[Skyblock] Hopper update

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
I think we should be able to either filter hoppers, or change the hopper speeds. This would make it so autocraft chests are actually useful. As it is, if you try to make a IG farm with an autocraft chest, the items leave the chest quicker than they can be crafted into blocks.

The filtering option, which I think would be easiest and best, would just allow the player to filter iron blocks. This would ultimately remedy the situation.

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
353 107
I think we should be able to either filter hoppers, or change the hopper speeds. This would make it so autocraft chests are actually useful. As it is, if you try to make a IG farm with an autocraft chest, the items leave the chest quicker than they can be crafted into blocks.

The filtering option, which I think would be easiest and best, would just allow the player to filter iron blocks. This would ultimately remedy the situation.
Hoppers can be filtered through hopper filters (hopper filters is not a manacube feature rather a technique used in redstone). You can find many tutorials on how to build one on youtube.

Personally I don't think adding the ability of increasing the speed of hoppers is going to be beneficial (server side). Firstly, the item packets would need to be updated more quicker resulting in possible server lag. Secondly, there are few to non plugins that support your idea. The manacube admins could code a plugin for your idea but I am almost certain they will not have the time to code a whole new plugin for such feature.

To sum up, your idea is a great idea although it comes with it's trouble. I personally would love a feature like this (for survival cause I play survival heh) but I am afraid that it won't be beneficial to the server as it will only make it struggle more.

**Some of these statements may not be completely true, if you want a more professional review to your idea and it's disadvantages please contact a manacube administrator or look up for advanced hopper lore on the internet.**

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8

Not sure how it is for skyblock. But for survival you use Redstone timers to make it so the ingots get crafted into blocks then the timer switches so that it'll send the crafted blocks into the chests.

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
353 107
Not sure how it is for skyblock. But for survival you use Redstone timers to make it so the ingots get crafted into blocks then the timer switches so that it'll send the crafted blocks into the chests.
I literally typed that in my post
Hoppers can be filtered through hopper filters (hopper filters is not a manacube feature rather a technique used in redstone). You can find many tutorials on how to build one on youtube.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings

Personally I don't think adding the ability of increasing the speed of hoppers is going to be beneficial (server side). Firstly, the item packets would need to be updated more quicker resulting in possible server lag. Secondly, there are few to non plugins that support your idea. The manacube admins could code a plugin for your idea but I am almost certain they will not have the time to code a whole new plugin for such feature.

To sum up, your idea is a great idea although it comes with it's trouble. I personally would love a feature like this (for survival cause I play survival heh) but I am afraid that it won't be beneficial to the server as it will only make it struggle more.

**Some of these statements may not be completely true, if you want a more professional review to your idea and it's disadvantages please contact a manacube administrator or look up for advanced hopper lore on the internet.**
Disregarding the hopper speed bit, because honestly I don't think that would be possible either, I was just providing an alternative. I know for a fact that @CullanP knows a plugin to filter hoppers. Otherwise, honestly I wouldn't have even bothered to make this post.

(Screenshot from another server)
52b5b830c55f86d8eab7c64195572886.png

I know you can use redstone, this is just way more convenient.