chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
Firstly, I'm wondering if there can be different color checkmarks for different total completions of different difficulties. It would go as following:

Green checkmark: For all easy map completions
Yellow checkmark: For all medium map completions
Red checkmark: For all hard map completions
Purple checkmark: For all expert map completions
Orange checkmark: For all insane map completions

You may be wondering what would be used for the universal, all maps completed checkmark. That's were I conclude that there should be a light blue checkmark for this feat. I believe that adding this to parkour would give players a sense of feeling more included. Furthermore, perhaps a prestige like message can appear when a player beats all the maps in one of these 6 categories. This happens enough to the point where its fairly often, but not enough to become a spamming issue in the chat. Please consider this.

Secondly, me along with many others are quite frankly annoyed with all of the user rank-up messages in chat (ex): [IGN] has ranked up to Rookie.

I feel that this can be improved upon by just releasing a chat message for those who rank up to [Skilled], or any of the 4 ranks that need score to rank up too. This includes:

{GOD}
{MASTER}
{INSANE}
{CHAMPION}

This still acknowledges the feats of the players, but just the milestones.

Thirdly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea (whereas I am quite confident that the two stated above are great), but I think the Senior Mods should get a different [SRMOD] tag color other than cyan or light blue, because in tab there are many other [CHAMPION] rank players with the same color, and I think that the colors for the [SRMOD] could be more distinguishable.

Thank you :)

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
I 100 percent agree with every single thing you said. This is all absolutely incredible. FANTASTIC post. All of this is awesome. I have also personally wanted the [MiniMod] tag as well! XD

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
I minimod tag would be problematic as people wou buy the tag and act like they have power as a moderator.
maybe tho if you don't have the things needed to actually apply like me :)

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
why do you want to discriminate against people ranking up to rookie? like if your concerned about spam maybe u should get rid of scramblers join messages etc etc etc. i personally dont see how your so annoyed by someone ranking up? surely everyones achievemnts should be celebrated watever their skill level.
I’m not specifically discriminating any rank, I was just using rookie as an example. As I stated though, I believe that keeping the messages for benchmark ranks like Skilled and all that require score.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I'd imagine just for the sake of having fewer system messages in chat, especially when players are saving up mana to rank up from Noob to Champion at once.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
I'd imagine just for the sake of having fewer system messages in chat, especially when players are saving up mana to rank up from Noob to Champion at once.
yea i guess so but i feel this is such a trivial thing that not many people would care either way as it would not display a few messages every 10 minutes. not that ive ever ranked up but i thought perhaps that it sort of bought a senese of acheivemnt to people when they ranked up and got to showcase to everyone their progress. i feel like there are alot more pressing issues that everyone including you and i would like addressed which does actually include a better chat. more focus on the filter which i know you always rant about lmao and perhaps a better way to manage the scrambler would reduce spam significantly more than a few rankup messages every 10 mins.

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
yea i guess so but i feel this is such a trivial thing that not many people would care either way as it would not display a few messages every 10 minutes. not that ive ever ranked up but i thought perhaps that it sort of bought a senese of acheivemnt to people when they ranked up and got to showcase to everyone their progress. i feel like there are alot more pressing issues that everyone including you and i would like addressed which does actually include a better chat. more focus on the filter which i know you always rant about lmao and perhaps a better way to manage the scrambler would reduce spam significantly more than a few rankup messages every 10 mins.
I’m not exactly sure about the sense of achievement, i believe that the sense of achievement comes from the player ranking up, not from the message that pops up. I agree that this is somewhat a trivial thing but at the end of the day, I think that, even for lower ranks, players are more focused on themselves and what other ppl think. I think that the ranks people in chat would care the most about are skilled and the score ranks

CreeperSlayer

ELITE
CreeperSlayer
CreeperSlayer
ELITE
Ratings
30 2
To be honest, I quite like the announcements in chat. It might not be the same for everyone, but I saw it as an incentive to rankup when I started playing. I like your other ideas.

