Staff and stuff

Gqose

Ratings
So, I am almost ready to be able to apply for staff I just have to meet some of the requirements. But, when i do I’m considering to hold off until I exceed these limits. If I had to say it, what should I aim for? Double the expectations? If a staff member could tell me their stats when they applied it would be helpful. But, if it’s authorized, it’s okay, I understand.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Heya! There are no specific "stats" that are looked for when the tips say to "exceed the requirements". For example, one requirement is that you must have at least 50 hours played on the server you are applying for. This doesn't mean you should apply right when you get 50 hours! Overall it means that the player must be comfortable with the server and to not rush into becoming staff, therefore 50 hours is only the minimum. Another example is the requirement of having at least 20 Forum posts. This ensures that the player who is applying knows their way around the Forums and has interacted with the community not only through in-game on Minecraft. Once again, this means the player should strive to exceed this requirement and not rush into becoming staff right when they have 20 Forum posts. If you need any more examples feel free to ask! :D

- ashley<3

Gqose

Ratings
Heya! There are no specific "stats" that are looked for when the tips say to "exceed the requirements". For example, one requirement is that you must have at least 50 hours played on the server you are applying for. This doesn't mean you should apply right when you get 50 hours! Overall it means that the player must be comfortable with the server and to not rush into becoming staff, therefore 50 hours is only the minimum. Another example is the requirement of having at least 20 Forum posts. This ensures that the player who is applying knows their way around the Forums and has interacted with the community not only through in-game on Minecraft. Once again, this means the player should strive to exceed this requirement and not rush into becoming staff right when they have 20 Forum posts. If you need any more examples feel free to ask! :D

- ashley<3
hey! thanks for the good info! I understand how stats work now and how the requirements shouldn't be rushed. Thanks! I'll put your info into consideration.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hey Gqose,

I wanted to put in my experience when I applied. I applied with 200 hours, 100+ forum posts, active on discord and ingame, 1400+ words on my application and in the end still got denied. You really need to exceed all expectations when applying and not just meet them. You need to make sure you arent just helping ingame but also on the discord. Don’t rush into your application it really does show, take your time and make sure you hit every mark. I’ve never been accepted on this server so I don’t know what else to say but from my experience this is why I was denied. Good luck on your application!!!

Gqose

Ratings
Hey Gqose,

I wanted to put in my experience when I applied. I applied with 200 hours, 100+ forum posts, active on discord and ingame, 1400+ words on my application and in the end still got denied. You really need to exceed all expectations when applying and not just meet them. You need to make sure you arent just helping ingame but also on the discord. Don’t rush into your application it really does show, take your time and make sure you hit every mark. I’ve never been accepted on this server so I don’t know what else to say but from my experience this is why I was denied. Good luck on your application!!!
Hey! dude, that info is one of the most helpful things I have gotten. I’m sorry about you getting denied, keep trying though! Thank you!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As Elly said, there's more to it than just the numbers. You need to exceed the requirements, but at the end of the day the difference between an accepted staff application and a rejected one will be aspects of your personality, your behaviour ingame and your relationship with the server. Don't sweat it, and when you feel ready to apply, go all in.

Gqose

Ratings
As Elly said, there's more to it than just the numbers. You need to exceed the requirements, but at the end of the day the difference between an accepted staff application and a rejected one will be aspects of your personality, your behaviour ingame and your relationship with the server. Don't sweat it, and when you feel ready to apply, go all in.
Hey! Now I understand to exceed it to have a better chance. Thank you for the info!