alot and is very difficult... Luckily thats not the intended jump because the ladders have been moved without me noticing. Apparently some guy that likes bins alot broke them on accident and didnt know where they belonged. I have now put them up where theyre intended to be: https://prnt.sc/13awfxw
Ive also added you on the plot incase you get bored and wanna try all the interactable jumps. (There are alot yes)

Alright I'll just hop on and fully test the map <3

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
I completely understand your point about the shading, thinking about it know that would probably look really good if executed well. Problem is I didnt make the build and I dont think I would be able to implement these changes in a proper way.

Oopsie

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello ComradeOlaf, 5p1eef, and TimeLUVSPigical,

Your map will now be marked as ongoing; I have reviewed your map and it will now be discussed among map judges. This may take a time, so please be patient. This thread will be closed from responses.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello ComradeOlaf, 5p1eef, and TimeLUVSPigical,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original as we don't have any Shy Guy related maps yet, well done.
The build is
accurate to what you were going for, with several details.
The parkour is
varied throughout, well done. It was fun to play, and the difficulty of the map is great for a hard map.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.