Speed Runners, what's your most hated jump in maps?

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I wanna hear what some of your guys's most hated jumps that make you slow down are, some of the things that make speed runners lose speed or have to restart etcetera. Preferably by giving visual examples [screenshots] but if not, that's fine too! I'd just like to hear your least favorite kinds of jumps, you know?

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
ladders, they take ages to climb up.
neos, you gotta find the right angle which will take some time.
Of couse, I'm not a speed runner but these are things that slow me down.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
ladders, they take ages to climb up.
neos, you gotta find the right angle which will take some time.
Of couse, I'm not a speed runner but these are things that slow me down.
Thank you so much! I know it's probably hard to explain why I need this info without spoiling future events, so all I can say is thank you and ask that you share the thread around maybe? I'd love to have various answers !

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
I detest vines with a passion. They're too coinflip and you can't have a strat to use them well in maps

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Jumps that have pressure plates below them that make you complete the course with less mana if you step on them.

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
Exactly what flute said, I really don't like 1 block jumps, those I always fail without a doubt

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I hate when you have to turn around and do something like a 3 +1 or 4 block jump with no momentum.
Use forced momentum for 4 block/3+1 jumps, you only need 1 block of momentum with that strat and it's very easy.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I'd say that just momentum changes in general are very annoying. Sharp direction changes after a series of straightforward jumps (for an easy example, the Snowman easy map where it's just jumps then a 90 degree turn), repeated neos, and water/lava are what I find annoying when I'm speedrunning maps.