MVP+
Ratings
Username: Druiditbeau [Builder]

Map name: Sonic Paradise

Plot Info:

Id: -111;33 // Plot owner: druiditbeau // /plot visit druiditbeau 1

Difficulty: Medium

Number of Jumps: 35

I know there's already a Sonic map but it not only uses different materials, I would say it gives a different feeling, and is a different scenario, atleast
that's my hope with this Sonic Paradise map.

Thank you for the opportunity! Waiting for response, druiditbeau <3

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Druiditbeau,

I will be putting this map into reviewing. This means that there are aspects of you map that are really good, but there are key problems with the map that will need to be fixed before the map is accepted. You will have until October 10th, 2020 to make changes before the map is automatically rejected.

The theme is not the most original, as there are other Sonic maps, but other judges and I decided that because this map looks somewhat different compared to other Sonic maps that it is original enough. The build is great! It does give a different feeling compared to other Sonic maps and feels more muted and smooth, which I really liked. The color palette is very easy on the eyes and overall the build is nice to look at.

The parkour is the main problem with the map. The map had some variation but overall felt pretty bland and repetitive, even for a map on the easier side of the Medium difficulty. I would like to see greater variation used effectively, as some of the blocks used on the map currently are used in a way that feels like normal blocks. I also felt like some of the space created on the map wasn't used effectively. A build this size could sustain at least ten more jumps if used wisely, if not many more. I would be happy to help you with this if you message me on Discord.

Thank you for submitting this map! Please message me on Discord @ Quinny#2316 if you have any questions, or again, want assistance with revamping the parkour. Hope to see these revisions soon!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey again Druid,

Thanks for working on revamping the parkour with me tonight! This map is now being accepted. I appreciate your willingness to work with me, and I hope you learned some new tricks to making parkour for the future. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.