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
To be honest, I quite like the announcements in chat. It might not be the same for everyone, but I saw it as an incentive to rankup when I started playing. I like your other ideas.
I’m seeing what every one is talking about, and honestly, yeah there’s really no reason to remove the rank ups, but again, it’s whatever

Once_Upon_A_Mine

VIP
Once_Upon_A_Mine
Once_Upon_A_Mine
VIP
Ratings
49 3
I like everything you said accept the rank up messages. People who rank up to rookie and amateur still feel like its an achievment as they get to show everyone there progress. By allowing chat messages for skilled and god+ ranks it feels like you are devaluing the achievments that other people of lower ranks get.

Also, I do not think rank up messages are spammy at all and enjoy people get ranked up in chat as its a fun way to see where people are and how people are getting better.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
Firstly, I'm wondering if there can be different color checkmarks for different total completions of different difficulties. It would go as following:

You may be wondering what would be used for the universal, all maps completed checkmark. That's were I conclude that there should be a light blue checkmark for this feat. I believe that adding this to parkour would give players a sense of feeling more included. Furthermore, perhaps a prestige like message can appear when a player beats all the maps in one of these 6 categories. This happens enough to the point where its fairly often, but not enough to become a spamming issue in the chat. Please consider this.

Secondly, me along with many others are quite frankly annoyed with all of the user rank-up messages in chat (ex): [IGN] has ranked up to Rookie.

I feel that this can be improved upon by just releasing a chat message for those who rank up to [Skilled], or any of the 4 ranks that need score to rank up too. This includes:

{GOD}
{MASTER}
{INSANE}
{CHAMPION}

Thirdly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea (whereas I am quite confident that the two stated above are great), but I think the Senior Mods should get a different [SRMOD] tag color other than cyan or light blue, because in tab there are many other [CHAMPION] rank players with the same color, and I think that the colors for the [SRMOD] could be more distinguishable.

Thank you :)
ill raise a glass to this post. i like everything in it

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13

You may be wondering what would be used for the universal, all maps completed checkmark. That's were I conclude that there should be a light blue checkmark for this feat. I believe that adding this to parkour would give players a sense of feeling more included.
I like the idea of a different colored checkmark, but I don't think it should be used this way. It would be rather confusing keeping track of all the colors, what if you completed every easy and medium maps but wanted green? And why light blue out of all colors? I like the current style of a green checkmark for completing every map, although a good idea is to give those who complete every map in challenge mode the ability to change their color.

Furthermore, perhaps a prestige like message can appear when a player beats all the maps in one of these 6 categories. This happens enough to the point where its fairly often, but not enough to become a spamming issue in the chat. Please consider this.
No, there are always around 10 people who gets the checkmark after every new bunch of maps comes. Sure it would be good to announce first time someone gets checkmark, but everyone loses their checkmark when new maps are added and it would be pretty annoying to gg the same person every month.

{GOD}
{MASTER}
{INSANE}
{CHAMPION}

Pretty good idea, although as said above ranking up is an achievement for everyone no matter what. But the spam can be annoying when someone prestiges. I think every rank after skilled should announce since there is no other reason to rank up.

This is not a big deal if you know how to read, srmods are always on the top and there is usually staff or youtubers in between

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
My opinion btw
1- Why not, but I'm against the message when someone complete all the maps of a difficulty, it will be quite spammy when new maps are added if a player who already finished all the previous maps start completing the new maps.
2- It's only spammy when players rankup from noob to champ, but in general it's completely fine, there is other way more spammy stuff on chat (hello scramblers) that could be changed before this if it ever gets changed, I actually prefer like we currently are tbh.
3- N o, I have everything matched with blue with my tags, nickname and even prestige, don't mess with it. (Well I guess changing to another type of blue like &9 instead of cyan is not too bad)
4- lol no for way too many reasons